The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
Unfortunately I just assume I'm dealing with a 100% pure scammer anytime I set foot in any car dealer.

While I'm sure there MUST be an honest and upfront car salesman out there somewhere I've yet to meet them!

O sold cars for about two months at two different dealerships. In both cases I told them I wouldn't sell my soul for their profit and the customers' misery.

Reactions: Captante

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I just received another toy.

I like it OK, but it is my first one from a company called Iron Studios. Most of my Star Wars toys are from Gentle Giant, and they are much better quality wise. Pretty much all of their statues are made from polystone, while this Colossus' base is polystone while the entire figure is made from plastic. Plus, it didn't come with any rubber "bumpers" on the bottom, which is pretty well standard on higher end statues. It also had some small blemishes in the finish right out of the box.

I'll have to really think about if I will purchase anymore figures from this brand. They had some upcoming characters like Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Magneto that looked good, but I'm not sure now. I like it, but wasn't "wowed" with it.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Nov 20, 2009
It is unfortunate that common bike makers I am more familiar with from my college days (e.g. Cannondale) do not state the weight allowances for their products. I like the fact that they've gotten to the minute detail in bike types to offer multiple subcat's for just road bikes alone. I normally would aspire back into endurance road biking--which I loved--but considering my weight maybe competition would better hold up to the physics of my fat, aggressive ass to the less aggressive endurance. Still, it is unfortunate that any aspect of the healthy industry shows people already very healthy, which is like selling sex to ward off fat people.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Are you nuts... wait, you're Canadian, right so yeah, you are nuts. A tandem bike would make me want to go buy a tiny monkey for the second seat and flip off motorists as they illegally go around me.
As in you take up both seats... Don't make me explain jokes...

Nov 20, 2009
While I am big, it is more the density of the material than the volume it occupies. BTW, yesterday I saw someone walk his bicycle up this road. He looked miles healthier than me but also miles lazier than me. This was the massive hill his bike's gears could not handle:
xLameRide.png

In college I would gear correctly, get my ass off the seat and power climb these baby hills. People in Atlanta cry about them and get off and walk there asses up the hill. And this picture 'looks' much more worse than it actually is, but its from Google street view.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
While I am big, it is more the density of the material than the volume it occupies. BTW, yesterday I saw someone walk his bicycle up this road. He looked miles healthier than me but also miles lazier than me. This was the massive hill his bike's gears could not handle:
View attachment 43503

In college I would gear correctly, get my ass off the seat and power climb these baby hills. People in Atlanta cry about them and get off and walk there asses up the hill. And this picture 'looks' much more worse than it actually is, but its from Google street view.
Here’s looking back at you. :p

1619183192751.jpeg

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
View attachment 43503

I can think of a couple reasons that could explain why he decided to walk up. We don't know how far he has to go, or if he was in cardiovascular shape.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Just bought 100 6' t-posts. I get to spend the day replacing rotted out fence posts on my north property line. Hopefully before they fall like dominoes.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
My APC Back UPs 1500's electronics finally fried after 11+ years of use. Trying out this CyberPower unit:

Hopefully, it doesn't suck.
I've been using that cyberpower unit for the last 2 years without issue.

The only real complaint is that it can take a few minutes after my computer restarts before the software detects the UPS is connected.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
A Yamaha CLP-745 in Rosewood. Unfortunately it's backordered 2 weeks so I'll have to wait a while to watch fedex throw the box on the concrete and destroy it like they did to my Acer Predator X35.

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
A new ceiling fan for the master bedroom to replace the very 80s fan there and a metal pegboard kit for organizing my garage workshop!

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I've been using that cyberpower unit for the last 2 years without issue.

The only real complaint is that it can take a few minutes after my computer restarts before the software detects the UPS is connected.
Yes, that got me a couple of time 'UPS not detected' or something like that. Checked the USB cable and just realized it was slow when powering up. Duh.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Replacement roller blind chain. Damn kids broke it and wife promptly threw it away...

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This arrived Saturday and I finally got around to using it yesterday. Pretty cool tool. It's not quite as simple as I first thought so there is a little bit to learn in how to use it efficiently. But it still saved me about 90 minutes removing an amp (12 pins) from a board that took me about 2 hours last week using an iron, wick, and a manual sucker.

SQOZb97.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
This arrived Saturday and I finally got around to using it yesterday. Pretty cool tool. It's not quite as simple as I first thought so there is a little bit to learn in how to use it efficiently. But it still saved me about 90 minutes removing an amp (12 pins) from a board that took me about 2 hours last week using an iron, wick, and a manual sucker.

SQOZb97.jpg

That's a funny-looking nosehair trimmer! :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
My APC Back UPs 1500's electronics finally fried after 11+ years of use. Trying out this CyberPower unit:

View attachment 43514

Hopefully, it doesn't suck.

They're just okay ... I've personally had much better luck with APC or Tripp-Lite.

Only ONE way to find out on the "does it suck" part unfortunately and that's trial by fire ... or hopefully NOT fire lol! In the meantime the best you can do is yank the plug with your PC under heavy load and see what happens/time how long till emergency shut-down.

Seriously the 3 Cyberpower UPS's I've owned all worked well when new/under warranty but failed much sooner then I felt like they should have.

Last edited:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
They're just okay ... I've personally had much better luck with APC or Tripp-Lite.

Only ONE way to find out on the "does it suck" part unfortunately and that's trial by fire ... or hopefully NOT fire lol! In the meantime the best you can do is yank the plug with your PC under heavy load and see what happens/time how long till emergency shut-down.

Seriously the 3 Cyberpower UPS's I've owned all worked well when new/under warranty but failed much sooner then I felt like they should have.
How long was it before you changed the original battery?