The question is simple: PIRATES or NINJAS?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Pirates have wenches. I have never seen a ninja with a chick!

Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
According my GF each have these characteristics:

Pirates: Handsome macho-men

Ninjas: Fit, muscular and slender men with nice asses and tight clothes.

SpecialEd

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001

<< Pirates have wenches. I have never seen a ninja with a chick!

Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!
>>

i was about to say this. I think i'd have a better chance at picking up chicks if I was a pirate. ninjas are too serious... unless of course there are ninja groupie girls that like the whole ninja thing..:p

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
What are you talking about.

Ninja's will beat up 50 pirates at the same time with their eyes closed and one hand tied behind the back.

And the pirates with wooden legs wont even stand the slightest chance.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001

<<

<< Pirates have wenches. I have never seen a ninja with a chick!

>>

i was about to say this. I think i'd have a better chance at picking up chicks if I was a pirate. ninjas are too serious... unless of course there are ninja groupie girls that like the whole ninja thing..:p
>>

I mean think about it. What do ninjas have other than Rosy Palm and her five sisters.

PIRATES! PIRATES! PIRATES!

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Pirates are cooler just on the general overall gist of things, but they would get their a$$es handed to them by any competent Ninjas. Pirates relied mostly on fear to win their battles and just overwelming numbers, one to one they were not all that fearsome. Also for those thinking they are macho and handsome, it was pretty common for sailors in those days to have "shipmates" who were more than just coworkers...... and considering it was not uncommon for them to spend 6+ months at sea with no real baths, the handsome thing would be questionable aslo...... :-D cheers!

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< Dude, Ninjas are totally sweet. One time I saw this Ninja, he was hiding behind a car and some bad guys ran up behind him and were all like "Die, Ninja!" and started shooting at him and then the car exploded. But the Ninja used the force of the explosion to do this kickass super-high jump with like 10 flips and then kicked one of the guy's heads off. Then he threw some shurikens (those are these awesome ninja stars) at the other guy's chest and head, and one hit him in the eye and blood was spurting out everywhere. The ninja walked over to him and pulled it out of his eye and was like "I might need this later, punk" and then he ran up the side of a building.

;)
>>

.....and then he like pulled out this guitar and TOTALLY wailed on it and it wastotally sweet!!

:D

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
I say pirates win on coolness because they have their own language. "Arrgh, shiver me timbers! ye scurvy scum will walk tha plank! I'll send ye to Davy Jones' grave."

I have plans for a great Pirate RPG with multiple port cities and bording craft and swashbuckling and piracy. My first character will be a bawdy wench at a port who'll make money for my second character, a pirate, who'll own his own galleon and be the scourge of the Spanish fleet.

The expansion pack will bring in ninjas. Ninjas rule pirates on land, particluarly since pirates' first stop (to regain health, etc) on land is to the tavern, then the house of ill repute (where they'll meet up with my first char). So the ninjas will own the drunken pirates. On ship, though, the ninjas will get scurvy and they'll get seasick. If they try to board another ship, they might fall overboard. Their health will decrease because they will shun their daily ration of rum.

What do you think?

MustPost

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
Pirates: bunch of disfigured guys drunk all the time who can rip your face with their hook
Ninjas: bunch of thin guys sometimes drunk who can do matial arts.

Hard choice, but I think I'l go with Ninjas because I don't think id want to smell hard liquor all day.

Jan 18, 2001
Pirates!

Question: What's better than keeling your enemies before making them walk the plank?

Answer: Drinking rum while keeling your enemies, before making them walk the plank!

SpecialEd

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001

<<
I mean think about it. What do ninjas have other than Rosy Palm and her five sisters.

PIRATES! PIRATES! PIRATES!
>>

lol... ninjas don't have very good social skills. i guess some people here can relate;)

navyrn

Jul 13, 2000
This is easy. Sailors, especially Pirates were paid with Rum rations. A ladel of rum per day. What do ninjas get paid in.. Rice?
As far as a brawl... The ninjas would find out what naval bombardment is all about. A 13 gun broad side would end this discussion. Then the pirates would land ashore in time to collect the widows.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Ooo, pirates of course. They are all scruffy, and sweaty, and they are all muscular from pulling on the sails all day. And they could kidnap me, and call me wench, and ravish me..... oh, I think I found me a new fantasy, woohoo!

;)

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Ninja's have the Kung Fu Grip

Pirates are a bunch of Sausage Swashbucklers...

No Contest Ninja's Rule!!!