The Man Who Would Save The USA

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Incorruptible, Nov 6, 2012.

1. IronWing

IronWing Lifer

This thread looks an awful lot like a "I guess Obama is going to win so I better distance myself from the loser" thread.

2. JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda Lifer

ahhh...playing the fraud card....Ron who??

3. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

Where have I ever supported romney? I have always been against romney but its just easier to make up lies

4. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

I followed the primaries very closely. Ron Paul consistently polled the worst of the candidates in nearly every state.

If there was fraud, it had no effect on the outcome. Paul lost because he's not really a Republican, and he doesn't stand for what most Republicans stand for today.

5. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

Not enough to get past the noise for what ever fraud is being accused.

His level with the caucuses was similar to the primaries. 5-7%

That is not the person/positions that the majority of the voting public want.
    If he was pulling 30-40% in a primary and then shows 10-15% in a caucus, then their may be a gripe.

He either is not going to convince

or

the message is flawed.

Running a lame horse in a race is not going to win the trophy just because your horse has a pretty jockey.

6. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

The media is an extension of the interests that control it. Selling papers and commercial spots pales in comparison to their overall corporate interests.

7. Incorruptible

This. Corporations run this country and Ron Paul is against that so they will ignore him, cant have the people think for themselves

Why is it so hard for people to understand what you just said?

8. Charles Kozierok

So it's "overall corporate interests" that caused Paul to be outvoted by a huge margin?

And let's not forget that "corporate interests" is a big part of the modern GOP.

9. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

I knew Ron Paul was in trouble when he was only polling 10% - 15% in the Congressional district he had held for 11 years.

10. mafia

mafia Golden Member

Vote for Gary Johnson if you like RP. GJ is on all the ballots.

11. airdata

airdata Diamond Member

That's how our system works.

Ron Paul was the only candidate this election cycle talking about real issues. Everybody else is talking about cooked up unemployment numbers and the usual stuff.

All of his haters try to say he's crazy and then when other candidates use his ideas they're not crazy. You know, the usual P&N flip flop routine.

12. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

While I like Ron Paul, he doesn't believe in evictionism and ignores the voluntary agreement women make with the child to carry it. Because of this he would never get my vote. I think he's pretty spot on about some things and it comes out as a harsh reality, but reality is harsh it seems most have forgotten that. I just got back from casting my ballot for Gary Johnson, I believe he's more in line with myself than I am with Dr. Paul.

13. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

I was talking specifically about media coverage. They will lean and favorably cover the candidate best for business.

14. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

He skirts around it by believing its a state's rights issue though, but yes you are right about his personal views.

I'll also be voting Gary Johnson because the vote will go towards a larger percentage than writing in Ron Paul, hopefully he gets a good percentage to get the message out.

15. Incorruptible

I agree that its a good idea to vote for Gary Johnson since it takes away votes from the two party dictatorship

But Ron Paul should have been the nominee though

16. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

If Ron Paul and I were more in line I would write him in even if it wouldn't "count". I realize he cops out to it being a state issue, but the constitution doesn't just leave things up to the states. It also says the powers to be reserved by the people. Some of these things not even the State should have say in, let alone the Federal government. Problem is people are to scurried of being responsible for themselves or they are to scurried to trust others not blowing up the world around them so they skip that shit.

17. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

Has Incorruptible backed Romney at all? I thought he was a Ron Paul guy for awhile.

18. Incorruptible

Thats the point, I never supported romney and I was for Ron Paul from the start. But people will remain ignorant

19. Charles Kozierok

Paul got a ton of favorable coverage during the primaries despite having zero chance of winning.

20. LegendKiller

LegendKiller Lifer

Sorry, but most people understand that getting rid of the 14th amendment or setting abortion back to the states or going to one SSBN for "national defense" or going to a gold standard, is a bad thing. Perhaps not the last that much but certainly the first few.

Ron Paul's ideas are 18th century libertopianism, plain and simple. They anchor thinking into believing that the 18th century was the apex of society and that we should not adapt our country for global change.

That does not resonate with the country. He does not resonate with the country. He is a fringe candidate, just like his followers.

21. Vdubchaos

Vdubchaos Lifer

America is too stupid to pick someone that has common sense.

Also, many people know that it will take a REAL struggle to get this country on the right page, struggle NO ONE wants to endure.

22. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

Looks a lot more like a "I don't know who the OP is or who he has supported but I'm going to take a shot in the dark here".

Lol.

23. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

Even Jonny Stewart commented on the media blackout of Paul. No need to try and rewrite history for someone who already has lost.

24. Charles Kozierok

Only thing I could find was something related to the straw poll last August. Not too relevant.

I'm not "rewriting history", I'm sharing my experiences from closely watching the primaries. Believe what you wish.

25. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

That's the thing I brought up. How come people ignore the 10th amendment? Powers not granted to the Feds aren't just those reserved to the States they can also be just powers of the people. I also disagree with you about utopianism. Most of the people that think this way know it's not possible and we see struggling against it through force and coercive control over people as worse.

What resonates with the country is the nanny state, some huge unaccountable entitled that will take care of them when all goes wrong. People,e have substituted God for Government and that is the mainstream trait of people here in the USA. Your God is not mine.