The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Four crunchy tacos, a bean burrito, and some cheesy fiesta potatoes. Guess where!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Do you also have the PSIO and GDEMU? I've been thinking about picking them up.
My brother and I have done a bunch of DCHDMI installs for systems with GDEMU and USB-GDROM, so I bought a GDEMU clone to experiment with. I still haven't tried to use my clone, but the systems that were sent to me for DCHDMI install had authentic and clone GDEMUs and they all seemed to work fine.

Haven't done PSIO yet.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Amazon continues to be awesome. I had 2 items in my subscribe and save which weren't due to be delivered this month but I forced it. Then put 3 other things on my S&S delivering this month. Didn't unlock the 15% S&S discount. So I chatted them up and they just gave me $10 credit for the trouble. Would've only been like $4 at most and I don't think doing it that way would qualify me to begin with. Oh yeah it's just toiletry stuff like moisturizer, cleanser, and Renu.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Do you also have the PSIO and GDEMU? I've been thinking about picking them up.

PSIO has been darn-near unobtainium and compatibility isn't perfect so I'm content with CD-Rs and traditional PSX mod chips for the time being. Figure I'll wait until it improves and availability gets better or a legitimate alternative arrives. With the HDMI mod for PSX I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
PSIO has been darn-near unobtainium and compatibility isn't perfect so I'm content with CD-Rs and traditional PSX mod chips for the time being. Figure I'll wait until it improves and availability gets better or a legitimate alternative arrives. With the HDMI mod for PSX I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later.
citrus3000psi tweeted about "PS1Digital" today.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got an instant regret kit from meh! First time with meh, but I've gotten a few bags of crap from woot back in the day. Can't wait to see what junk I get. The bags of crap were pretty much a dud, though I did get a small backpack I like a lot.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Beer nuts are kind of a disappointment. I got them once expecting them to taste like beer, but they're more or less just peanuts, and not a particularly good example.

Running low on pretzels. I've been getting them from here...

and it's most economical buying the bulk size, though you get some breakage. Best pretzels I've ever had. I discovered them at the Amish hardware store. They don't use any fat in the standard pretzel, so they're extra crisp. Also, since they're handmade, they have variability in the pretzels. Some are thicker, and some are thinner, and it can vary in a single pretzel. I like the especially thin parts cause they crisp up nice, but it's good having less favored pieces also, cause it makes the good parts taste especially good. If they were all good, it would just be normal. It's like getting an in-shell peanut that tastes amazing. It stands out from the regular nuts. If they all tasted like that, you'd just acclimate, and it wouldn't be special.

Reactions: highland145

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
A choice strip subprimal, 20 lbs of USDA choice beef back ribs, 6 lbs of big frozen shrimp, a lb can of lump crab meat, carton each of toilet paper and paper towels and on and on.

$600 spent on a thousand worth of items.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Just ordered a Grizzly G1029Z2P dust collector. They're having a 10% off all machines sale and I had a 5% coupon from their latest catalog. This has been on my want-list for a while, and should be a huge upgrade from my shop vac.

I'll probably add a Wynn canister filter at some point.

Now I just need to decide whether to install a sub-panel in my garage, or just run a 240V outlet into the garage. I could do the latter myself, but the sub-panel would probably be the way to go, especially since I would like to have more outlets in my garage.

Reactions: skyking

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I just bought breakfast: a bottle of orange juice and a nachos with cheese at the Circle K. Sometime about life out of balance.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
A few days ago...

10x DCDIGITAL (aka "DCHDMI") HDMI upgrade kits for Sega Dreamcast for $1,300

Two more Sega Dreamcast systems and a few controllers for $90

Flea market today and Goodwill thrift stores...

I now have a lifetime supply of Trident gum for $34. Not kidding.

22 cases.
12 packs in a case.
264 packs.
$0.128 per pack.

14 pieces in a pack.
3,696 pieces.
$0.009 per piece.

My rushed math probably has a mistake in there.

3 old NES controllers for $20

4 jugs of Ocean Spray ruby red grapefruit juice for $1 each.

A metric fuck-load of official Apple USB-C to headphone adapters with boxes for $1.50 each. I suspect someone bought the wrong thing. Probably thought it was a lightning to headphone adapter.

Also got some Apple USB-C to USB-C cables and USB-C to Lightning cables for $1.50 each. Pretty sure these work with new iPad Pro and MacBooks - probably some Android phones too.

DisplayPort to HDMI cable for $0.50
SNES controller extension for $0.50

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I just got my transporter working!
Do you realize how hard it is to get a dilurium conduit???

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Not even Amazon has dilirium conduits.....
China doesn`t even make them.....
as soon as I get it installed it will be like beam me up scotty!! There is no intelligent life down here!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Not even Amazon has dilirium conduits.....
China doesn`t even make them.....
as soon as I get it installed it will be like beam me up scotty!! There is no intelligent life down here!
Did you check Craigslist?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Hmm, a BlueTooth Speaker, by Cambridge Soundworks? I had one of their 2.1 systems, sold by Creative Labs, it was one of the best PC/Multimedia speaker systems that I had heard up until that time. Couple of mini-cubes, and a sub. Together, they sounded great. I knew a friend that had a set of 'em too.
I just bought it for work (they'd buy me one but it would take weeks) for conference calls/Web Ex on my cell phone. When I retire I'll use it in the shower while I am sipping my whiskey.

I

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999