The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
You guys buy stuff. I pay Dr's to fix my worn out body parts. Meniscus surgery in the a.m. $5500 duductible for the new year.

Boomer, if I ever have ED, I'll give you a shout.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11 and Ajay

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
You guys buy stuff. I pay Dr's to fix my worn out body parts. Meniscus surgery in the a.m. $5500 duductible for the new year.

Why, so he can properly satisfy your wife? :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

He is just going to stick his cane up your ass, you may as well diy and save the trip.

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
When's the last time you got an eye exam?

Highland spend most of his time with his "high end" clients so whenever a woman with a full set of teeth and less than 300 lbs = hawt to him.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002

I took my mom to the dentist today so they could 3D model her teeth for some major teeth work she needs like implants and bridges. $50k for everything. No dental insurance. I told her I would pay for it. She could probably get the same treatment done in South Korea for like $10k. If it was me, that's what I would do. But I don't want to do that to my mom. I want her to relax and get the treatment here in comfort.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I took my mom to the dentist today so they could 3D model her teeth for some major teeth work she needs like implants and bridges. $50k for everything. No dental insurance. I told her I would pay for it. She could probably get the same treatment done in South Korea for like $10k. If it was me, that's what I would do. But I don't want to do that to my mom. I want her to relax and get the treatment here in comfort.

What a nice son. Even with dental insurance, it would probably still cost $48k.

Reactions: IronWing

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I can call you son, too.

• Haha
Reactions: IronWing and ponyo

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
She wouldn't like going to SK just cause? $10k for the dentist, $20k for a really good time, and $20k left over for whatever.

Reactions: highland145

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
She wouldn't like going to SK just cause? $10k for the dentist, $20k for a really good time, and $20k left over for whatever.

I don't think you want to travel to Asia right now unless you want to stay in mandatory 14 days quarantine camp (if the government even let you in).

But you are right about medical tourism. A lot of US citizens went to Asia for cosmetic and dental plus other medial procedures in Korea and Thailand.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
She would definitely enjoy SK but with covid right now, she would have to do 14 days quarantine in a hotel room . That's $2k fee. Paying money to stay in 300 sq ft room for 2 weeks unable to leave the room is what really makes the experience unpleasant. Then she's free to do whatever so she could enjoy herself but the entire dental treatment will probably take like 4-5 months. If she ever leaves South Korea during that time, she has to repeat the 14 days quarantine process again when she reenters the country. That's the annoying part and major deal breaker. She still haven't got her covid vaccine.

Reactions: lxskllr