The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
6321679_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Astro Gaming - A40 TR Wired Stereo Gaming Headset for PC with MixAmp Pro TR Controller

$209 with price match & $10 rewards.

Sounds fantastic AND actually FITS my big fat head!!! :p

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got a Moto E and a Walmart Family Plan or whatever they call it for my home internet connection. 30GB hotspot, vs the 12GB I was getting from Boost, and when that gets used up, it throttles to 2g speed, whereas Boost just cut you off til next billing cycle. Same cost($50/month).

The Moto E is a pretty nice phone for $60. I haven't given it a good workout as a phone, and probably never will, but I'll consider Motorola for my next work phone when the time comes. I was reading some reviews on it, and the consensus was you could get a better phone for $50-$100 more. Yea, no shit. The review(release) price was $150. You usually do get something better when you pay 30%-75% more. Where do they get these yahoos from?! I'm pretty sure everyone's aware that they'll get a better car buying a Lexus instead of a Corolla. You buy the Corolla either cause you don't care, or you don't have money. It's not that useful saying you get more by paying more.

Reactions: Johnny Ringo

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Aristar frames to replace/duplicate the ones I broke, $83. My local place would have 1) charges me $200+ or 2) wanted me to get new frames and lens to match...$700+...nope. I just ordered these lens a few months back because I'd scratched the old ones.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I need to get new glasses. I've wanted to go to walmart, but the eye place was covid closed for a long time. They're open now. Walmart is convenient, and you get what you pay for. IOW, the glasses aren't great but you don't pay much either. It's neither a great value nor a ripoff.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I need to get new glasses. I've wanted to go to walmart, but the eye place was covid closed for a long time. They're open now. Walmart is convenient, and you get what you pay for. IOW, the glasses aren't great but you don't pay much either. It's neither a great value nor a ripoff.
Previous pair were from costco, $300 with the exam. They were never right. "The lens match the prescription." Well, the script is wrong, dummy. So I went to a local place an paid a bunch but I can see.

Dec 10, 2005
Just got a basic phone holder to use with my telescope, to take some quick shots of the moon and maybe some planets with my Pixel 3a.

Definitely won't be able to do any longer exposure/tracking/stacking stuff, but I don't want to go down the astrophotography hole.

David Cameron

Jun 25, 2021
Ordered a new chair

Corsair T3 Rush, I wanted something with fabric instead of PU leather.

My previous chair is ~6 years old and a cheap staples executive desk chair with PU leather that has been peeling for a few years now. Over the last 2 years it's also acquired a ~10 degree tilt to the left that's getting annoying (wobbles around and makes a lot of noise)

View attachment 45562
You should try Steelcase brand famous chair Steelcase Leap Fabric. It's the best chair with 4way adjustable armrests and comes in more than 20 colors. But one thing this chair is a little bit expensive if you have a good budget then go for Leap Fabric.

Mar 11, 2004
You should try Steelcase brand famous chair Steelcase Leap Fabric. It's the best chair with 4way adjustable armrests and comes in more than 20 colors. But one thing this chair is a little bit expensive if you have a good budget then go for Leap Fabric.

Wow, I get that you have more free time now, but shilling office chairs on a low activity tech forum is quite the fall for a former PM!

• Haha
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Found these Brazilian cashew bon bons in a Brazilian grocery store that delivers. You are looking at 2.5kg of it. I think I had them last in the 90s. No they are not all for me xd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-071749.png
    Screenshot_20210626-071749.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
oh wow, that, that is a good watch. Radio control ?
Nope, no atomic radio sync feature on this model, just a Japanese Quartz movement.

Atomic sync is nice, but most of the models with that feature tend to also have chronographs and other features that will make it a thicker, fatter case and heavier weight. I prefer the thinner and lighter options, but I do like the Eco-Drive system (and anything Titanium helps shave a lil bit off the weight of stainless, heh).

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Edifier R1280DB to replace my car radio power garage sale salvaged Sony speaker.

I was looking at those ... the ancient Logitech 2:1's on my 2ed PC are about to die so I need something to replace them and don't need a sub.

How do you like them so far?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Nope, no atomic radio sync feature on this model, just a Japanese Quartz movement.

Atomic sync is nice, but most of the models with that feature tend to also have chronographs and other features that will make it a thicker, fatter case and heavier weight. I prefer the thinner and lighter options, but I do like the Eco-Drive system (and anything Titanium helps shave a lil bit off the weight of stainless, heh).

I love a cool "techy" watch especially vintage Japanese models ... I have a small drawer full in fact!

And THAT is the issue for me. :confused:

I can no longer tolerate a watch on my wrist no matter how thin/light so I will literally never wear any of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I was looking at those ... the ancient Logitech 2:1's on my 2ed PC are about to die so I need something to replace them and don't need a sub.

How do you like them so far?

Not do until Monday. My bro has 3 sets of edifiers and likes them a lot.

I have a TCL 4k Roku tv with spdif out, so I picked up an startech spdif cable and will see how it goes.

I'll post back tho. My current setup starts the get that speaker buzz when you turn it up too loud. I'll admit it was starting to annoy me. And the prospect of a quality speaker set with Bluetooth from for my phone / Spotify was too much.

Using an old PC psu with a car radio and some salvaged speaker was fun for a few years tho. I still have a similar setup running on the main tv in living room

Reactions: Captante