The Prestige

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I loved the story and the characters. Heck, they even threw in Tesla as a main character!

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: rudeguy
One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I loved the story and the characters. Heck, they even threw in Tesla as a main character!

You're kidding right?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
7/10 Bale was good as usual and I'm always happy to see Scarlett Johansson on screen (particulary in HD!!) but I just felt the movie was a little too over the top and forced in spots. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it or anything.

KT

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Perhaps you were in a drunken stupor when it came out?

Good movie though.

I just downloaded The Illusionist and have been meaning to check that out also.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Both The Prestige and The Illusionist were good, with a nod towards the Illusionist.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
7/10 Bale was good as usual and I'm always happy to see Scarlett Johansson on screen (particulary in HD!!) but I just felt the movie was a little too over the top and forced in spots. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it or anything.

KT

Yeah, I enjoyed it, no desire to really see it again; even though a Bowie appearance is always welcome.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Originally posted by: lokiju
Perhaps you were in a drunken stupor when it came out?

Good movie though.

I just downloaded The Illusionist and have been meaning to check that out also.

That's another decent movie but it does go slow for large parts of it but the ending makes up for it.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

KT

I don't buy movies ever. I agree that Bale was good and SJ looked amazing.

Maybe its because I had never heard of it before I rented it but I really liked it.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous

KT

Yeah, I enjoyed it, no desire to really see it again; even though a Bowie appearance is always welcome.

Oh yeah, I wasn`t expecting that at all. I actually yelled `fucking awesome`at the TV when he showed up. :laugh:

KT

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
I enjoyed most aspects of the movie, and I even appreciate the premise of the ending but for whatever reason the movie just wasn't near what I felt it should have been; I can't even put my finger on why.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
I enjoyed most aspects of the movie, and I even appreciate the premise of the ending but for whatever reason the movie just wasn't near what I felt it should have been; I can't even put my finger on why.

I got the feeling that a lot of good stuff ended up on the editing room floor.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Shawn
The Illusionist > The Prestige

Netflix has been recommending that movie to me as well. I will have to add it!

Do it. Ed Norton FTW!

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Netflix has been recommending that movie to me as well. I will have to add it!

Do it. Ed Norton FTW!

KT

And Jessica Biel!!!

Scarlett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jessica

KT

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

And Jessica Biel!!!

2 of my favorite people!

Ed Norton became one of my favorite actors half way through American History X.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

No. The illusionist was just a BS romeo and juliet type story with a magician main character to make it seem new. It's like Twilight putting in vampires and werewolves to mask the love story. It's still the same old shit just a new skin.

That said I still enjoyed the Illusionist. It looked great and Norton as always did a great job.