The Jussie Smollett Affair

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He called it based on intuition from what he saw. I could have done that, but chose not to because I didn't want to deal with the groupthink shit show (such as your next post in the thread).

You cannot claim the intuition was incorrect.
I can say Jussie lied about the incident.

I can also claim that black people make up stories just to be a victim is utter bullshit.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

But, a Black guy was crying wolf, and he was right. He also gave his reasons for thinking it was false. You and I may disagree with his logic, but, his logic as stated was not at all based on the person being Black. You had to infer that because of the person you think the poster is.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

But, a Black guy was crying wolf, and he was right. He also gave his reasons for thinking it was false. You and I may disagree with his logic, but, his logic as stated was not at all based on the person being Black. You had to infer that because of the person you think the poster is.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So at this point in time the story was 24 hours old and the response is ...

In other words there goes those black people again claiming victim hood over nothing.

Now, what did we know at that time justified that response other then his tendancy to claim black people just make stuff up?

But it appears that is 100% exactly what happened. This is what I go on about here. That the leftists manufacture racism and hate today then claim to be the victims of it. In a country where there are scholarships for non-white skin color and ethnicity, where racist affirmative action policies are normal, where the previous POTUS was an African American, etc. Of course racism still exists and there are isolated incidents of violence. But the left pretends like there is a culture of white supremacy when that simply isn't true. Stop letting the liberals fool you, you're shadow boxing a ghost.

Reactions: HurleyBird

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I can say Jussie lied about the incident.

I can also claim that black people make up stories just to be a victim is utter bullshit.

How can you say its bullshit? People claim false stories to be victims sometimes. Black people being people would seem to be able to do it too right?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
People should have been skeptical the moment they heard 'this is MAGA country'. Chicago is MAGA country???!!!! Are you effing kidding me? I'm a firm believer in the first amendment. If someone wants to wear a MAGA hat, it's their right and I'd leave them be. But there are some places where you just don't do certain things. Wearing said hat in Chicago is ill advised.

The guy who is on board with birtherism, Obama wiretapped my phone, 3-5 million illegal votes doesn't get to fucking lecture us about fake news.

Now back to the case in a country where somebody can be tied by a rope to the back of a pickup truck and dragged down the street you find this impossible? In an era where hate crimes, racist attacks and anti semetism are up 17 % since Trump took office you find this impossible? I don't. I believed him until facts proved otherwise.

I'll give one to you if you can be honest. Remember the girl with the "B" carved in her cheek and claimed Obama supporters did it? You believe her right? Kinda over the top right? Forgetting the fact Obama NEVER called for physical violence like Trump has.

AS for your bitch about media coverage, don't worry when some cute white girl goes missing the media will be on it 24/7, so take heart, douchebag.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He didn't say this guy was crying wolf, he claimed blacks have a "culture" of victimhood and make up stories to perpetuate. That was the basis of his "intuition" not the facts of the case.

Again I would love for him and the usual COCs go back and honestly post their position of the "B" girl at the time.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
He didn't say this guy was crying wolf, he claimed blacks have a "culture" of victimhood and make up stories to perpetuate. That was the basis of his "intuition" not the facts of the case.

Again I would love for him and the usual COCs go back and honestly post their position of the "B" girl at the time.

Where did he say Blacks had a culture of victimhood?

Below is the full quote.

"
I'm sorry but this absolutely REEKS of victim culture mentality akin to poop swastika.

If someone hates this actor - they track him down and they beat the shit out of him like the racist fucking scumbags that they are.... or maybe they randomly spot him and do it. If you're that adamant to the point of tracking someone down I would also suspect you're stupid enough to murder.

HOWEVER - They don't "assault him at 2AM.... tie a rope around his neck... and pour some bleach on him"... I'm sorry, but that's just not how dumb fucks operate. They don't carry bleach in bottle or something, this just sounds preposterous. They also don't carry spare rope unless they (wait for it...) are actually going to hang someone with it.

Also, racist white klan folks in Chicago? Not sure what you're smoking, that's not what I ever see in Chicago, and I've been there plenty. It's also INCREDIBLY fucking hard to catch someone alone in Chicago without some eye-witness accounts.

I honestly at this point doubt this - because it just reeks of bullshit based on the fabricated story. I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is. "

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How can you say its bullshit? People claim false stories to be victims sometimes. Black people being people would seem to be able to do it too right?
Claiming it as a generalization of black people, you betcha. Any one person is capable of making up a story.

Trump makes shit up all the time but I don't generalize about white people and their "culture"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Where did he say Blacks had a culture of victimhood?

Below is the full quote.

"
I'm sorry but this absolutely REEKS of victim culture mentality akin to poop swastika.

If someone hates this actor - they track him down and they beat the shit out of him like the racist fucking scumbags that they are.... or maybe they randomly spot him and do it. If you're that adamant to the point of tracking someone down I would also suspect you're stupid enough to murder.

HOWEVER - They don't "assault him at 2AM.... tie a rope around his neck... and pour some bleach on him"... I'm sorry, but that's just not how dumb fucks operate. They don't carry bleach in bottle or something, this just sounds preposterous. They also don't carry spare rope unless they (wait for it...) are actually going to hang someone with it.

