The official ATOT Fast Food discussion thread

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I tried a Screamin Silician frozen pizza today, the Holy Pepperoni variety:

http://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas/holy-pepperoni/

Hands-down the best frozen pizza I've ever had. Very salty, but surprisingly really delicious. I picked up some other flavors to try out next week. Ugly Delicious S1E1 got me back in the pizza-making mood!

Crust (Wheat Flour [Flour, Enzyme], Water, Breadcrumbs [Wheat Flour, Yeast, Sugar, Salt], Soybean Oil, Yeast, Salt, Unsalted Butter [Cream, Natural Flavors], Vital Wheat Gluten, Fermented Flour [Flour, Yeast], Sour Flavoring [Wheat Starch, Flour, Citric Acid, Acetic Acid, Vegetable Shortening {Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil & Cottonseed Oil}], Inactive Yeast, Lecithin, Encapsulated Baking Soda [Sodium Bicarbonate, Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Oil], Vinegar, Cultured Whey Solids [Cultured Whey, Wheat Flour], Dough Conditioner [Wheat Flour, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes])

Cheeses (Low Moisture Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes], Parmesan and Romano Cheese Blend [Both made from Cow's Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes]),

Sauce (Tomatoes, Garlic, Sugar, Salt, Oregano, Spices),

Pepperoni (Pork, Beef, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Oleoresin of Paprika, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid). Contains milk, soy, wheat.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Fresh meat. For the "whatever one" we usually get the maple bacon w/ crispy chicken on an artisan roll. Also not bad for what it is.

I got a quarter-pounder today, the meat was actually a lot better than the Big Mac (thicker!). I also realized what I hate about McDonalds...their ketchup is awful! Ruined the whole sandwich for me. I didn't realize how much the flavor is affected by their ketchup. It's way too overpowering & I don't like the flavor at all. I'll have to try one again & have them hold the ketchup & then try out some Heinz on it & THEN make a judgement call on it. Bleargh!

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Bought some Fire Cider vinegar tonic today...

https://firecider.com/

Spendy. It was $11 for an 8oz bottle, but it's pretty good. It's supposed to be good for health I guess, but my health is already pretty good. I don't really get sick anymore. I may get it again, but more likely I'll try making it myself with raw vinegar. Why? I dunno. It's just an interesting thing to take a shot of.

When I go to wegmans, I like getting something interesting I wouldn't otherwise buy. I'm pretty happy with today's choice.

edit:
For kicks I looked up "raw cider", so read about health benefits. Why do people have to be so full of shit? I hate looking up health and nutrition on the web. It's 90% religious horseshit, backed up with folklore, and uneducated assumptions, with just enough science sprinkled in to make it sound believable. Con artists and retards... If I cared enough, I'd try searching proper journals, but that's more work than I want to put in it.

Last edited:

stargazr

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2010
Tried Freddy's Steakburgers last night. We got burger combos and they were awesome. The cheese was a little weird but the burgers are great.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

Hands-down the best frozen pizza I've ever had. Very salty, but surprisingly really delicious. I picked up some other flavors to try out next week. Ugly Delicious S1E1 got me back in the pizza-making mood!

I wonder if it would fit in our toaster oven, 12" max?

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Crust (Wheat Flour [Flour, Enzyme], Water, Breadcrumbs [Wheat Flour, Yeast, Sugar, Salt], Soybean Oil, Yeast, Salt, Unsalted Butter [Cream, Natural Flavors], Vital Wheat Gluten, Fermented Flour [Flour, Yeast], Sour Flavoring [Wheat Starch, Flour, Citric Acid, Acetic Acid, Vegetable Shortening {Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil & Cottonseed Oil}], Inactive Yeast, Lecithin, Encapsulated Baking Soda [Sodium Bicarbonate, Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Oil], Vinegar, Cultured Whey Solids [Cultured Whey, Wheat Flour], Dough Conditioner [Wheat Flour, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes])

Cheeses (Low Moisture Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes], Parmesan and Romano Cheese Blend [Both made from Cow's Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes]),

Sauce (Tomatoes, Garlic, Sugar, Salt, Oregano, Spices),

Pepperoni (Pork, Beef, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Oleoresin of Paprika, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid). Contains milk, soy, wheat.

