The official ATOT Fast Food discussion thread

Page 57 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Kinda like the chicken equivalent of pork rinds?

Yup. Basically a Ruffles version of pork rinds, but made from chicken skin.

One bag did have enough salt to be pretty decent. The rest have been fairly bland. Plus a bit smelly.

Edit: My wife says the Flock chicken-skin chips smells like cat food

Last edited:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
I tried the new Sprite Ginger. It doesn't taste like Sprite, and it doesn't taste like Ginger Ale. It tastes like generic soda. Like just sweetened carbonated water. Basically a low-end store-brand soda. Like when you used to mix soda as a kid & it just came out tasting fizzy-sugary.

Disappointing.

2ginger.jpg

Reactions: JEDIYoda

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I tried the new Sprite Ginger. It doesn't taste like Sprite, and it doesn't taste like Ginger Ale. It tastes like generic soda. Like just sweetened carbonated water. Basically a low-end store-brand soda. Like when you used to mix soda as a kid & it just came out tasting fizzy-sugary.

Disappointing.

View attachment 17952

they put Red Squirrel in a can?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
they put Red Squirrel in a can?

ACc0Z4P.gif

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I tried the Sam's Choice Stuffed Crust 5 meat pizza from Walmart today. It was the last frozen pizza in the store. Now I know why. The sauce is not quite as zippy as Spaghettio sauce but still manages to make the only flavor in this pizza. There were green flecks that I originally thought might be basil, cilantro, or parsley but I now think are bag ties. Following the directions on the carton, I got a soggy mess. Cranking the oven to incinerate mode improved things a bit but I still can not recommend this pizza as a last meal before the pending apocalypse.

• Love
Reactions: TeeJay1952

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yes, I made the mistake of trying a couple Sam's Choice pizzas.
"How bad could it be?", I thought to myself.
I was not pleased with the answer. Even now, sometimes I walk by and think "hm, that looks like it could be good" but fortunately there's that little me inside my head slapping my thoughts and saying "NO! You'll find naught there but disappointment and shattered dreams!"

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I shouldnt talk shit.
I've been lucky, the Walmart near me hasnt been stripped bare other than brand name Macaroni and cheese.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Heh, the first thing I do if I order anything from TB that has rice or their nasty chipotle sauce is remove them.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dark chocolate covered walnuts in the Sprouts bulk bins are quite tasty.

They're not as good out of the bin so put your mouth on the spout for maximum pleasure.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Walmart store brand stuff sucks in general. I've been spoiled by the general high quality of store brands from the decent stores I go to. I figured walmart would be pretty close. I should have figured differently. I don't buy food items with walmart's name on it anymore.

I haven't been to walmart since everything got insane. It's not the most pleasant experience in the best of times, and I don't feel like dealing with them with the current clusterfuck.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Ventured out to Wendy's for breakfast today. Got a couple different sandwiches. They weren't bad, but they were very mediocre. Meh. The homefries had a pretty decent flavor tho, surprisingly.

I used the mobile app to order & then picked it up at the drive-through. It's different than say BK tho, where you can have them start preparing it before you get there...Wendy's doesn't make it until you physically get there & tell them your name, so it's really just a minor convenience feature for pre-selection & pre-pay. With BK or McDonalds, when you get in proximity they can get your order rolling for you so it's ready to go when you show up, which is nice.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Ventured out to Wendy's for breakfast today. Got a couple different sandwiches. They weren't bad, but they were very mediocre. Meh. The homefries had a pretty decent flavor tho, surprisingly.

I used the mobile app to order & then picked it up at the drive-through. It's different than say BK tho, where you can have them start preparing it before you get there...Wendy's doesn't make it until you physically get there & tell them your name, so it's really just a minor convenience feature for pre-selection & pre-pay. With BK or McDonalds, when you get in proximity they can get your order rolling for you so it's ready to go when you show up, which is nice.
which ones did you order?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
which ones did you order?

The regular with sausage & the "croissant" with bacon. Not bad, just meh. It's food.

I'll try the other ones, although I find most biscuits are pretty dry & aren't all that much fun to eat without sausage & gravy.