The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Iron Woode:

You bring up the words: empirical, proof, verified, experimentation, in your definition of what is evidence.

You are one research case of using words which you yourself do not have any inkling at all as to their meanings, that is no way to define words, in particular the word evidence.

Try again, first reword your definition of evidence so as to produce a clear concise simple language draft, by which you will not get yourself all enchained in highfalutin vocabulary which exposes you to be totally lost altogether.

Here are my definition of evidence and yours erstwhile definition:

• From Marius
    Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

From Iron Woode
    Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

Yesterday at 12:36 PM #496
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Marius Dejess said:
Dear readers and all honest intelligent productive posters here, let us all work as to arrive at a communally agreed on concept of what is evidence, and that concept must apply in all instances where evidence is invoked to prove the existence of something.

Now, in addition, let no one who has some stock knowledge and information for being a literate educated human being i.e. a homo sapiens, search in dictionaries, for that is already evidence to his ignorance of what is evidence.

Wherefore: here are two proposed concepts of evidence:

From Marius

Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

From Iron Woode

Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

Don't you all notice that with my definition of evidence, there is no word which any literate educated person has to know the meaning of, whereas with the definition of Iron Woode, the following words might make the readers ask themselves the meanings of: empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

So, on that consideration I submit my definition of evidence is simpler, easier, and quicker to comprehend than that of Iron Woode.

If anyone does not agree with me, then let him just point out to every reader and every honest intelligent productive poster here, what words they meet in my definition which they have no idea what these words mean.

empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

these words are too confusing to the God-bot. They require logical thinking rather than pieced-together, meaningless philosophical gibberish.

======================
Rig: Ryzen R5 3600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600, Asus Prime X570-P, Kingston A2000 1TB Nvme, Zotac GTX 1070 TI AMP!, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Ya know, you guys should show your love of the almighty by writing a poem about them in the Coolcoin poetry slam contest. The winner can earn credits towards a Space Kitty t-shirt, ya know.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Why is this even being talked about? The reality is no one knows if an afterlife exists or not. If you were to talk to the Lakota Sioux they believed in spirits. If you were to talk to the Indians from India they belive in Hinduism, and an elephant with 8 arms. It's a fact that where you live has a direct impact on your beliefs. I live in NJ. In my little area, Catholism is the main religion. But, if I were to travel to the mid west it would be Christanity. I'd also be told that i'm going to hell because I pray thru a priest, and I worship Mary and not God himself. I don't practice Catholishm anyway .But, you get the point. There are over 4200 religions practiced worldwide. What makes your religion the correct one. Don't bring up the bible. There are so many falsehoods. Should I practice incest and have slaves? That and so much more evil shit is condoned in the bible. Ephesians 6:5-8 Paul states, “Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ” which is Paul instructing slaves to obey their master. Similar statements regarding obedient slaves can be found in Colossians 3:22-24, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, and Titus 2:9-10.

You can't prove if god exist anymore than I can prove that god doesn't exist. If you look at the bible you'll see a book that was written by white men, and how it was used to take over nations. How the bible was used to kill native Americans. Oh, just ask the natives. You can't, because 99% of those natives were all wiped out by Europeans who all did so because they were all looked as savages. There God said it was OK to take their lands. And, to murder, rape and enslave indigious peoples. Manifest destinity.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear everyone, here are two definitions of evidence:

• From Marius

From Iron Woode

I am still challenging Iron Woode to give me without running to dictionaries for his information i.e. definitions on the following words: empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

When a homo sapiens uses words in his communication and then has to run to dictionaries when he is asked to work with me as to concur on meanings of words he uses, that is itself evidence to his deficiency in knowledge of words and their meanings - which words he however uses in his communication, that is a very sad intellectual situation with such a human.

Addendum: Addressing folks here who feel themselves insulted when I mention intelligence, please go away.

You are not qualified to act the gentleman intellectual in an online forum.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Mai72:

I must sincerely commend you for your patience and your command of stock knowledge and information in re God and religion, as to share with us your view on the OP, which is about:

I will just take this one line from your message cited below:
  • There are over 4200 religions practiced worldwide. What makes your religion the correct one.

I am not into religion but into God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Is there a distinction between God and religion?

Certainly, there is, because man can get along without religion, but not without God.

We need God for the complete picture of the reality of existence.

At this point of my post, I have to admit that for myself I see religion to be an invention of really very smart humans, though with the best of say 'holy' intentions, but God is discovered by humans who can and do come to the existence of God, through thinking in his mind on what I call the complete picture of the reality of existence.

