The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
It is very common for folks to talk with words when they have no or wrong concepts of the meanings of the crucial words they use.

On the other hand, without words we will not be able to most effectively and conveniently get to tell each other what we want to say to each other.

That is why for example in contract law it is indispensable for parties to the contract to make a list of words and their agreed on meanings.

Take the word sex, it used to mean whether a person was a male or a female, now there is the word gender.

Another word, relationship, it used to mean whether a person is connected to or with another person on consanguinity or affinity basis, now it means whether a person is living with another person and having sex acts between them.

That is why you and I have to be clear on what is the meaning of the word argument, for a lot of posters here use it to mean that they can put in a graphics of guys seemingly digging into the genital or anal i.e. rectum organ of another human or animal, and that for them is an argument for whatever they are arguing (for).

But above all, anyone here who cannot or will not think in all honesty and intelligence and with fruitfulness, as to give his definition of argument in his least number of words, let him not participate in this my thread here.

Here is again my definition of argument in just four words:

"Communication to prove something."

So we've gone from "needing to concur on how to prove god exists" to petty squabbling about what even an argument is.

PS: Eris pads her chest while a Googly-eyed BMF looks on.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Our first mistake was the "Hello World" program. There's a lot for a compiler to think about in that statement. We should have stuck to numerical manipulation, a simple closed logic system.

Reactions: Captante

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It is very common for folks to talk with words when they have no or wrong concepts of the meanings of the crucial words they use.

tumblr_p38fopo4881vkzuj9o1_400.gif

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
On the other hand, without words we will not be able to most effectively and conveniently get to tell each other what we want to say to each other.

That is why for example in contract law it is indispensable for parties to the contract to make a list of words and their agreed on meanings.

Take the word sex, it used to mean whether a person was a male or a female, now there is the word gender.

Another word, relationship, it used to mean whether a person is connected to or with another person on consanguinity or affinity basis, now it means whether a person is living with another person and having sex acts between them.

That is why you and I have to be clear on what is the meaning of the word argument, for a lot of posters here use it to mean that they can put in a graphics of guys seemingly digging into the genital or anal i.e. rectum organ of another human or animal, and that for them is an argument for whatever they are arguing (for).

But above all, anyone here who cannot or will not think in all honesty and intelligence and with fruitfulness, as to give his definition of argument in his least number of words, let him not participate in this my thread here.

Here is again my definition of argument in just four words:

So you give examples to show how words matter and have distinct meanings, yet you fail to understand the meaning of the word communicate, or argument for that matter.
Communication is to make something public,that something could be anything a feeling an opinion a video of erin or somebody's knee,every post here is a form of communication and every post proves something.
Yet somehow you are annoyed by the fact that people are doing exactly what you ask from them,they are communicating to prove something to you. Mainly they are communicating to prove that you are a bot,and they do it with pretty good results so far.

Argument singular is "validatable information"
An argument is the "exchange of validatable information"

"you are late for dinner"
"your call that dinner?!"
"You will sleep on the couch"
That's an argument because each of these can be validated.

"there is a ghost"
"I'm a psychic"
"we are saved"
That's communication,you are saying things but nothing can be proven.

Yes, yes you do...over and over and over and over again.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
That is why you and I have to be clear on what is the meaning of the word argument, for a lot of posters here use it to mean that they can put in a graphics of guys seemingly digging into the genital or anal i.e. rectum organ of another human or animal, and that for them is an argument for whatever they are arguing (for)

tenor.gif

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Ugh, I can't 'unwatch' this thread, somethings been going on for a while where I cannot do this in threads :(

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
I should give up on Elf, but for my experience with really sincerely facts attached folks, who do finally see the light that they can think instead of running away all the time.

Okay, dear Elf and all my opponents here and all folks here who identify themselves with the tag of atheist, when are you going to come forth with your definition of argument, and that in the least number of words, like my definition of what is argument in just four words:

First, present your definition in the least number of words, then we will work together as to arrive at a mutually agreed on definition, by which agreed on definition of argument, we can now present our argument respectively, do you get that, Oh ye with a brain but no sincerity to employ it to show signs of honest intelligent productive thinking.

As your work to produce your definition in the least number of words, of what is argument, that will rehearse you in the skill of thinking honestly, intelligently, and productively, instead of lying to yourselves with seeking refuge in semantic trickery.

The saying goes that a picture conveys a thousand words, but be insightful, choose carefully to produce your honest intelligent productive thought in the least number of words, then you will achieve to impart most sharply what a thousand words cannot, except to lie to yourselves as you seek to deceive others.

