The Prestige

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I thought The Illusionist was ok but not really that interesting.

The Prestige FTW.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Scarlett > Jessica

but

Illusionist > Prestige

Without spoiling it, the ending of the Prestige was quite unexpected.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: enwar3
The Prestige >>>>>>>>>>> Illusionist.

I saw the illusionist in theatres when it came out (if you remember, they both came out at the same time). The Illusionist sucked so I never saw the Prestige since I figured it sucked similarly. But when I saw the Prestige a few years later I was amazed. Great, great movie.

Considering the illusionist came out in Sept 2006, I doubt you waited a few years later to see the prestige....

unless you had a time machine.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: slag
Originally posted by: enwar3
The Prestige >>>>>>>>>>> Illusionist.

I saw the illusionist in theatres when it came out (if you remember, they both came out at the same time). The Illusionist sucked so I never saw the Prestige since I figured it sucked similarly. But when I saw the Prestige a few years later I was amazed. Great, great movie.

Considering the illusionist came out in Sept 2006, I doubt you waited a few years later to see the prestige....

unless you had a time machine.

They released within a month of each other.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Steve
I saw The Prestige recently and loved it. I have yet to see The Illusionist.

Jessica Biel is a butterface. ScarJo FTW.

Same situation I am in.

Up for PAOL!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Well when I first reviewed them I gave both a 7, so I liked them both equally? They both had positive and negtaives that sort of balanced out for me.

KT

Edit: but SJ pants, err hands down.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
A great flick on HD-DVD. A must have Hi-Def movie.

Available in the UK from Amazon UK and Ebay UK. I got my copy from Ebay UK cheap.

The Prestige

Or you can just buy it on Blu-ray without all the hassle.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: zinfamous
A great flick on HD-DVD. A must have Hi-Def movie.

Available in the UK from Amazon UK and Ebay UK. I got my copy from Ebay UK cheap.

The Prestige

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how many people still own an HD DVD player?

I know I do; but such a terrible suggestion for those living in reality.

IF you own a HD-DVD player you should browse on Ebay or Half.com or even Amazon (occasionally) for cheap HD-DVD deals. I picked up some great titles on HD-DVD lately for $3 or $4 shipped or less! Just have to watch out for sellers who combine shipping for the best deals if you buy a few from them at a time.

Yeah, I keep wanting to jump on some deals from Fry's, but there are so few HD DVD that I actually want. Most I already have on BD, and the DVD versions are of films I don't feel like I need to replace, especially with a Dead Format, and even at 5 bucks.

I was always disappointed that the HD DVD selection was so crappy compared to what was released on BD when they were still competing. That, and the lack of lossless audio tracks was a big kick in the nuts. While I don't agree that bitrate is everything, BD also had that advantage as well. I like a lot of those HD DVD transfers, but not worth it anymore, imo.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't think I ever saw the Illusionist...

and Scarlett ~ Biel.

They are both Hot. Scarlett is more talented, of course.