The Joe Biden sexual assault allegation

Page 108 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Was anyone saying that Ford's complaint should not be investigated or that we should believe her even if she changed her story multiple times or was found to have a history of serial fraud?

Maybe if they had afforded the Ford investigation a full 6+ weeks like they did with Reade, more inconsistencies would’ve been found in her story prior to having her testify under oath. But damn those liberals for rushing the FBI investigation and insisting on a speedy confirmation hearing, lol!!!!

/s for idiots

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Everyone has a different idea about how much weight to assign to different kinds of evidence. I'll leave it at that.

I will say one thing about her pattern of unrelated lies - the common thread which runs through them is $$. Expert witness work is quite lucrative, especially for someone who seems to have been chronically broke for much of her adult life. She would never have been hired without an applicable degree. As for the landlords, that was all about skipping out on rent and bills.

These lies have small impact on my overall assessment of the credibility of her claims, which is already shot from the stuff we know of that is directly related. There isn't enough there to show a pattern of pathological lying, but they do show a pattern of repeatedly lying for monetary reasons. I've strongly suspected that her motive for lying about Biden has to do with money. Whether it's a payoff or she means to write a tell all book (or memoir where Biden is one chapter), I think somehow money is why she's doing it.
I think we generally agree. If the evidence supported her allegation her history of lying would not be sufficient for me to discount it. I also agree that her primary reason for lying was financial, and in my opinion most likely from wanting to sell a book or give talks or whatever.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I’m not sure why you keep pretending Reade and Ford are equivalent other than it gives you an out for not giving the apology Biden richly deserves.
Because there is an equivalence. Richly deserves, lol

Until you apologize there’s nothing else to say here.
Then there is nothing more for you to say because there is nothing to apologize for.

Biden has been largely exonerated, Reade outed as a grifter, and people who pumped her story humiliated. Even better, Democrats stuck to their principles even when it wasn’t convenient and made sure her claims were investigated.
Democrats used the standard playbook of attacking and discrediting the accuser, and abandoned the principles they championed during the Kavanaugh hearings. They are hypocrites, but I hope they learned the valuable lesson of honoring due process now that the blowback of their short sighted political opportunism nearly took out their candidate, and probably would have ended Biden’s run as what happened to Bloomberg had these allegations surfaced earlier in the primary season.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Maybe if they had afforded the Ford investigation a full 6+ weeks like they did with Reade, more inconsistencies would’ve been found in her story prior to having her testify under oath. But damn those liberals for rushing the FBI investigation and insisting on a speedy confirmation hearing, lol!!!!

/s for idiots

How else would they force their partisan shill onto the SCOTUS before the House flipped blue in a record setting flip? They didn't dig for reasons, and blamed the "libtards". They do it all for the tears, USA be damned.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

/s for idiots
It really did turn out here that by sticking to their principles and not giving in to hypocrisy the Democrats won. Reade got the investigation Ford never did, and the investigation largely cleared Biden. Maybe Kavanaugh would have been cleared as well but now we will never know.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I invite you to quote yourself.
Sure thing. I didn't enter this thread until post 63. Go read that post, followed by 177 where I call out Republicans for the first time.

I don't jump back into the thread until around post 574.

I then call out Republicans and Democrats in posts 854, 874, 1054, 1100...that should sufficiently address your concern.

Funny how its always Democrats who are so concerned by my posts. I don’t even get this level of concern from the resident gun nutters when I post in favor of more restrictive firearm laws.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
If this statement is not true, would you agree that you have no valid argument here?
I’ve said several times my argument falls apart in the absence of corroborating accounts of Reade’s claim or a thorough investigation into the personnel files from Biden’s Senate office.

Those corroborating accounts do exist and the attacks on Reade’s character essentially derailed any thorough investigation of documentation that proves the circumstances around her departure from Biden’s office.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’ve said several times my argument falls apart in the absence of corroborating accounts of Reade’s claim or a thorough investigation into the personnel files from Biden’s Senate office.

Those corroborating accounts do exist and the attacks on Reade’s character essentially derailed any thorough investigation of documentation that proves the circumstances around her departure from Biden’s office.

That’s complete bull shit as reporters paid no attention to any attacks on reade and in fact most of their investigations were done before she went mainstream and any character flaws were pointed out.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Never mind that's she's obviously been lying from the start. She just made it up. Investigating Biden's Senate records won't change that.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm going to explain why I think it's plausible that the Russians paid Reade to say this. I know many of you are resisting that theory because there are also other plausible explanations which seem less nefarious and therefore less conspiratorial. But bear with me for a moment and look at the timeline:

March 2019. Reade "me toos" after a number of other women say that Biden touched them in ways which, though not sexual assault, made them feel uncomfortable.

