The Official ATLHC (Anandtech Left-Handed Club)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You damn right, handle with care or you get shanked. Remember that @zinfamous , when you come to put us in cages, were a committed bunch, in more ways than one 😋

I'll just put a sign up on the cages:

"Free: Left-handed Boobies and Shot Glasses!"

It's not like we'll have to do any work while you demented lemmings scramble towards your doom. :D

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Greetings fellow lefty Chads.

I'm a lefty except I use scissors with right hand, bat right, and shoot guns right. Oh and play guitar right but that's only cause my dad didn't want to buy me a left handed guitar so I could use his for lessons and learned right handed lol.

So I still consider myself lefty. I remember one year for I think my birthday I got a book from someone that was titled "The Natural Superiority of the Left Hander." Haha it was great.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'll just put a sign up on the cages:

"Free: Left-handed Boobies and Shot Glasses!"

It's not like we'll have to do any work while you demented lemmings scramble towards your doom. :D

You could probably get more pull if you just advertise "left handed notepads", I hate how they're all laid out for righties

Feb 4, 2009

I'm a lefty except I use scissors with right hand, bat right, and shoot guns right. Oh and play guitar right but that's only cause my dad didn't want to buy me a left handed guitar so I could use his for lessons and learned right handed lol.

So I still consider myself lefty. I remember one year for I think my birthday I got a book from someone that was titled "The Natural Superiority of the Left Hander." Haha it was great.

If only you learned to play that guitar upside down......you’d be Hendrix 2.0

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Yep, you just adapt. I was a lefty scissor user by comfort, but since I could never find a lefty pair I had to use righties, and that's how it is.

I remember being in 1st grade and spending about a week of after school time deciding which hand I would right with. The left just felt natural.

But guitar and uke always felt good right. I think it's because the left hand feels better on the fret board

Reactions: clamum

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Yep, you just adapt. I was a lefty scissor user by comfort, but since I could never find a lefty pair I had to use righties, and that's how it is.

I remember being in 1st grade and spending about a week of after school time deciding which hand I would right with. The left just felt natural.

But guitar and uke always felt good right. I think it's because the left hand feels better on the fret board

Yeah I don't remember about scissors, I must've just adapted with right hand like you said.

The guitar I did pick up and start "playing" left but I didn't know what I was doing haha, cause I was holding it left with the strings upside down.

But actually it's probably for the best I play right because I'd think my left hand is a bit more dexterous and strong than my right so I'd think it's better that it's on the fretboard.

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I don't remember about scissors, I must've just adapted with right hand like you said.

The guitar I did pick up and start "playing" left but I didn't know what I was doing haha, cause I was holding it left with the strings upside down.

But actually it's probably for the best I play right because I'd think my left hand is a bit more dexterous and strong than my right so I'd think it's better that it's on the fretboard.

Growing up left handed scissors kind of sucked, they were dull and made for kids. I gave up trying to find them and just adapted. Those old school can openers really sucked.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
still haunts to me to this day when i saw a classmate hold a pencil in his left hand
LOL!
In high school tennis, my doubles partner was often another big left-handed guy. I remember this match one year, the other guys looked at us as we were warming up and you could see this sickening realization that we were both left handed. They had a little convo about it, and you could see they were shook up, having never played against lefties.
We were probably a little better, but the match was lopsided as hell. I remember just charging the net after a while and pelting them with smashes.

Nov 20, 2009
still haunts to me to this day when i saw a classmate hold a pencil in his left hand
I forgot to add to this ... I would imagine it was like one of those creepy 1980's Stephen King movies. Did the kid talk or act funny, too? redrum

Feb 4, 2009
Hello superior beings, we had a good meeting earlier.
Now let’s talk about the heretics that want to inject Covid vaccination into your left arm.
God damn barbarians. Vaccination clinic was set up so left arm would be done. I proudly sat backwards.

Reactions: brianmanahan

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Hello superior beings, we had a good meeting earlier.
Now let’s talk about the heretics that want to inject Covid vaccination into your left arm.
God damn barbarians. Vaccination clinic was set up so left arm would be done. I proudly sat backwards.

i've never cared which arm i get shots or blood tests done in. i usually tell em to take their pick.

had so many blood tests over the years that both inner elbows (elbow pits?) look like they have track marks

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
i've never cared which arm i get shots or blood tests done in. i usually tell em to take their pick.

had so many blood tests over the years that both inner elbows (elbow pits?) look like they have track marks

I always tell them to jab it straight in the neck.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Obviously the only thing that anyone is curious about is which hand you fap with.

Sorry so late to this thread. About that fapping issue, I know some guys who commit fapping adultery by using the other hand just to make the regular one jealous.

Back to the topic at hand, both myself and my kid brother are southpaw/somewhat ambidextrous due to the necessities of living in a right handed world.

There is one peculiar thing I've noticed about left handed folks though and it's the fact that every one of us are really good looking, just ask our mothers for proof.