Do you re-heat your frozen pizzas in the fancy Breville oven/toaster/air fryer thing? Second: does that more or less replace your need for a microwave?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Do you re-heat your frozen pizzas in the fancy Breville oven/toaster/air fryer thing? Second: does that more or less replace your need for a microwave?

Yes, it comes with a 13" pizza pan, which works great with frozen pizzas. Note that they have several Breville countertop oven models; the Air is the specific model. Does a fantastic job bread proofing & dehydrating as well (beef jerky, fruit rollups, leftover fruit, etc.). I am extremely pleased with mine:

https://www.brevilleusa.com/products/the-smart-oven-air?variant=33978168017

No, it does not replace a microwave. It's just a faster oven that makes things a bit more crispy. I'm not completely sold on the Air Fryer idea (I've had a couple in the past & ended up trading them out to friends), but as it's simply a turbo convection feature (vs. regular convection, aka just a fan, or none at all, aka just an oven), it does have its place. Air frying does work great for kid food (frozen chicken nuggets, fish sticks, fries, etc.).

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
I wonder if it would fit in our toaster oven, 12" max?

It's a 12" pie, so it should fit. Might have to trim with a knife.

I bought the other flavors yesterday. They are pretty good. Overly salty is on my only complaint, but it balances out if you have a salad & ice water or whatever. I am very impressed with the quality of the Wisconsin cheese. Also, this website hasn't been updated in over a year, but knowing you I know you'll enjoy reading through it!

https://frozenpizzareviews.wordpress.com

Note that this review is from 2014:

https://frozenpizzareviews.wordpres...ilian-pizza-co-holy-pepperoni/comment-page-1/

I don't really agree with the pricing complaint. The frozen pizza was $9.19 in my area, which is high for a frozen pie, but I liked it better than Domino's, and $9 is what I pay for a full meal at BK, so I get a whole 12" pizza instead of a Whopper, fries, and drink. Seems like a pretty fair deal for a quality frozen pizza, given that it doesn't taste like cardboard & gives me more food than the drive-thru.

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

I can't back you up on this one, I tried it twice and it was completely unimpressive to me.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Are there any frozen pizzas that you like?
Freschetta is numero uno.
I'll eat most frozen pizzas (from Totino's to Red Baron to Tombstone) depending on what's on sale.
I won't eat DiGiorno because the sauce is so appallingly lame, seems like it's the same sauce from Spaghetti-Os. Their "pizzeria" type at least adds some seasoning to the sauce, but the texture is still so thin and watery.

Reactions: Kaido

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
BF3V9eX.gif

Reactions: ElFenix

BadTrip

Sep 22, 2008

Hands-down the best frozen pizza I've ever had. Very salty, but surprisingly really delicious. I picked up some other flavors to try out next week. Ugly Delicious S1E1 got me back in the pizza-making mood!t.

The Spicy Clucker is the best that I have tried. Three Lil' Piggies is next.

Reactions: Kaido

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005

Hmmm... i n t e r e s t i n g. I have some on hand - for others. Just never tried one.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Girl Scout S'more cookies:

As soon as you open the box, it just smells like chemicals. If you've ever had strawberry Oreos, it's the same smell...just smells like fake artificial preservatives. Which I don't really understand on the Girl Scout cookies, because the ingredients list is actually pretty basic:
Graham flour, sugar, palm oil, wheat flour, cane sugar, cocoa, contains 2% or less of invert cane syrup, organic cornstarch, chocolate, molasses, salt, baking soda, organic vanilla extract, cocoa processed with alkali, soy lecithin, natural flavors, organic nonfat milk

Really, the only oddball thing is natural flavors, but it shouldn't be this potent of a smell. Aside from that, the cookies are meh. I've had other s'more-style cookies before that were way better. Do not recommend.

The Samoas are still awesome. Although now they are basically bite-size lol. I think the outside circumference shrunk & the inside circle has grown, haha. Someone on Reddit posted a picture of the 2013 vs. 2016 Samoa cookie: (because, the Internet)

zMNwoNf.jpg