That is why I am into inviting other fellow humans i.e. members of the tribe homo sapiens, for us to work as to concur on how to best discover more and more the reality of God, starting with the concept of God, namely, as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Why is this even being talked about? The reality is no one knows if an afterlife exists or not. If you were to talk to the Lakota Sioux they believed in spirits. If you were to talk to the Indians from India they belive in Hinduism, and an elephant with 8 arms. It's a fact that where you live has a direct impact on your beliefs. I live in NJ. In my little area, Catholism is the main religion. But, if I were to travel to the mid west it would be Christanity. I'd also be told that i'm going to hell because I pray thru a priest, and I worship Mary and not God himself. I don't practice Catholishm anyway .But, you get the point. There are over 4200 religions practiced worldwide. What makes your religion the correct one. Don't bring up the bible. There are so many falsehoods. Should I practice incest and have slaves? That and so much more evil shit is condoned in the bible. Ephesians 6:5-8 Paul states, “Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ” which is Paul instructing slaves to obey their master. Similar statements regarding obedient slaves can be found in Colossians 3:22-24, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, and Titus 2:9-10.

You can't prove if god exist anymore than I can prove that god doesn't exist. If you look at the bible you'll see a book that was written by white men, and how it was used to take over nations. How the bible was used to kill native Americans. Oh, just ask the natives. You can't, because 99% of those natives were all wiped out by Europeans who all did so because they were all looked as savages. There God said it was OK to take their lands. And, to murder, rape and enslave indigious peoples. Manifest destinity.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear zinfamous:

You say:
"If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists."

You could be a founder of religion, for religion is to its core all about God being the punisher of man for good deeds and rewarder of man for bad deeds.

That makes you a smart guy inventor of religion, and the 'handler' of God, the punisher and rewarder of man for respectively his bad deeds and his good deeds.

And as handler of God you are the spokesman of God, and also most important you tell your followers what is the will of God and how He will deal with humans to punish them or to reward them.

My concept of God is however neutral about God's role in authoring man's morality and enforcer thereof and also judge and executor.

For myself, God is in concept the creator of man and the universe and everything with a beginning - and He endows man with free will, but mankind will have to determine by themselves what is good and what is bad.

If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
[This is a reproduction of a comment I put in another website where readers can contribute their ideas.]

I was just strolling in the internet and came upon this webpage:
https://www.closertotruth.com/series/why-there-anything-all-part-5

It is inviting anyone at all to contribute comments to the question, namely:

Why is there anything at all?

So I contributed this text, and it came out right away, not even with the caveat* that my short piece would appear upon approval (by the powers that be in charge of 'censorship').

1 comment

MariusDejess • 16 hours ago

• 1. Why is there anything at all?

2. What do you say, dear readers, is this an acceptable answer from me, Marius? My answer follows...

3. Namely: First, I am one example of anything at all.

4. So, I am entitled to ask myself and all readers who are reading me now,

5. The question, Why am I here at all? Instead of Why is there anything at all?

6. I am here at all because Ultimately some entity puts me here, is that comprehensible to us all?

7. It is comprehensible to myself, what about you, my readers?

8. It is comprehensible to me, because I didn't put myself here.

9. And though my parents put me here,

10, They also themselves are asking Ultimately Why are they here at all.

11. At this point of my exposition, I submit that the question

12. Here should not be Why is there something at all,

13. But Why am I here at all?

Let me read your reactions, dear readers.

*caveat = best English translation, caution.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Look man you can't that's just the way it is. Don't feel bad you're not the only one, nobody can but that is ok because this makes our faith in Him even stronger.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers and my opponents here and atheists:

This is not my post for today, but I want you to point out to me some grievous error in my written words yesterday, those words wrongly positioned in the line of the text where they are embedded make God punish the good and reward the bad.

Here is the full reproduction of the post yesterday (in the quote below), read it carefully, and anyone finding the error, let you present the line of wrongly positioned words in your posts of reply to this message.

I will reward you with my sentiment of admiration for your mental prowess of sharp attention to the order and/or disorder whereon words are presented by their writer or speaker.

This challenge is nothing compared to finding a needle in a haystack.

Happy and productive hunting.

From Marius Saturday at 2:16 AM #510
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear zinfamous:

You say:
  • "If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists."

You could be a founder of religion, for religion is to its core all about God being the punisher of man for good deeds and rewarder of man for bad deeds.

