The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dear ch33zw1z:

You say, "Cool, prove God exists with tangible data that can be recreated over and over again."

By data you mean evidence.

What about that babies and roses are appearing again and again in every neighborhood, they are evidence to the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

No, by data I mean data that God himself or herself exists. You're providing examples found in the world around you, that you attribute to a creator. Where, those same examples, are also explained by science. Again, this is faith (that gut feeling) creating a belief without the data to support it. IMO, you're entitled to this, you're not entitled to force it on others, or tell them their wrong until you can prove without a doubt you're right, with tangible data.

Reactions: sandorski

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Bad, bad ch33zw1z!
Oh, wicked, bad, naughty ch33zw1z!
There is but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon engaging with the nearly-plausibly-sentient-godbot! You must tie it down on a bed and spank it post the Eris Pads Her Chest video, or failing that, a King Crimson video!

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear ch33zw1z:

I see that you are not accustomed to precision thinking at all.

Take the word evidence or what you call tangible data, show me that you know what is evidence, by giving me at least two examples of evidence, and most important what the examples are evidence to.

Dear readers, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness any instance of precision thinking with ch33zw1z.

ch33zw1z Yesterday at 9:11 PM #477
- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Marius Dejess said:

Dear ch33zw1z:

You say, "Cool, prove God exists with tangible data that can be recreated over and over again."

By data you mean evidence.

What about that babies and roses are appearing again and again in every neighborhood, they are evidence to the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

No, by data I mean data that God himself or herself exists. You're providing examples found in the world around you, that you attribute to a creator. Where, those same examples, are also explained by science. Again, this is faith (that gut feeling) creating a belief without the data to support it. IMO, you're entitled to this, you're not entitled to force it on others, or tell them their wrong until you can prove without a doubt you're right, with tangible data.

=================
Processed Cheese Ambassador to the Amused Fsck Off and Die Club

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Here is my concept of what is evidence, this concept of evidence applies to all instances where mankind seeks evidence to prove the existence of something in the world of mankind's interactions on rights and obligations among themselves, or in science and in particular physics, but above all in the transcendental realm of God exists or not:

Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Iron Woode:

Thanks, first of all, that you recognize me to be not any bot, now to the business of us two concurring on a mutually agreed on concept on what is evidence.

I say:
Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

You say:
Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

Dear readers, I ask you, according to your honest intelligent productive examination, which concept of evidence is simpler, easier, and quicker to comprehend and that correctly, mine or Iron Woode's?

Today at 12:17 AM #484 from Iron Woode

• Marius Dejess said:

that's just God-bot gibberish.

Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

======================
Rig: Ryzen R5 3600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600, Asus Prime X570-P, Kingston A2000 1TB Nvme, Zotac GTX 1070 TI AMP!, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Dear readers, I ask you, according to your honest intelligent productive examination, which concept of evidence is simpler, easier, and quicker to comprehend and that correctly, mine or Iron Woode's?
TBF, I don't actually think you're a bot, but I do think you're a piece of shit and really wish you'd straight up fuck off forever.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dear ch33zw1z:

I see that you are not accustomed to precision thinking at all.

Take the word evidence or what you call tangible data, show me that you know what is evidence, by giving me at least two examples of evidence, and most important what the examples are evidence to.

Dear readers, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness any instance of precision thinking with ch33zw1z.

Ya know, if you don't use the quote function, people don't get notified when you quote them.

Provide your evidence of the existence of a God, any God, doesn't even have to be yours. Show us that precision thinking.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
that's just God-bot gibberish.

Maybe this will help, as English is most likely not the primary language. Language barriers can be a nuisance, so here's what English primary speakers use for the definition:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Dear Iron Woode:

Thanks, first of all, that you recognize me to be not any bot, now to the business of us two concurring on a mutually agreed on concept on what is evidence.

I say:

You say:

His definition is correct, yours is wooly minded bollocks that doesn't mean anything.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dear Iron Woode:

I say:

You say:

"hey guys, which was makes you feel good and which ones provides actual proof", that's what your saying.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers and all honest intelligent productive posters here, let us all work as to arrive at a communally agreed on concept of what is evidence, and that concept must apply in all instances where evidence is invoked to prove the existence of something.

Now, in addition, let no one who has some stock knowledge and information for being a literate educated human being i.e. a homo sapiens, search in dictionaries, for that is already evidence to his ignorance of what is evidence.

Wherefore: here are two proposed concepts of evidence:

From Marius
  • Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

From Iron Woode
  • Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

Don't you all notice that with my definition of evidence, there is no word which any literate educated person has to know the meaning of, whereas with the definition of Iron Woode, the following words might make the readers ask themselves the meanings of: empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

So, on that consideration I submit my definition of evidence is simpler, easier, and quicker to comprehend than that of Iron Woode.

If anyone does not agree with me, then let him just point out to every reader and every honest intelligent productive poster here, what words they meet in my definition which they have no idea what these words mean.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Dear readers and all honest intelligent productive posters here, let us all work as to arrive at a communally agreed on concept of what is evidence, and that concept must apply in all instances where evidence is invoked to prove the existence of something.

Now, in addition, let no one who has some stock knowledge and information for being a literate educated human being i.e. a homo sapiens, search in dictionaries, for that is already evidence to his ignorance of what is evidence.

From Marius
  • Evidence is anything at all existing which brings man to know another thing to be existing. (16 words)

From Iron Woode
  • Evidence is empirical proof of something that can be verified by repeatable experimentation.

Don't you all notice that with my definition of evidence, there is no word which any literate educated person has to know the meaning of, whereas with the definition of Iron Woode, the following words might make the readers ask themselves the meanings of: empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

So, on that consideration I submit my definition of evidence is simpler, easier, and quicker to comprehend than that of Iron Woode.

If anyone does not agree with me, then let him just point out to every reader and every honest intelligent productive poster here, what words they meet in my definition which they have no idea what these words mean.
empirical, proof, verified, experimentation.

these words are too confusing to the God-bot. They require logical thinking rather than pieced-together, meaningless philosophical gibberish.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

From Marius

From Iron Woode

There is something satisfying about this poster spending countless posts calling others low IQ anti-intellectuals then demanding others accept a definition of evidence because it's easier to understand. This is most religions to a T.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
There is something satisfying about this poster spending countless posts calling others low IQ anti-intellectuals then demanding others accept a definition of evidence because it's easier to understand. This is most religions to a T.

If at first you don't succeed, try and fry again.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Just because y'all know big words don't make you smart! If'n you were smart, you could explain it in small words!

(A statement I've actually heard someone say)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Sounds a lot like P&N every day!

:D

Just because y'all know big words don't make you smart! If'n you were smart, you could explain it in small words!

(A statement I've actually heard someone say)

Stupid is as stupid does? ;)

(actually a valid point)

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z