December 2019. Reade posts a pro-Russia blog which is ludicrously praising of Putin. When later asked about why she wrote this, she claimed it was an abortive attempt to write a novel. It wasn't. It's a standard format political blog with her name on it.

April, 2020, right after Biden is seen to be clinching the primary, she comes out with an accusation of sexual assault.

The Russians study our political climate. They know any accusation of sexual assault against a democrat, even one of marginal credibility, is a problem for the candidate because it will divide democrats.

They've seen republicans try it already, but do it stupidly, with Jacob Wohl who made the colossal mistake of making himself, a known financial fraudster, the center of attention by acting as the front for the victim, killing the storiy's credibility before it even started. Wohl made the accusation before revealing the "victim," then press coverage over Wohl's history had scared off the "victims."

Better to have it come from a "victim" on her own. Better still if it's a democrat. Then the allegations came out last year. Presto, a bunch of democrat women having accused Biden of something kind of sort of but not quite sexual assault.

So they look for their potential "victim" among this group. Out of the several women, the others all have successful careers and would likely never go along with it. But Reade is the one who's either unemployed or marginally employed.

So late last year they offer her a few bucks to write a pro-Putin blog. They don't care about the impact of the blog because she's too marginal of a public figure for anyone to be listening to her. They just want to see if she's willing to say something she doesn't believe for money. She does it. By the way, it is well known that this is how Russian intelligence operates: they ask for small stuff before asking for the big stuff. It's a test and a way to acclimate the person they are using.

Then comes April of this year, and they offer her a much larger pot of money...

This all seems entirely plausible to me. It may well not have happened. She may have lied to write a lucrative book. But it's well within the realm of possibility, and it does all logically add up with known facts.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Because there is an equivalence. Richly deserves, lol

Then there is nothing more for you to say because there is nothing to apologize for.

Democrats used the standard playbook of attacking and discrediting the accuser, and abandoned the principles they championed during the Kavanaugh hearings. They are hypocrites, but I hope they learned the valuable lesson of honoring due process now that the blowback of their short sighted political opportunism nearly took out their candidate, and probably would have ended Biden’s run as what happened to Bloomberg had these allegations surfaced earlier in the primary season.
You seem to be using the term "Democrats" here when you mean "journalists." This isn't surprising as you have to have a stupid world view like that to remain "independent" these days.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm going to explain why I think it's plausible that the Russians paid Reade to say this. I know many of you are resisting that theory because there are also other plausible explanations which seem less nefarious and therefore less conspiratorial. But bear with me for a moment and look at the timeline:

March 2019. Reade "me toos" after a number of other women say that Biden touched them in ways which, though not sexual assault, made them feel uncomfortable.

December 2019. Reade posts a pro-Russia blog which is ludicrously praising of Putin. When later asked about why she wrote this, she claimed it was an abortive attempt to write a novel. It wasn't. It's a standard format political blog with her name on it.

April, 2020, right after Biden is seen to be clinching the primary, she comes out with an accusation of sexual assault.

The Russians study our political climate. They know any accusation of sexual assault against a democrat, even one of marginal credibility, is a problem for the candidate because it will divide democrats.

They've seen republicans try it already, but do it stupidly, with Jacob Wohl who made the colossal mistake of making himself, a known financial fraudster, the center of attention by acting as the front for the victim, killing the storiy's credibility before it even started. Wohl made the accusation before revealing the "victim," then press coverage over Wohl's history had scared off the "victims."

Better to have it come from a "victim" on her own. Better still if it's a democrat. Then the allegations came out last year. Presto, a bunch of democrat women having accused Biden of something kind of sort of but not quite sexual assault.

So they look for their potential "victim" among this group. Out of the several women, the others all have successful careers and would likely never go along with it. But Reade is the one who's either unemployed or marginally employed.

So late last year they offer her a few bucks to write a pro-Putin blog. They don't care about the impact of the blog because she's too marginal of a public figure for anyone to be listening to her. They just want to see if she's willing to say something she doesn't believe for money. She does it. By the way, it is well known that this is how Russian intelligence operates: they ask for small stuff before asking for the big stuff. It's a test and a way to acclimate the person they are using.

Then comes April of this year, and they offer her a much larger pot of money...

This all seems entirely plausible to me. It may well not have happened. She may have lied to write a lucrative book. But it's well within the realm of possibility, and it does all logically add up with known facts.
I 100% agree it is within the realm of reasonable possibility and it's not crazy to think it. I don't think it's the most likely explanation but if it turned out to be true it would not be super shocking to me.