Postscript: Don't imitate me with the present post, not with my quantity of words.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Elf, when you next reply to me, do it this way in order to be systematic, otherwise you are into un-systematic undertaking, i.e. disorderly thinking and writing:

1. Set forth in the least number of words your definition of argument.

2. Set forth what are you arguing in favor of or against or for whatever purpose - if any at all.

3. Present the reasons why and how everyone with honest intelligent and productive thinking must accept what you propound for in your argument.

There.

Now, dear readers and fellow posters here, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness what gimmick Elf will go into next, instead of producing his systematic procedure for whatever he is aspiring to achieve with words in this thread of mine, which is about:

"The need to concur on HOW to prove God exists or not."

( How? By argument. )

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Dear Elf, when you next reply to me, do it this way in order to be systematic, otherwise you are into un-systematic undertaking, i.e. disorderly thinking and writing:

2. Set forth what are you arguing in favor of or against or for whatever purpose - if any at all.

3. Present the reasons why and how everyone with honest intelligent and productive thinking must accept what you propound for in your argument.

There.

Now, dear readers and fellow posters here, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness what gimmick Elf will go into next, instead of producing his systematic procedure for whatever he is aspiring to achieve with words in this thread of mine, which is about:

( How? By argument. )

I'm bored with your nonsense.

I suggest that nobody else responds to you, and hopefully you will go away if you are only "debating" with yourself. With that, I'm out.

Please ignore the bot.

Reactions: stargazr

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

There.

( How? By argument. )

my-hair-is-a-bird-your-argument-is-invalid.gif

Reactions: brianmanahan

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Usand Super Moderator, you moan:

"I'm bored with your nonsense."

Haha, gotcha, you are staying as a boreder in a boarding home.

Anyway, so as not to waste bandwidth boarding you, I will contribute today something for readers to profit from.

Dear readers, to get the big big big picture of things, you have got to do honest intelligent productive thinking, and the object of your thinking must be on existence, what is existence?

Existence is anything at all that we consciously experience.

If you don't have any conscious experience at all of anything at all, then woe, you don't know what is existence and you don't exist either, as to be like US blacks, their lives matter, yours doesn't.

I'm bored with your nonsense.

I suggest that nobody else responds to you, and hopefully you will go away if you are only "debating" with yourself. With that, I'm out.

Please ignore the bot.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Dear Usand Super Moderator, you moan:

"I'm bored with your nonsense."

Haha, gotcha, you are staying as a boreder in a boarding home.

Anyway, so as not to waste bandwidth boarding you, I will contribute today something for readers to profit from.

Dear readers, to get the big big big picture of things, you have got to do honest intelligent productive thinking, and the object of your thinking must be on existence, what is existence?

Existence is anything at all that we consciously experience.

If you don't have any conscious experience at all of anything at all, then woe, you don't know what is existence and you don't exist either, as to be like US blacks, their lives matter, yours doesn't.

Don't quote me anymore bot. I'm done with your dumb ass. However, I am praying every day that God kills your internet connection to save the world from dealing with your annoying posts.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Ugh, I can't 'unwatch' this thread, somethings been going on for a while where I cannot do this in threads :(

Are you Ajay new in this my thread here, I don't remember you from Adam and Eve.

So, can you comprehend my definition in four words on what is the definition of argument, namely: "Communication to prove something"?

You can play this game with me, now you ask me,

"And pray, what is the need if any, to prove something at all"?

Well, thinkers have been proving God exists or not since when man thought up the idea of God or gods, there must be a why.

In everyday life you might have to know how to prove that you are paying the correct income tax due to the internal revenue authority.

The lonely US service men overseas have to know how to prove that the girl they picked up is a genuine female, and not a transgendered guy.*

What about the proof in your drinks, how do you prove that it really is as inscribed on the label of the bottle?

Are you now convinced that you have got to know what it is and how to prove something - otherwise you will get cheated time and again with your hard earned money.

Now, with God, unless there is God existing, those folks who are getting donations for churches, training and support of priests and pastors and preachers, believers would be cheated were God not to exist.

*This 19 year old US Marine got a girl who looked as good as any girl looks like, i.e. female for all the external curves whatever, then when she got stripped, it turned out she was just a trans, so he got so frustrated that he beat her or him up and dumped her or him into the toilet bowl, head first.

The victim died but the marine insisted that he left her alive - long story short, he was detained in the country until they worked out some plea bargaining - if memory serves.