The Official ATLHC (Anandtech Left-Handed Club)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am left handed but trained to use my right hand. So I write and hold chopsticks with my right hand. I play tennis with my left hand but table tennis with my right hand.
I cannot play baseball cuz I catch and throw with the same hand.
It's pretty messed up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just remember...
The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so only lefthanders can claim to be in their right mind.

Leftie and proud of it.

This is one of those self-empowerment chants that they teach you when you are young, in order to live in and survive in the world, right?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Really? Who is curious about that?
AfraidUniqueAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

as for me, I'm amphibious!

I have to link this, for those that don't know, because it explains the type of education that I received! dang, it's not in that clip, but this is the origin of where confusing ambidextrous with amphibious comes from....

Reactions: Fenixgoon

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
This is one of those self-empowerment chants that they teach you when you are young, in order to live in and survive in the world, right?

Just a fact. Live with it - hard as that might be. ;)

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
there is also eye dominance. even though i am not fully left handed, i am left eye dominant.

Yep, I'm right eye dominant, shoot firearms righty

According to this website, I'm a left handed archer

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
As a left handed manlet, I can tell ya we usually surprise. My anecdotal xp with myself and the other lefties I know is that we are obsessive, determined, bossy, and hold grudges forever. I don't know any lazy lefties. If we don't know something, we either go find out everything we can about it, or just don't care until it matters, and then go find out everything about it anyways!

I also dont know any full time lefties. There's usually stuff they do with the right hand or ambidextrously.

I know quite a few right handers that are no good at anything with the left side.

I definitely have a few grudges lol

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I also dont know any full time lefties. There's usually stuff they do with the right hand or ambidextrously.

my grandpa is LH and switches his mouse back and forth between hands. but he doesn't remap the left click and right click.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
How about those of us who are right handed and left footed?

Goofy footers unite!

Feb 4, 2009
I’m right handed on mouse because.
A) early jobs only offered right handed mice
B) it is nearly impossible to find a decent left handed mouse.