The official ATOT Fast Food discussion thread

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All these "fancy" new chicken sandwiches when the classic McChicken still rules them all,
Also, screw CFA.

funny-wendys-twitter-roasts-mcrefund.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kaido

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Culver's always has better fries than McDonald's, at McD's you've got probably a 20% chance of getting good fries.

Reactions: feralkid

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I RARELY eat FF, let alone McDs. But their Coke and their fries can not be beat. And if I'm going slumming and eating FF, I'm going to find the skankiest, sluttiest girl on the block.

Curly Fries from JiTB bitch slap MCD's fries all over the place. If I lived in a place where the best available fast food fries were McDonald's, I'd move.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Curly Fries from JiTB bitch slap MCD's fries all over the place. If I lived in a place where the best available fast food fries were McDonald's, I'd move.
Hm, I haven't tried their curly fries yet. Their regular fries are pretty meh, better than BK or Wendy's, but that's probably as far as I'd go.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Hm, I haven't tried their curly fries yet. Their regular fries are pretty meh, better than BK or Wendy's, but that's probably as far as I'd go.

BK in general sucks to me, but their fries are awful even compared to the rest of their food which is pretty terrible. JiTB it's about curly fries and the bacon cheddar potato wedges.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
BK in general sucks to me, but their fries are awful even compared to the rest of their food which is pretty terrible. JiTB it's about curly fries and the bacon cheddar potato wedges.
BK fries USED to be good, but they re-tooled them in the mid-2000s to try and make them more like McDonald's, failed, tried again a few years later, and made them even worse. Same deal with their old chicken "tenders" that I liked, tried to copy McD's and ruined what used to be a good menu item.
The new Ch'King is good, and I've heard they re-vamped the Whopper and improved it, but I haven't tried once since then.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Hardee's curly fries are very solid too.
McD's fries are awesome in that "so shitty it's great" way.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't think I've had curly fries from Hardee's either, LOL.
Curiously, there's only one Carl's Jr in the Seattle area.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Hardee's curly fries are very solid too.
McD's fries are awesome in that "so shitty it's great" way.
McD fries are not shitty. It’s best fast food fries. People are entitled to their wrong opinions but no sane person can deny McD fries are really good.

In-N-Out fries are shitty. Nothing will change that. Besides McD fries, I like Arby’s curly fries, Popeye’s fries, and Checkers battered fries although I haven’t eaten at Checkers in over a decade so I don’t know if their fries are still the same. CFA waffle fries are great too but it’s different experience.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I RARELY eat FF, let alone McDs. But their Coke and their fries can not be beat. And if I'm going slumming and eating FF, I'm going to find the skankiest, sluttiest girl on the block.
Umm, I'm not sure how long its been for you, but recently McDonalds changed their french fry recipe and yes, it can easily be beat. By just about everyone.
And they even changed how they mix their Coke too, and it sucks ass. Inferior to just about everyone else. I hate it.

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
I recently learned that there are 2 CFA locations in Canada, both in Toronto, there's also another coming in Waterloo. One of the locations isn't far from me, but not very convenient either, I doubt I'll go any time soon, not that curious about chicken sandwiches to be honest...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Finally remembered to stop by the Japanese grocery store to pick up some Japanese mayo. Definitely a more intense flavor. Can't wait to do an egg salad sandwich with this stuff

684c0936114b94e9ff9eb1eac93712dc.jpg

Reactions: Kaido

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Finally remembered to stop by the Japanese grocery store to pick up some Japanese mayo. Definitely a more intense flavor. Can't wait to do an egg salad sandwich with this stuff

684c0936114b94e9ff9eb1eac93712dc.jpg
I've seen that stuff in the H-Mart here and it weirds me out.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, but... bags of mayo? With a baby on them? Weird.

Mayo nasty AF anyway, so it's not like I'm gonna try it.
It's the secret behind why Japanese egg salad sandwiches are the best version. I was like why is Bourdain fawning over a Japanese convenience store egg sandwich?

I'm late to the game but now I'll be an egg salad baller

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Saw this at Costco and figured why not. Ingredients seemed ok. Actually pretty tasty if you need a quick snack in a jiffy.

coconutsquashdal-shadow.png

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
There's a few brands of bagged Indian shelf food, and I've been pleased with all of them. They're tasty and quick.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Split a BK Ch'King today - Good portion of food, the half sour pickles were an interesting touch. Bun had a good chew.

Overall 3.5/5. Solid fast food item.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
some motherfucker besmirched Bojangles in here just reecently.

Some motherfucker does not deserve life.

I will be back. Too much anger, for now.

I will be back to this thread.

fucking hell...biscuit-hating son-of a whore-motherfucker.....etc etc etc....mumble

Who the fuck says such nonsense? seriously? people that don't have tongues and throats?

fuck sakes. I'll fix that.

Reactions: stargazr

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
some motherfucker besmirched Bojangles in here just reecently.

Some motherfucker does not deserve life.

I will be back. Too much anger, for now.

I will be back to this thread.

fucking hell...biscuit-hating son-of a whore-motherfucker.....etc etc etc....mumble

Who the fuck says such nonsense? seriously? people that don't have tongues and throats?

fuck sakes. I'll fix that.
*shrugs

I wonder who would say such a thing.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trying to eat healthier so tried Sweetgreen recently. Have tried the chicken pesto salad and the Shroomami.

Both really delicious. Fast service. Everything was very fresh, flavorful, but a bit pricey. It's $13 and change plus tax per salad. But this certainly ain't no McDee's or Wendy's quality salad. It's legit.