The Man Who Would Save The USA

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Originally Posted by CharlesKozierok
Paul got a ton of favorable coverage during the primaries despite having zero chance of winning.
This is both false and the notion he has no chance of winning is part of the media blackout and brainwashing of voters in america. The media has people saying he's unelectable and crazy for talking about things that matter.

I guess when you're so used to politicians bullshitting you and talking about things that don't matter, real issues might seem crazy.

I submit that you guys are crazy for talking about abortion. Abortion is way the fuck at the bottom of a president's list of priorities. It's way down there. It's so far down that list that it should not be mentioned EVER in an election... that's how fucking unimportant the issue of abortion is to our presidency. This is more true than ever now that we're even further sprawled out and engaged in coup de tats and wars around the world.

Only things candidates should be talking about are the top 5 key issues which include the state of the economy, foreign policy, and then you can start talking about domestic issues like health care and education.

But while our ecomony is fucked and we're starting wars all around the world, things like abortion take a back seat to real issues.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
This is both false and the notion he has no chance of winning is part of the media blackout and brainwashing of voters in america.

It's not false at all. He had no chance of winning because most Republicans don't like him.

That was made very clear during the polling, which I watched daily.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Air data I agree with you to me abortion and same sex marriage are non issues and simply used as a distraction. But morons think they matter because they refuse to look at the big picture. It also helps push Statistics agendas because if things were treated constityuytionally there would be NO LAWS governing them as they would be left up to the people as NO government can make the proper decision for people. So if They get to legislate, even in favor of, they sieze more power for the state.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
It's not false at all. He had no chance of winning because most Republicans don't like him.

That was made very clear during the polling, which I watched daily.

If the news casters say everything in a snarky, sarcastic way regarding ron paul, it's not favorable coverage. Nor when they outright say he has no chance of winning.

Romney would have no chance of winning if the media pointed out how fucking retarded he is, and said he has no chance of winning over and over.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
If the news casters say everything in a snarky, sarcastic way regarding ron paul, it's not favorable coverage. Nor when they outright say he has no chance of winning.

Romney would have no chance of winning if the media pointed out how fucking retarded he is, and said he has no chance of winning over and over.

There was considerable anti-Romney coverage when Gingrich and Santorum made their runs early in the year. Romney just outspent and outdebated them.

The problem with your "it's all the media's fault" argument is that polls consistently showed most Republican primary voters disagreeing with Paul's positions, especially on foreign policy. Much of his support was actually from outside the party.

Even he knew he had no chance of winning. He pretty much admitted it more than once.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Romney also lost Iowa... people are just dumb though and don't care.

I guess romney is a bit better than ass froth who beat him in iowa.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Ron Paul was always a bad choice. I know I would never vote for a man whose economic policies were the same as those of Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Look OP, I consider myself to be one of Ron Pauls biggest supporters on this forum but you really must get off his cock. And I say that with all due respect. He won't be president. Get over it. The old age where we expected each citizen to pull their own weight is gone. Government will step where it pleases regardless of our steadfast hold on the Constitution. You have to at some point come to the realization that we are not going back to a more constitutional government. I'm not voting because I will not co-sign their actions. If you do you legitimize their abuses on citizens and crimes around the world including but not limited to murder, theft and kidnapping. I say fuck our Government but I love my country.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Ron Paul chose to be a Republican. If the Republican Party doesn't represent Mr. Paul's views, he's a hypocrite.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Ron Paul was always a bad choice. I know I would never vote for a man whose economic policies were the same as those of Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales.

The "goldbug" campaign has really worked wonders.

Instead we endorse loophole economics where we think that printing money solves everything and deficits don't matter. The value of money eventually catches up with us, and when we basically are devaluing our dollar to fund deficits, it can only accelerate unless you start getting the money back either through very high taxation or trade surpluses.

