The horror of abortion restrictions

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Blackjack200, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Keep being in denial bro....it's going keep biting your party in the ass. Oh Yeah I'm LOVING it too. :)

2. nehalem256

nehalem256 Lifer

I am not in denial. Romney gain women voters over McCain. Its a fact.

3. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

#53 Ausm, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  4. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

Like almost everything to come out of nehalem's keyboard, it's at best a half-truth.

If Romney got more votes than McCain, it's only because he got more votes overall. The gender gap this year was the largest in history.

5. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Diamond Member

What a terrible story. I hope her family sues for negligence. If she was miscarrying in the hospital, they had to treat her regardless of their religious crap, why have a hospital if you refuse to treat a medical emergency?

This story isn't even about Pro-Choice, its about putting your foolish pride aside and doing the right thing. Not letting some woman die of septicemia because you're "Catholic" and refuse to abort a pregnancy that is already naturally being aborted.

#55 SheHateMe, Nov 14, 2012
  6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Diamond Member

It's a society which believes lives shouldn't be needlessly destroyed, yes. If religious belief advances such a society, then count me among the religious.

7. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

The telltale sign of a civilized first world nation is reproductive rights for women.

Christian Taliban need to piss off to Saudi Arabia where they would fit in better.

8. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Diamond Member

So you think a fetus in the early stages of development = a life?

9. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Diamond Member

Not if it infringes upon my Religion. My Holy Book says what people should be able to do, anyone not willing to comply will be suppressed.

10. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

Oh ya, that's the gold standard everyone uses.

11. dank69

dank69 Lifer

46% of women are of below average intelligence.

12. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

So Ireland isn't civilized?

13. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

What does Religion have to do with Societies laws?

14. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

When you calculate the standard of living in a country this is one of the first signs of religion not dictating a society.

15. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

Think about that one...

16. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

Ireland is a Catholic fundie country, they have a long history of leaning on the church against the Anglo Protestants. So yes, they are a bit barbaric still like that because of geopolitics (and imperialism)

Occupation and exploitation are destructive to a society and creates reactionaryism, thus the establishment clings to religion and the Pope.

They also have a lot of terrorism, bombs going off in pubs, assassinations over Protestant/Catholic religions.

Ever heard of the IRA?

Security services are struggling to get a grip on the growing terrorist problem in Northern Ireland

#66 Steeplerot, Nov 14, 2012
  17. dank69

dank69 Lifer

I don't have to think about it. If you have to think about it, you don't get the joke and should just move on.

18. Atreus21

Atreus21 Diamond Member

The same affect that any institution has on laws. If an institution serves to influence society, which I'd say religion does, then we can certainly say it influences the laws which that society crafts.

19. Spungo

Spungo Diamond Member

Humans seem to like dogs more than they like other humans. Look online for news stories about animal abuse such as throwing a dog out of a moving car. Many of the comments will call for the guilty persons to be executed.

The republican war on christianity needs to stop. Let us practice our relgion and leave us alone already.
    http://bible.cc/psalms/137-9.htm
    It's great that you're a muslim or hindu or whatever but leave us Christians alone.

Probably because you'll have kids around age 30 to 40. The anti-choice people are big time supporters of having kids around age 15.

Killing your own children is option B because they can be thrown away via adoption. Such an option does not exist when dealing with pregnancy. Not many doctors will agree to cut a woman open so she can put her fetus up for adoption.

20. Mursilis

Mursilis Diamond Member

I do. A fetus represents a living being with an independent genetic code and will usually, absent the actions of another, grow into an adult human being.

21. nehalem256

nehalem256 Lifer

And pro-choice people are big time supporters of leaving important life choices up to pregnant teenagers. Probably because of their demonstrated ability to make good choices :D

The telltale sign of a liberalism is their need to use euphemisms for abortion. I wonder why they are so afraid of that word?:confused:

22. soulcougher73

Im a pro all those things. drugs, prositution and abortion.

23. soulcougher73

I think you should be able to abort up to like the 3 month mark. You had a choice until that point. After that you are going to have the baby since you chose not to abort it. Adoption is on the table now, or keeping it.

So its still pro-choice but with a dead line. 3 months is plenty to decide.

24. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Diamond Member

That is still at least 30000 women that have died over the years...just sayin'

25. DCal430

DCal430 Diamond Member

You can get an abortion on demand until the moment of birth in the U.S for any reason, we have the most lax laws on abortion in the western developed world.