The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I knew it! You are Fritzo's alt account!

Is the bullhorn for yelling at your wife from the basement?
Is not! :D

I actually have a connection to one of the founders of Reverend. GREAT guitars. Looking to get one myself one of these days. Kinda nice having something world-class made in my home town :)

Reactions: Cerpin Taxt

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Not very fun, but I think it counts. Ouch!
is it new?
Actually, been a non. Peeps that have an injury have torn the tendon off of the bone. That's a long recovery/pt. Mine is an impingement and wore a hole through the
supraspinatus tendon after 56 years. Sewed the hole up, shaves the clavical, good for 50 more.

I'll let you guys know 2070.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Actually, been a non. Peeps that have an injury have torn the tendon off of the bone. That's a long recovery/pt. Mine is an impingement and wore a hole through the
supraspinatus tendon after 56 years. Sewed the hole up, shaves the clavical, good for 50 more.

swinging that zinc pipe will take a toll.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
New Columbia Ascender Softshell hooded jacket, to replace my old Ascender Softshell that I bought back in Dec.2015.

(Surprisingly, the older coat is in fairly good shape. Just a little snug, and in desperate need of a wash and dry.)

$80 shipped from Amazon. It's arriving sometime tomorrow.

The new coat is a light grey, almost white....the old one is red.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
New flatware. I was going to go for the plain satin finish, but the design grew on me.

Apparently, Liberty Tabletop is the only USA-made flatware manufacturer.

Reactions: lxskllr

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

Ugh, my wife had that surgery - a large calcium deposit caused the damaged. PT sucked and wearing that damn padded sling was frustrating for her. On the plus side, I'm not only good at taking women's clothes off, but also at putting them back on! Good luck with your recovery!

Reactions: highland145

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just picked this up this morning.

4ui3nXL.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Is not! :D

I actually have a connection to one of the founders of Reverend. GREAT guitars. Looking to get one myself one of these days. Kinda nice having something world-class made in my home town :)
The Bass Contour knob is an unexpected delight with fuzz pedals

Reactions: Fritzo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Edifier 1700BT for my computer. Didn’t want a 2.1 system so these looked like a reasonable choice for under $150 ($120 on Prime day). Okay, they aren’t Audioengines, etc, but I have good 5.1 system for music and TV.
444909BC-5E60-4874-BCEC-2BFD8A7866DF.jpeg

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
58f6c96f67911e12c77b86833a7f6ae0.jpg

Sega Saturn Virtua Stick
-Supposedly "junk" but I've had good luck fixing "junk" sticks from Japan and this one used higher-quality parts than the US equivalent

Fatal Fury 2 for PC Engine Arcade CD-ROM²
-I have the Arcade Card Pro, Arcade Card Duo to run this on my various PC Engine systems (original, CoreGrafx, Duo, SuperGrafx, etc).

Capcom Power Stick Fighter
-Missing the cable but I already have an NES cable I found at Goodwill. I recognized it because I already had the SNES cable from the Capcom stick that I found at Goodwill years earlier. :) You might think that the stick is functionally worthless with an NES cable except, well, NES and SNES controllers are electrically compatible. That makes it MORE functional than the SNES cable if you splice some cheap extension cables. I can easily use those two cables with adapters to connect both to an SNES for some 2p action. :) Unfortunately, the American version has inferior components just like that Saturn stick. Despite appearances, I will need to overhaul both with new switches if I want them to match for 2p, which is kind of the point when you get two.

Sega Saturn mkII (white)
-Cost a lot more than the $7.50 white Saturn mark II I got from Super Potato in 2017. That one was also sold as "junk" but worked perfectly!

PI-PD001 PC Engine standard controller
-Already have one but need extra for my Retro Game Restore Clear and Smoke controller shells.

NES/AV Famicom dogbone controller
-I have a bunch of AV Famis to install Hi-Def NES into and, well, this was cheap. They need controllers.

PI-PD002 PC Engine turbo controller
-Already have one but need extra for my Retro Game Restore Clear and Smoke controller shells.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got a haunted cat house for my cats today from aldi. $7, and they like it, so I'm calling it a win.

edit:
It was this one...

11829-detail2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: snoopy7548