I mean I think we can all remember how during the summer of 2016 it was being reported that the Russians were intervening in our election to help Trump and lots of people dismissed it as an insane conspiracy theory. Then it turned out to be 100% correct.

Mar 11, 2004
Er...who's resisting that theory? Other than people doing that simply to dismiss questions about Reade.

I think there's 3 reasons people aren't pushing that:
1. Its dismissive of sexual assault victims and listening to their claims.
2. It plays into the hands of people claiming people are dismissing her out of political motivated reasoning.
3. Those people are prone to going in circles, if people kept remarking about the weird Russian stuff then it makes it all about the politics and not her or her claims, which then just cycles back to the previous two points for why people don't want to do that.

I honestly don't even know why you felt compelled to post that (you really do seem to have some weird innate need to play devil's advocate or at least consider yourself in that light). Plus, both can be true. Meaning she was willing to start this for personal gain and then Russia saw an easy exploitable political asset (which is exactly how they approaced the Turmp situation, and multiple others). But since her claims and other behavior that is entirely specific to her claims shows reason not to trust her without solid evidence (which has been consistently questionable), there's not even a reason to delve into that. If the basic aspects are problematic you don't even need to speculate about larger motivations.

If you wanted to make a theory that people might seem to be resisting, I'd say consider the weird pro-Russian stuff to potentially be a red herring, so that she (or someone paying her for the claims) could dismiss people that try and refute her as being politically motivated/blinded by anti-Russian mentality. Or perhaps her goal was to get the Russian money, feeling that was the easiest path towards profiting. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see her do a total 180 and say she was honeypotting the Russians or right wingers, to try and help Biden.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

In other words, yes?

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
There is a fine line between investigating and intentionally discrediting, but it also doesn’t account for the fact that before the investigation was complete and under comparable and nearly equivalent circumstances, Democrat politicians rallied around Dr. Ford but dismissed and accused Reade of being a liar, nor does it change the fact that Biden allowed the female candidates vying for the VP slot do the dirty work for him.
When you understand what credibility means, you will understand the difference between Dr. Ford and this. There is no accusing Reade of being a lier, she is a lier, which she has proven beyond a doubt herself by her own doing, and her own actions.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Er...who's resisting that theory? Other than people doing that simply to dismiss questions about Reade.

I think there's 3 reasons people aren't pushing that:
1. Its dismissive of sexual assault victims and listening to their claims.
2. It plays into the hands of people claiming people are dismissing her out of political motivated reasoning.
3. Those people are prone to going in circles, if people kept remarking about the weird Russian stuff then it makes it all about the politics and not her or her claims, which then just cycles back to the previous two points for why people don't want to do that.

I honestly don't even know why you felt compelled to post that (you really do seem to have some weird innate need to play devil's advocate or at least consider yourself in that light). Plus, both can be true. Meaning she was willing to start this for personal gain and then Russia saw an easy exploitable political asset (which is exactly how they approaced the Turmp situation, and multiple others). But since her claims and other behavior that is entirely specific to her claims shows reason not to trust her without solid evidence (which has been consistently questionable), there's not even a reason to delve into that. If the basic aspects are problematic you don't even need to speculate about larger motivations.

If you wanted to make a theory that people might seem to be resisting, I'd say consider the weird pro-Russian stuff to potentially be a red herring, so that she (or someone paying her for the claims) could dismiss people that try and refute her as being politically motivated/blinded by anti-Russian mentality. Or perhaps her goal was to get the Russian money, feeling that was the easiest path towards profiting. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see her do a total 180 and say she was honeypotting the Russians or right wingers, to try and help Biden.

Point of clarification: I never play devil's advocate. I exclusively advocate my own opinion. I've never met this devil person, so I have no motivation to advocate for him.

Maybe it isn't the best approach to emphasize the possible Russia connection here for the reasons you gave, but there is nonetheless a logical case for it. One which no one had made in 108 pages of this thread so far.

As to why I posted about it, I don't know. Why does anyone post their opinion on anything? Maybe I just wanted to remind people that the Russians are in play in this election cycle, and this is absolutely not the last we've seen of it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Ok. I don't want to speak for others but feel comfortable asserting that no one would disagree that, if these cases are truly analogous, then they have been handled with hypocrisy along partisan lines, and that it is of great importance that claims of sexual violence be equitably examined and with respect to those who may be victims.

So the nature of our disagreement then rests purely with what the majority of posters here including myself see as clear and convincing in the credibility of these accounts which have only grown wider over time whereas you do not see the same differences affecting credibility enough to break with seeing these cases as analogous.

Reactions: Starbuck1975