The NRA’s internal revolt over Philando Castile

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Has it been confirmed that he actually had his permit to carry? I mean, other than his girlfriend in the video? As far as I know lists of permit to carry holders is private info, and it won't be confirmed until after the investigation.

I think this is an important fact that is getting overlooked.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
The NRA rushed to mourn dead Dallas PD officers, but has been silent on the death of a licensed gun owner at the hands of police.

Huh? There are reports of there being a gun on his lap and not concealed. There are seemingly questions as to whether he had a CPL even.

All I can tell you is that Castile said he was armed (seems to be something agreed upon) and that he claimed to have a CPL. We don't know much beyond that. I reserve judgement on that shooting until I see more facts. I expect the NRA to do so as well.

Has it been confirmed that he actually had his permit to carry? I mean, other than his girlfriend in the video? As far as I know lists of permit to carry holders is private info, and it won't be confirmed until after the investigation.

I think this is an important fact that is getting overlooked.

Only thing I've seen is a Minnesota sheriff saying that the CPL had not been issued by that office specifically - no confirmation that he had a CPL. Something Minnesota police and/or the FBI can answer.

tracerbullet

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
Local news has said several times they've confirmed he had a permit issued by Robbinsdale, a nearby city within the metro area in which he apparently used to live. Sure you can't say it's 100% certain he had it, but I'm doubting they are going to say they've confirmed it without having actually done so. Even if it wasn't legally given information.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I don't see why it would matter if he did or didn't relative to the cops actions. The cop didn't even give him time to show ID before blasting him.