The Official Republican voter suppression/election fraud thread

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let's have on place to post all the attempts by Republicans to suppress the vote. I've already seen a few major cases. Put them here as you find

Suppression

Various acts of suppression

Voter intimidation

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think that's kinda deceptive, clumping a wide range of responses into simple bar graphs.

1601664404921.png

I'd like to see it as a shaded bar graph.

Reactions: woolfe9998

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Mods, any chance we can merge with this thread if the OP agrees???

Widespread voter suppression thread

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Mods, any chance we can merge with this thread if the OP agrees???

Widespread voter suppression thread
I'm ok with it as long as OOP title is adjusted to "Republican voter suppression thread". Democrats don't do voter suppression. I just one place we keep track of Republican shenanigans

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'm ok with it as long as OOP title is adjusted to "Republican voter suppression thread". Democrats don't do voter suppression. I just one place we keep track of Republican shenanigans

I’m cool with that!

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Regarding abbotts proclamation an emergency lawsuit has been filed aimed at blocking it and I think on the surface likely to pass. They are arguing that it's a capricious order and it's too close to the election to do this sort of thing. The latter argument is pretty strong as left and right wing courts have kind of been sticking to this SCOTUS precedent. Likely abbotts order will be struck down.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Regarding abbotts proclamation an emergency lawsuit has been filed aimed at blocking it and I think on the surface likely to pass. They are arguing that it's a capricious order and it's too close to the election to do this sort of thing. The latter argument is pretty strong as left and right wing courts have kind of been sticking to this SCOTUS precedent. Likely abbotts order will be struck down.

Abbott is pitching bogus paranoia. Here in Denver, there are ballot drop boxes all over the place, even in parks-

Nobody messes with them. No tampering, no fraud, no nothing.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Robocall attempting to scare minority voters in Detroit. What we have is a widespread voter suppression problem

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

The GOP in Wisconsin is really a pile of crap. The Bucks and Brewers ownership agreed to open their facilities for early voting locations. In fact, if you recall this was part of the agreement when the Bucks and other NBA players walked out during the playoffs in the bubble - that the Fiserv forum would be a voting location. Now under the auspices of the GOP legally fighting the locations, the two will not be used. What a damned joke.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Are the finals happening now? Seems like a good time for another walk out.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Are the finals happening now? Seems like a good time for another walk out.

Well sadly, the Bucks got bounced by the Heat (who are in the finals).
It's just so pathetic.. The GOP does NOTHING to encourage voting except Trump tweeting telling people to vote twice. The GOP has nothing positive to sell. Nothing to actually benefit people and the whole of America.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Please merge with the Republican voter suppression thread if ok with OP. Trying to keep a single repository

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

The GOP in Wisconsin is really a pile of crap. The Bucks and Brewers ownership agreed to open their facilities for early voting locations. In fact, if you recall this was part of the agreement when the Bucks and other NBA players walked out during the playoffs in the bubble - that the Fiserv forum would be a voting location. Now under the auspices of the GOP legally fighting the locations, the two will not be used. What a damned joke.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Little follow up to this - didn't realize that Lambeau Field is also a voting location. So the GOP apparently only have an issue with Fiserv and Miller Park. Those are in the location where 70% of the the state's black population resides...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Little follow up to this - didn't realize that Lambeau Field is also a voting location. So the GOP apparently only have an issue with Fiserv and Miller Park. Those are in the location where 70% of the the state's black population resides...
Republicans have a hard time hiding the fact they don't want those nigbys voting