Also, racist white klan folks in Chicago? Not sure what you're smoking, that's not what I ever see in Chicago, and I've been there plenty. It's also INCREDIBLY fucking hard to catch someone alone in Chicago without some eye-witness accounts.

I honestly at this point doubt this - because it just reeks of bullshit based on the fabricated story. I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is. "
Singling out the Tawana Brawly case was not an accident. Did you wonder why he didn't use the girl who scratched a "B" on her cheek and made up an attack? That was way more recent.

In fact I hear that same line of attack. Its riddles all through my thread of black people being harassed just for existing. "Oh you people should just be quiet. Nobody got hurt. Why do you always try to be a victim?

This is my fear with this case. For the next 20 years righties will use it to discount future claims made by black people when they are attacked or are victims of hate crimes.

Last edited:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Claiming it as a generalization of black people, you betcha. Any one person is capable of making up a story.

Trump makes shit up all the time but I don't generalize about white people and their "culture"

I think the problem with this part, is where you got that he was saying Black people. Not once does he say the word black, or use a code for black.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

That is without a doubt true thanks to the Democrats creating a victim mentality. Why do you think, in his mind, it was better for this well paid, has everything he wants Hollywood actor to pretend to be a victim vs. continue with his sky is the limit career? Because leftists are conditioned to be victims. It is amazing how life changes once you break free from their slave chains and leave the plantation. Part of the reason I had my #walkaway moment.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
SIngling out the Tawana Brawly case was not an accident. Did you wonder why he didn't use the girl who scratched a "B" on her cheek and made up an attack? That was way more recent.

That is a conspiracy at best. All the things he listed were far more current than something that happened about 10 years ago. The most recent examples seem reasonable here. Again, you are seeing something that you think is there because of your bias against the poster. You are making it seem like it was clearly an insult to Black people, and its anything but clear.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Assuming that hate crimes are on the rise and it's not just reporting bias, attribution itself is tricky. A Democrat will blame the President, and a Republican will blame the media, BLM, and race-baiting liberals.

The ADL says that antisemitism is surging. Is there reporting bias there too? How much of the alleged increase in hate crimes is due to the alleged increase in antisemitism? Trump is probably the most pro-Jew and pro-Israel president the US has ever had, yet one of his fans shot up a synagogue. How do you attribute culpability?

Because being 'pro-Israel,' or Zionism, is an ethno-separatist agenda, ie that Jews should live in their own homeland separate from other cultures, and the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter was also an ethno-separatist, a white nationalist, who believed that America is for white Christians only, and thus Jews in America are an 'infestation.' Not much different from how Zionists view Palestinians really.

Liberalism OTOH calls for diversity, that people from all cultures, backgrounds, and religions can live together in peace and equality while maintaining their various ethnic identies, a concept which conservativism (which requires conformity and assimilation) rejects outright.

And let's not forget that the President called white nationalists 'very fine people.' But of course, you already did.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
In the end, votes matter. Money can do a lot, of course, but it can't defeat a dearth of necessary votes.

The other types of support can sway people that vote. If your point is that his support is smaller you might be misleading yourself. The problem thus may be larger than you realize.

Reactions: Hugo Drax

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's interesting how the reactionary mind manipulates reality. Almost every liberal post in this thread was skeptical of Smollett's story from the beginning, and anyone who cares to can go back and read that, yet conservatives are all claiming the opposite, that liberals all believed and defended his story.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That is a conspiracy at best. All the things he listed were far more current than something that happened about 10 years ago. The most recent examples seem reasonable here. Again, you are seeing something that you think is there because of your bias against the poster. You are making it seem like it was clearly an insult to Black people, and its anything but clear.
You could say that but you can't deny it takes more effort to come up with an obscure Tawana Brawley reference over something that happened in 1987 (had to look up) vs the "B" girl which happened in 2008 (I remembered that one)

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Because being 'pro-Israel,' or Zionism, is an ethno-separatist agenda, ie that Jews should live in their own homeland separate from other cultures, and the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter was also an ethno-separatist, a white nationalist, who believed that America is for white Christians only, and thus Jews in America are an 'infestation.' Not much different from how Zionists view Palestinians really.

Liberalism OTOH calls for diversity, that people from all cultures, backgrounds, and religions can live together in peace and equality while maintaining their various ethnic identies, a concept which conservativism (which requires conformity and assimilation) rejects outright.

And let's not forget that the President called white nationalists 'very fine people.' But of course, you already did.

You are so slanted it borders on outright dishonesty.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You could say that but you can't deny it takes more effort to come up with an obscure Tawana Brawley reference over something that happened in 1987 (had to look up) vs the "B" girl which happened in 2008 (I remembered that one)

He did not bring up Tawana in his post.

I honestly at this point doubt this - because it just reeks of bullshit based on the fabricated story. I can only hope that over time the truth comes forward. I also suspect it isn't what people here want to believe it is.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The other types of support can sway people that vote. If your point is that his support is smaller you might be misleading yourself. The problem thus may be larger than you realize.

I thought it was impossible that "Russians saying things" could never sway votes for other people?