The Republican Party is only viable because of Southern racism

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So the original question of this thread was, "is the republican party only viable because of southern racism", the responses weren't, "no because...", instead they were, "democrats are racists too!".

Thanks for playing righties but when you can't even answer an honest question without pointing the finger at someone else then you've lost the debate.

Whether or not democrats have policies that hurt or help blacks is irrelevant to the discussion.

It just proves once again that the right is incapable of self criticism.

Well considering that liberals will just claim that every position Republicans take is really a dog whistle for racism that is a bit pointless.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You mean like the 40% of WV democrats that prefer in an incarcerated felon to Obama?

I can apply that little example to 100% of Republicans.

Do you have an example of a prominent elected Democratic official disparaging Romney solely because he is white?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I can apply that little example to 100% of Republicans.

Do you have an example of a prominent elected Democratic official disparaging Romney solely because he is white?

Do you have an example of a prominent elected Republican official disparaging Obama solely because he is black?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Calling out racism is racist, So if you are helping you are doubly racist for exposing the naked racism of the racists.

It's a typical Conservative projection wrapped up into another giant conspiracy.

In the long run it's just racists trying to score some easy PR to garner a few votes while their party becomes a minority themselves.

You would think that that by just not being racist this would solve the problem, but this is conservative la la land.

Being racist is their god given right ya know.

Well I believe that comment you quoted was directed towards me. He has no idea of who I am, but you've been around longer. Are you applying your comments towards me?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Considering he renounced those views in 1982 do you have a 21st century example?

He was a member of the KKK, and he wasn't just a member, he create a new chapter of the KKK and recruited 150 of his friends to join. When he was 30 years old, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation." It's not like he was a dumb punk kid, he was 30 years old. You don't just renounce that shit. Prime example is he used the N word on national TV in 2001. Once a racist, always a racist.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He was a member of the KKK, and he wasn't just a member, he create a new chapter of the KKK and recruited 150 of his friends to join. When he was 30 years old, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation." It's not like he was a dumb punk kid, he was 30 years old. You don't just renounce that shit. Prime example is he used the N word on national TV in 2001. Once a racist, always a racist.

But but b... The democrats are racist too!!

Good job you found Waldo!

Yep the dems sure are racist but they don't need southern racism to get elected.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

You're ignoring the context of that interview. I'm shocked.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you have an example of a prominent elected Republican official disparaging Obama solely because he is black?

Here's a start. I have a lot more.

The specter of two national Republican figures apologizing for calling President Obama, the first African-American president, alternately a "tar baby" and "boy" gave new fuel to speculation on the left that underneath much of the criticism of the president and his policies lurks the shadow of racism.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...icans-thinking-calling-Obama-tar-baby-and-boy

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
A former KKK member uses the N word, "White N***ERS" he is not a racist? You are making too many excuses for your side.

Probably a better example of renouncing racism was George Wallace.

Could not have created a more racist southern politician. He was shot and paralyzed. Similar to Byrd he had an epiphany and renounced his past racist ways.

GW did that in public and one of the largest civil rights organizations at that time the SCLC forgave him in public.

Dogwhistle, covert or overt the Democratic Party has little room for those kinds of people. Yeah there will always be a few but the party as a whole does not welcome them.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have no idea what a "tar baby" is. Some obscure reference to the 19th century literature apparently. And I am sure all those uneducated southern republicans know what it is though :rolleyes:

And he said "your boy". Not "boy". Should the word boy be stricken from the Republican lexicon?

Look it up and get back to me.

I guess if he had used any of the following you would deny knowledge/use of the word

spook
jungle bunny
spearchucker
lawn jockey

stop me anytime

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have no idea what a "tar baby" is. Some obscure reference to the 19th century literature apparently. And I am sure all those uneducated southern republicans know what it is though :rolleyes:

And he said "your boy". Not "boy". Should the word boy be stricken from the Republican lexicon?

Wanna strike this from the lexicon too??

watermelonpatch.jpg

oh that's right you are unaware of the reference

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Look it up and get back to me.

I guess if he had used any of the following you would deny knowledge/use of the word

spook
jungle bunny
spearchucker
lawn jockey

stop me anytime

Well some of those do sound more racist.

Perhaps Buchanan should have referred to Sharption and Obama as chums instead :D

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Probably a better example of renouncing racism was George Wallace.

Could not have created a more racist southern politician. He was shot and paralyzed. Similar to Byrd he had an epiphany and renounced his past racist ways.

GW did that in public and one of the largest civil rights organizations at that time the SCLC forgave him in public.

Dogwhistle, covert or overt the Democratic Party has little room for those kinds of people. Yeah there will always be a few but the party as a whole does not welcome them.

Well I have news for you, the Republicans have no room for it either. Are we supposed to reject votes because they come from the south? Oh no, we are all racists because of what some dipshit retard strategists said in 1981.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Well I believe that comment you quoted was directed towards me. He has no idea of who I am, but you've been around longer. Are you applying your comments towards me?

No, I dont think so. I was playing around with Special Olympics of right wing mental gymnastics they go through to justify their racism and project it on others. Amazing it works on some people without their spinal cords throttling their own brains out of the sheer stupidity of such leaps of logic.