Apr 27, 2012
Look OP, I consider myself to be one of Ron Pauls biggest supporters on this forum but you really must get off his cock. And I say that with all due respect. He won't be president. Get over it. The old age where we expected each citizen to pull their own weight is gone. Government will step where it pleases regardless of our steadfast hold on the Constitution. You have to at some point come to the realization that we are not going back to a more constitutional government. I'm not voting because I will not co-sign their actions. If you do you legitimize their abuses on citizens and crimes around the world including but not limited to murder, theft and kidnapping. I say fuck our Government but I love my country.

I find that insulting, I am just a supporter of his.

He wont be president and I know this BUT he should be president and he is one of the only people who can fix the US

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
BUT he should be president and he is one of the only people who can fix the US

Even if Ron Paul was elected he wouldn't be able to fix anything unless the Senate and Congress is comprised of a majority of like minded people that agree with him. The fact of the matter most Americans including those in the Congressional district he represented rejected his ideas and him as their choice for President.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Even if Ron Paul was elected he wouldn't be able to fix anything unless the Senate and Congress is comprised of a majority of like minded people that agree with him. The fact of the matter most Americans including those in the Congressional district he represented rejected his ideas and him as their choice for President.

I think six people have said that already. The guy is just a drooling idiot, incapable of reasoning.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
America is too stupid to pick someone that has common sense.

Also, many people know that it will take a REAL struggle to get this country on the right page, struggle NO ONE wants to endure.

Ron Paul lacks common sense. In fact, almost all of our politicians today do. If Obama/Romney can be accused of too big of government, Paul can be accused of too little. We need somebody closer to Ike. Rationalization, not polarization.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Getting back to the point of the OP, I'll leave this here. It describes what he would actually be able to accomplish if he were President.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul647.html (Yes I am aware it is Lew Rockwell's site)

I am well aware that Paul was never going to be President, however he accomplished quite a bit with extremely limited funds. The odds were completely against his favor. It was proven quite awhile ago of the media blackout, but that alone is not what cost him anything. The main problem was always foriegn policy, and considering most American Christians do not believe in Christian War Theory or the Golden Rule he was never going to win.

No chance in hell.

That said, if he were elected President he could do 2 things that would (in my opinion) be better for our country namely, veto the hell out of Congress and bring our troops home and abandon the MIC.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well, of course, the situation for America is hopeless at the moment, no third party within sight that has the slightest chance. About the only hope I can see is a Constitutional convention to reverse the Supreme Court that fucked us in the ass with money is speech and corporations are people. Fucking imbeciles. So I guess that's one more avenue for salvation, a liberal court that would reverse those decisions, probably another delusion like Roe vs wade being reversed or maybe even less likely.

Alternatively, Americans could wake up to the fact that one way to get a third party would be to change the way we vote so that you can vote hierarchically, if your first choice doesn't win then your vote goes to your second, and down the line with none of the above is on the ballot. The parties, of course, would fight this to the death so that's likely useless too.

Another useless pursuit might be to persuade the media to cover the fact night and day that our politics has become inept and only the people can fix it. If people want conscious change they will have to have conscious awareness.

Which brings us to our final hope, disaster. Consciousness evolves with need and disaster will bring lots of it.

Apr 27, 2012
Getting back to the point of the OP, I'll leave this here. It describes what he would actually be able to accomplish if he were President.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul647.html (Yes I am aware it is Lew Rockwell's site)

I am well aware that Paul was never going to be President, however he accomplished quite a bit with extremely limited funds. The odds were completely against his favor. It was proven quite awhile ago of the media blackout, but that alone is not what cost him anything. The main problem was always foriegn policy, and considering most American Christians do not believe in Christian War Theory or the Golden Rule he was never going to win.

No chance in hell.

That said, if he were elected President he could do 2 things that would (in my opinion) be better for our country namely, veto the hell out of Congress and bring our troops home and abandon the MIC.

Good points, I'll make sure to read the article later it looks interesting. I do see that we have way too many chickenhawks in this country. All these idiots who dont like him because of foreign policy but would NEVER fight, bunch of cowards

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
hqdefault.jpg