HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Righties have accused people like me of having Trump derangement syndrome whenever we complain about him. Trump being a vile, piece of filth who is a serial liar and commits transgressions against the United States and a subset of its people on almost a daily basis. The bar for despicable acts has been set so low by his supporters Trump's claim of shooting someone on the street are valid.

Trump deserves his scorn. Now let's take someone who is in the top 5 of right wing boogeymen, who happens to be a woman Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. She has just been sworn into office, has yet to commit any condemnable acts yet conservatives are so desperate to smear her a right wing twitter account posted a so called scandelous video of her allegedly in high school dancing. Let's just say it back fired. People now are finding her even more likeable.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...dorable/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ea638652cb82

Conservatives will look to smear people on the left of upstanding character even when they've done nothing wrong. Remember the standards for Obama scandals? Tan suit in the Oval Office, not wearing flag pin. Righties couldn't stand it even Obama sang an Al Green hit at a fund raiser.

I've been agnostic on AOC but all the hate from righties is making me like her more.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
That was scandalous?

Why don't Baptists have sex standing up?

They wouldn't want people to think they were dancing!

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wasn't even in high school and was shown only a small clip. It was a production while she was at Boston University and they were acting out various scenes from other productions. The whole video was about 4+ minutes long, IIRC from reading this morning.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Reactions: Bitek

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Homer, I see that your OP has been proven true already just from this thread....Boogeyman (or Boogeywoman) indeed.

Reactions: Bitek
Feb 4, 2009
Honestly, I think there's some "odd feelings" and confusion some of these conservatives have towards her. She is an intelligent, (now) powerful, and attractive WoC and they don't know to deal with that shame (and fear) caused by the tingling in their pants.

Possibly, Susan Collins(?) went in a slightly weird track with her too. Few days ago she said something like I don’t see why people are drawn to this shiny object (referring to AOC)
Weird for a woman to describe another woman as an object. I know there is a generational gap but still really strange words to choose.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Honestly, I think there's some "odd feelings" and confusion some of these conservatives have towards her. She is an intelligent, (now) powerful, and attractive WoC and they don't know to deal with that shame (and fear) caused by the tingling in their pants.

Not sure about the intelligent part or the actual level of "hate" towards her. I think this is the progressheviks' version of Trump's inauguration crowd size. I think the continued promotion of superficial qualities of our new members of Congress is a great start.

Reactions: Challenger
Feb 4, 2009
Not sure about the intelligent part or the actual level of "hate" towards her. I think this is the progressheviks' version of Trump's inauguration crowd size. I think the continued promotion of superficial qualities of our new members of Congress is a great start.

Wut?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well, she's an idiot. That's reason enough not to vote for her.

I've no interest in her personal life apart from anything truly egregious.

While I agree some of her economic ideas are far-fetched, to put it lightly they are no worse and almost certainly far better than a number of people you have voted for in the past. Did you vote for Bobby Jindal? If so you voted for someone with a worse grasp of economics than Ocasio-Cortez by a long shot and he proved it.

That aside, it's pretty interesting just how far AOC has gotten into Republicans' heads. Booing her when she votes for Pelosi? Showing videos of her dancing in college as if that's a bad thing? Reporting that she went to high school in Yorktown as if that's a scandal when that information is prominently posted on her own website? Whatever, they can keep doing it because they're just playing into her hands.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It's almost like she's a normal person, with real-world viewpoints and honest opinions. In touch with her constituents and their daily lives. Dare I say shes "one of us".
She should have spent her high school and college years talking people's ears off about gutting Medicare and Social Security like a true Patriot would have, not dirty hippie shit like dancing. What a bowl of filth she is.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This reminds me of how conservatives kept saying 'Get over Hillary, she lost!' when conservatives were the only ones bringing her up.

Progressives think AOC is fine but she wouldn't come up a quarter as much if conservatives didn't keep trying to attack her and hilariously failing.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Fox has gone out of its way to demonize her on more than one occasion. Newsmax falsely claimed she went to an Ivy League school to try and discredit her working-class roots. Right-wing commentators and politicians have attacked her for being 'too poor' (because she couldn't afford to rent in DC until she took office) and for wearing 'too nice' an outfit (because working-class people are always supposed to look poor). This attempt at smearing her with a dance video is just the latest childish attack.

In other words: be quiet, child, and let the adults talk.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Cute video. I don't see why it would bother anyone, it could have come out of Disney.

AOC made a big splash with her entry into politics, and wants to fundamentally change the structure of the US. That's easy to say, easy to talk about, easy to promote, not so easy to do.
We've seen the salesmen, we've heard the pitch, now we need the engineer to tell us how it's going to work.

Reactions: ondma and pcgeek11

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Possibly, Susan Collins(?) went in a slightly weird track with her too. Few days ago she said something like I don’t see why people are drawn to this shiny object (referring to AOC)
Weird for a woman to describe another woman as an object. I know there is a generational gap but still really strange words to choose.

Actually, that was a Democrat, former Sen. Claire McCaskill, who has referred to AOC as a “bright shiny new object” and “new thing” on various occasions. AOC called her out for objectifying her, and I’d have to agree it reinforces the whole “double standards” argument against the Left saying one thing and doing another.

I think McCaskill has sour grapes about threading the needle on progressivism and voting with Trump so often but still getting dumped by her constituents. But it also goes to show that one of the worst “isms”, ageism, isn’t a right wing vs. left wing issue. AOC will be treated like a kid (or worse) by her own caucus due to her good looks, young age and inexperience.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Actually, that was a Democrat, former Sen. Claire McCaskill, who has referred to AOC as a “bright shiny new object” and “new thing” on various occasions. AOC called her out for objectifying her, and I’d have to agree it reinforces the whole “double standards” argument against the Left saying one thing and doing another.

I think McCaskill has sour grapes about threading the needle on progressivism and voting with Trump so often but still getting dumped by her constituents. But it also goes to show that one of the worst “isms”, ageism, isn’t a right wing vs. left wing issue. AOC will be treated like a kid (or worse) by her own caucus due to her good looks, young age and inexperience.
It was McCaskill. You are right she's just pissed about losing and I suspect a slight bit of jealously. She's only a "shiny new object" because of right wing hate. CMC should know better.

Reactions: DarthKyrie