The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
I have a 5d Mk3 and it is a nice camera as my first Canon product. I was a Nikon person until Nikon pissed on people during the D600 debacle. But my favorite lens right now is actually a Sigma Art lens and it is a beautiful piece of work. Better than Canon's L line by a margin.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

it should be clear by now I do not know how to use the camera on my phone.
almost feel like a Model M, close enough for me and it is just as loud.
Razer BlackWidow Elite

Last edited:

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
View attachment 31773 Well, I ordered it but I have doubts I'll get it. Canon has discontinued their entire DSLR line in favor of mirrorless. But, being[real] old school, I am comfortable with SLRs in general. So, instead of spending the three grand this originally went for I got it ordered for $1499. Let's just hope the retailer meets the demand. The non-R version already went permanently OOS.
Nice, 50.6 MP Full Frame. Video -1080p. :confused_old:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sony - WH-XB900N Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones

Snagged these last night at the tail-end of the BB Prime-day counter sale for $123 plus tax which is approx half-price.

Been using a set of cheapo Sony's since my ancient Sennheiser 490's (purchased at Comp-USA around 2003) literally fell apart a few months ago so I was due.

Not the absolute best noise-cancelling headphones but pretty darn good so far and a huge upgrade. Really wanted the WH-1000XM4's which had a comparable discount but even on sale they were too rich for my blood.

Reactions: ponyo

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

it should be clear by now I do not know how to use the camera on my phone.
almost feel like a Model M, close enough for me and it is just as loud.
Razer BlackWidow Elite

I nearly went with one of those myself .... came down to that (but with wrist-rest) or the Logitech Orion G910.

Ended up going with the Logitech mainly because I didn't want to deal with yet another buggy software utility and I already use Logitech G-Hub.

Also it was on sale for $79 and I had $10 in rewards!

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I nearly went with one of those myself .... came down to that (but with wrist-rest) or the Logitech Orion G910.

Ended up going with the Logitech only because I didn't want to deal with yet another buggy software utility. (already use Logitech G-Hub)

Elite does come with a wristrest, magnetically attached. I just didn't put it on before I took the video.

Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Snagged these last night at the tail-end of the BB Prime-day counter sale for $123 plus tax which is approx half-price.

Been using a set of cheapo Sony's since my ancient Sennheiser 490's (purchased at Comp-USA around 2003) literally fell apart a few months ago so I was due.

Not the absolute best noise-cancelling headphones but pretty darn good so far and a huge upgrade. Really wanted the WH-1000XM4's which had a comparable discount but even on sale they were too rich for my blood.

I am still using my Beyerdynamics DT-770 from 2008. it was on sale for 108 back then. I don't think I used it at all til maybe a couple of years ago.

IMG_20201015_132605.jpg

Last edited:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002

Nice! I didn't know I wanted one until now. I added both to my Amazon cart. I'm going to keep track and see if either goes on sale during BF and maybe buy one.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Nice! I didn't know I wanted one until now. I added both to my Amazon cart. I'm going to keep track and see if either goes on sale during BF and maybe buy one.

They both should ... if possible I suggest going for the 1000's.

Looking at Amazon today I see a fair number of the "Prime-Day" prices are still in effect. (although not the headphones unfortunately)

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
They both should ... if possible I suggest going for the 1000's.

Looking at Amazon today I see a fair number of the "Prime-Day" prices are still in effect. (although not the headphones unfortunately)
ok. I will buy the 1000.

I am not too hot on BT for music.
I'm not audiophile. But I like over the headphones and I prefer wireless.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
it is convenient, but I would rather have the whole sound and no latency

I plan on using them for gaming more than music on the PC at least and they also work fine with a 3.5mm jack so if latency is an issue I'll go that route. I only really care about BT/wireless for use with mobile devices.

I have two relatively minor complaints so far... bass is on the heavy side (but I knew that going in) and it's only possible to save one BT pairing at a time.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I plan on using them for gaming more than music on the PC at least and they also work fine with a 3.5mm jack so if latency is an issue I'll go that route. I only really care about BT/wireless for use with mobile devices.

I have two relatively minor complaints so far... bass is on the heavy side (but I knew that going in) and it's only possible to save one BT pairing at a time.

hook it up to wire when gaming. latency for music is not much of an issue, gaming though is.

I am lusting over a pair of Tannoy Gold 8 xd

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Panaracer Ribmo 700x32c tires for my bike. Very puncture resistant. Plus a Fabric brand bike saddle. My whip is pimped out! Ready to ride on Sunday.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Waterproof winter gloves for shoveling
67mm UV filter
120" projection screen
Showerhead
BT noise cancelling earbuds with 4 mics