The Phantom Flusher stats thread.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I received 600 then 1,600 and now about 1,900 blocks. I had all but one of my comuters doing RC5 (the other was doing SETI). As best as I can tell, I never asked for the extra blocks and Hardware France passed the SETI team a few days ago. I switched my daughter's c433 over to SETI and my block rate still was very high today. If my blocks drop down, I'll switch the C433 back to RC5.

I appreciate the blocks, but there is more than one Anandtech team in distributed computing. The official SETI stats are flakey now and team members are hand compiling stats to keep others in the team appraised.

Michael

Fandu

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Add me to the list of The Phantom Flushers victoms(?).

LORD, thank you! It's about time!

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think that I've been getting about 2K extra the last couple of days. A nice surprise :D

KingHam

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Onno, thanks for the information.
If Chakotay is the only DPC getting blocks then that probably makes it even more mysterious.

Would any of the Gurus have an idea if it's possible to hack into another teams pproxy and rename blocks? That wouldn't explain the daily growth in blocks until they level out at 20k though.

You know there are a couple threads around that are asking, why RC5? Because it's better than the X-Files, thats why! :)

DutchJake

Jun 25, 2000
If you are looking for extra DPC members to get blocks from PhF, I will be happy to apply (at jake@dsv.nl) ;)
(I just hope the Phantom Flusher reads this thread)

ccalvert

Oct 9, 1999
A problem like this is almost enought to make one happy about deplorably low stats like mine. ;)

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Make that a rate of about 3,000 gift blocks a day now. That's triple what I can do with my machines.

Michael

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I feel like the Jefferson's....."Movin' on up!!". I am going to add some servers to my herd, and with our very generous benefactor Mr. PhF, I just might join the BIG BOYS in the top 100 on a daily basis....#747 yesterday and climbing...:)

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ok this is getting really weird. Either this guy/gal works a IBM or micro$oft to get that kinda power behind these totals. :D

Wolf

Beefcake

Oct 9, 1999
At first I thought it could be Anand helping certain people out, but then surely he doesnt have this many machines in his labs to crack with? and why not give all the blocks to himself?!? so I guess it cant be him... BUT WHO IS IT? argh.. I wanna know!

Onno

May 4, 2000
Well, it looks like the PhF has started flushing for a second DPC: eNeRGy... On the 20th he posted this here:

<< I just want to let you know I am a frequent visitor of this forum... am I qualified to get phantom blocks now too ??? >>

and from the 21th on he started to get extra blocks...
Looks like asking for blocks does work... :)

Phantom Flusher, I really don't mind getting some blocks myself too! :D

(o_molenkamp@hotmail.com)

eNeRGy

Mar 31, 2000
Onno: are you that desperate :) ?

But anyway, KifArU tought he could pass me today, but thanks to the PhF to make it another day :)

Greetinx [eNeRGy]

LeBlatt

Golden Member
Dec 8, 1999
Message to PhF : give my blocks to aberant ! ;)
I'll catch back Osmo on my own (hey, I did actually catch a lot already... 26K friday, 8K yesterday, moooo !)

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
OK, so what do we have on the flusher?

You ask (in this forum) and you get.
You don't ask and you don't get (the PhF has respect for the individual).
The PhF likes to help DPC's as much as AT.
A Trojan can't be steered except from a pProxy.
The blocks are legit so they must be downloaded from dnet.
It can't be hard for dnet to backtrack to a proxy thats loading to a specific account.
Sneakernetting large herds is not hard for the ept.
The blocks are not going through Mika's?

The PhF gave the Dutch 6 goals against Yugoslavia (modest speculation).

Somebody must be able to join the dots?

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Except I never asked for any blocks nor did I post on this thread until after I started receiving blocks.

Michael

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
A number of the original &quot;targets&quot; of PhF didn't ask for blocks. I know I didn't ask for any, but yet I am getting them.

Scorpion

Oct 10, 1999
Now he's taking requests? Hehe... I don't know if I should request his help or not. It would be cool I suppose and I don't mind a boost. :)

Ok, add me to the list. I want to see if my post here will really cause my keyrate to go up.
hershbj@okstate.edu
I just want to know that this person is legit.

ItsmeDPC

May 11, 2000
At first I hoped it was Hank Dietz and his KLAT 2, but well it's more than he could handle right now. So... (Read beneath the line fo more info)

Well as far as I can tell there are more than 16 of you guys recieving up to 23k. My calculator (Win98SE if there's a mistake mail Bill ;)) Says that's about 368k.
I'm doing about 470/day on a P3-550, so 368k is about 783 P3-550's.
I can't think of anyone with such power unless we're talking _BIG_ companies.

What comes to mind are: MicroSoft, General Electric, AMD, INTEL, Shell, Banks (different kinds of money-well-you-know...) of other quite large companies. I could be o-so-wrong though and that worries me.

And to top it all off: If these blocks are legit, I would like to recieve some on this adress: dutch_power_cows@hotmail.com
Please do so (just like 50 or so) to let us know that they are indeed legit.

Thanks Ph F and all TA members.

Carrot44

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have been watching this for a while really interesting....... If somebody is doing this why???????? And I am down at the bottom forgot to turn the little Cow on :eek:

Mad Pierre

Oct 10, 1999
Is it me or is the PhF getting e-mails off mika page 1, or is that he-she's looking at the forums and helping use out

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Is it just a coincidence that The Tortoise hasn't been submitting blocks lately? And whatever happened to the guy behind &quot;The Rabbit&quot; anyway? I've never seen anybody get this kind of production without a trojan, so that's my guess.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
It looks like the Tortise is just having a slow day(probably because of the weekend). As for the Rabbit, he was using Trojans, and was appropiately kicked. And as for the PhF's blocks being Trojan, that's unlikely. Dnet's pretty much thrown that idea out the window.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The Tortoise actually hasn't submitted any blocks at all since the 22nd. But, PhF appeared long before that.

Russ, NCNE