That makes you a smart guy inventor of religion, and the 'handler' of God, the punisher and rewarder of man for respectively his bad deeds and his good deeds.

And as handler of God you are the spokesman of God, and also most important you tell your followers what is the will of God and how He will deal with humans to punish them or to reward them.

My concept of God is however neutral about God's role in authoring man's morality and enforcer thereof and also judge and executor.

For myself, God is in concept the creator of man and the universe and everything with a beginning - and He endows man with free will, but mankind will have to determine by themselves what is good and what is bad.

• zinfamous said:
    If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Dear zinfamous:

You say:
"If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists."

stfu

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

This is not my post for today, but I want you to point out to me some grievous error in my written words yesterday, those words wrongly positioned in the line of the text where they are embedded make God punish the good and reward the bad.

Here is the full reproduction of the post yesterday (in the quote below), read it carefully, and anyone finding the error, let you present the line of wrongly positioned words in your posts of reply to this message.

I will reward you with my sentiment of admiration for your mental prowess of sharp attention to the order and/or disorder whereon words are presented by their writer or speaker.

we're not your opponents. We just don't give a shit about what you post.

Reactions: WelshBloke

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear my readers and my opponents here and atheists:

I say 'my opponents here' because we are like in a contest but not a war, so let you and me act and conduct ourselves like gentlemen sportsmen, okay?

So, yesterday I was just curious to see whether you guys here have a good talent of natural curiosity, but alas, no, you guys have no curiosity - sad, very sad, even cats have curiosity, but not you, my opponents here.

You guys have suppressed so much of your nature-endowed instincts, one most crucially important of course is curiosity, so how can you ever invent something at all, as the saying goes, "Curiosity is the mother of invention."

Hey! You guys ain't got no mother?!

Okay, here is the line of words from me which were not correcty positioned, I did not also notice at all until yesterday when I read the concerned post from me again.

Take notice of the line in the quote below, in italic and bold with the wrongly placed words underlined.

ANNEX
Marius posted Yesterday at 12:47 PM #516
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Marius Dejess said:
    From Marius Saturday at 2:16 AM #510
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Dear zinfamous:

You say:

• zinfamous said:
      If the white house and top GOP senate leaders all go down in the next two weeks due to Covid, I will consider that the first piece of decent evidence, in the entirety of recorded human history, that a higher power, or at least some nebulous energy source of good and bad will like Karma, exists."

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I say 'my opponents here' because we are like in a contest but not a war, so let you and me act and conduct ourselves like gentlemen sportsmen, okay?

there is no contest or a war. no one here cares about you or your god issues.

start a topic that doesn't insult everyone's intelligence.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

So, yesterday I was just curious to see whether you guys here have a good talent of natural curiosity, but alas, no, you guys have no curiosity - sad, very sad, even cats have curiosity, but not you, my opponents here.

You guys have suppressed so much of your nature-endowed instincts, one most crucially important of course is curiosity, so how can you ever invent something at all, as the saying goes, "Curiosity is the mother of invention."

Hey! You guys ain't got no mother?!

Okay, here is the line of words from me which were not correcty positioned, I did not also notice at all until yesterday when I read the concerned post from me again.

Take notice of the line in the quote below, in italic and bold with the wrongly placed words underlined.

ANNEX
Be silent, you son of a motherless goat!

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Iron Woode:

You tell me:
  • start a topic that doesn't insult everyone's intelligence.

Now, I truly love to invite you and me to work as to concur on what we should agree on with these two words in your text above addressed to me, namely: insult, intelligence, the meanings of them two words.

Just consult your if any stock knowledge and information, as you are a literate and educated homo sapiens, no taking haste to read up in dictionaries.

What do you say, I tell you insult is like beauty, whereas it is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,* I will submit that insult is in the skin of overly vulnerable persons, i.e. extremely touchy folks.

ANNEX
Iron Woode posted Today at 4:57 AM #522
- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Marius Dejess said:

there is no contest or a war. no one here cares about you or your god issues.

start a topic that doesn't insult everyone's intelligence.

=====================
Rig: Ryzen R5 3600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600, Asus Prime X570-P, Kingston A2000 1TB Nvme, Zotac GTX 1070 TI AMP!, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650

beauty is in the eye of the beholder -

proverb
beauty cannot be judged objectively, for what one person finds beautiful or admirable may not appeal to another.

Definitions from Oxford Languages