The List of Blame for all Conservatives' problems

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
what the fuck is this kind of rant? Is there some crime for related to postermodernism in textual analysis? What the hell is your deal, hamster penis?

lol? :D
You don't know about how that is in many cases the only way of analysis of the text and that it is frowned upon by your professors if you show so much as any hint of passionate interest in the text?

Do you not know that in gender studies classes Indian practices like Sati which have been eradicated for a better part of 250+ years is still taught as examples of how women are oppressed in India?

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Put down the textbook, Jr. What do you know?

What is your experience? My question was obvious, don't play coy you little turd.
I know that they barricaded entire apartments so that the people inside couldn't go to cast their votes and full-fledged rigging of elections could happen.

I know that farm labourers, mostly women, who were protesting the sale of their lands at dirt-cheap rates for industrialization, were silenced when an 18-year-old campaigner was raped and burnt alive.

I know how student activists not affiliated to their student's union thrashed so badly that they later succumbed to their injuries.

I know how their leaders made blatantly sexist remarks against the main opposition leader and dragged her by her hair in the police van when she was protesting in front of the government's seat of power demanding justice for some women who were brutally raped.

So this kiddo knows about a thing or two outside of textbooks.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
No. You are way overreacting. CNN is sorta leaning left .. all us lefties here know that and adjust the optics accordingly when considering the source. You dont find the 'lefties' you are looking for here... you will find some pure bred rightwing nuts though. But no leftish antifa anarchisttypes here.. Sorry.
How do you know? On the streets they hide their faces and here they're anonymous.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You don't know about how that is in many cases the only way of analysis of the text and that it is frowned upon by your professors if you show so much as any hint of passionate interest in the text?

Do you not know that in gender studies classes Indian practices like Sati which have been eradicated for a better part of 250+ years is still taught as examples of how women are oppressed in India?

Seriously, what the goddamn fuck are you talking about? One of my undergrad degrees was in English, and all forms of literary criticism and analysis were and are always explored, and all are valid. Always.

The only time you see little bitches complaining about "their analysis not being acceptable!" is because they are shit writers that just don't understand context. These are never English majors, (which isn't some great thing: it just means--people that spend little time reading and far less time engaged in critical analysis) that are taking their one required 100-level class to fulfill their whatever degree, and get all bitchy when a simple little essay that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, gets a C or worse because they can't fucking read, and just flat out shit the bed when it comes to writing. Which is most people, and that is fine. But such people are easily offended and tend to think it is their "values" being assaulted when it is, in fact, their shit writing.

The only thing any undergrad-level professor cares about is establishing a convincing argument. No one cares about it being "correct." No one. That never happens. If you think that is the case, then you are fucking wrong. You can interpret any text any way you want, it can be pure bullshit (believe me!), you just have to know how to convince the reader that your analysis is believable and establish a cogent argument. I think that is actually harder than it sounds, but in my experience, I know that when you see cases of students bitching and crying about being disrespected, it's because they are simply shit at writing. It's that simple.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did we add the Parkland kids to the list??

"Teenagers"

It's more than Parkland. Teenagers has always been a classic terror for the American conservative, but that is generally a universal issue with "all old people." Teenager has a special flavor for today's conservatives, however, because more and more, the American teenager is handing conservatives their asses, directly showing them that their geriatric, trite complaints are useless and will not survive beyond the end of their pathetic lives, and this terrifies them.

Teenagers are the adults in the room when dickless conservatives try to engage them, and the conservatives know this. This keeps them up at night, the realization that they have ceded all authority to the moral leadership of the culture, and that their existence on earth, for their petty, vindictive, humorless assault on decency, will be meaningless once they have expired. No one will remember today's conservatives, because they are the pitiful victims of their own uninformed assault on humanity, and have been thoroughly "owned" by today's teenagers.

Last edited:

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Seriously, what the goddamn fuck are you talking about? One of my undergrad degrees was in English, and all forms of literary criticism and analysis were and are always explored, and all are valid. Always.

The only time you see little bitches complaining about "their analysis not being acceptable!" is because they are shit writers that just don't understand context. These are never English majors, (which isn't some great thing: it just means--people that spend little time reading and far less time engaged in critical analysis) that are taking their one required 100-level class to fulfill their whatever degree, and get all bitchy when a simple little essay that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, gets a C or worse because they can't fucking read, and just flat out shit the bed when it comes to writing. Which is most people, and that is fine. But such people are easily offended and tend to think it is their "values" being assaulted when it is, in fact, their shit writing.

The only thing any undergrad-level professor cares about is establishing a convincing argument. No one cares about it being "correct." No one. That never happens. If you think that is the case, then you are fucking wrong. You can interpret any text any way you want, it can be pure bullshit (believe me!), you just have to know how to convince the reader that your analysis is believable and establish a cogent argument. I think that is actually harder than it sounds, but in my experience, I know that when you see cases of students bitching and crying about being disrespected, it's because they are simply shit at writing. It's that simple.
La mort de l'auteur is the starting point in literary criticism these days. Postmodernism is increasing in prevalence as the form of textual analysis that is deemed acceptable. Don't take my word for it. The byproduct of this school of thought is that someone studying say for example, Lovecraft, is more likely to come out with a rigid understanding like "man, this guy is a racist", because not enough importance is given on Lovecraft's life and experiences when it comes to a critical appreciation of his work.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
La mort de l'auteur is the starting point in literary criticism these days. Postmodernism is increasing in prevalence as the form of textual analysis that is deemed acceptable. Don't take my word for it. The byproduct of this school of thought is that someone studying say for example, Lovecraft, is more likely to come out with a rigid understanding like "man, this guy is a racist", because not enough importance is given on Lovecraft's life and experiences when it comes to a critical appreciation of his work.

Dude, every form goes in cycles. It always happens. The universal claim of "Today is the worst/best era to experience --x-- because --b--is so popular" is a fundamental individual human problem of being unable to experience the acceptance of forms in previous and future eras. Nothing changes. If you can't construct a valid New Historicist or feminist or marxist or psycoanalytic or modernist argument in an era when postmodernism just happens to reign supreme, then you are incompetent. It is truly that simple. Just as I was able to do when gasp! postmodernism was also then reigning supreme!

The Death of King Arthur? what the fuck man, it is absolutely not the central focus of any overarching discipline. You are suffering from tunnel vision.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Dude, every form goes in cycles. It always happens. The universal claim of "Today is the worst/best era to experience --x-- because --b--is so popular" is a fundamental individual human problem of being unable to experience the acceptance of forms in previous and future eras. Nothing changes. If you can't construct a valid New Historicist or feminist or marxist or psycoanalytic or modernist argument in an era when postmodernism just happens to reign supreme, then you are incompetent. It is truly that simple. Just as I was able to do when gasp! postmodernism was also then reigning supreme!

The Death of King Arthur? what the fuck man, it is absolutely not the central focus of any overarching discipline. You are suffering from tunnel vision.
Am I to believe that your education in English was worth it given that that's the translation of the French phrase you came up with?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Am I to believe that your education in English was worth it given that that's the translation of the French phrase you came up with?

Seriously, are you well in the head or is it just that your programming is stuck on "nonsense strawman/force interrupt/ fallacy fallacy fallacy /gish_gallup/ success!"

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
anyway, updated OP with brilliant image provided courtesy of boomerang and his nightly terrors.
29y3tzl.jpg

Reactions: ch33zw1z