[The Hill]Trump and Putin Held Second Informal Meeting During G20

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...utin-held-second-informal-meeting-during-g-20

So this apparently happened... and the two of them only had a translator in the room with them. No other representative of the U.S. was present.

Someone quickly tell me how this is Obama's/Clinton's/Congressional Dem's fault! Tell me how there's nothing wrong with it! Tell me about some time when someone did something remotely similar and that makes this reasonable.

Then, if you are that someone, go to hell.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...utin-held-second-informal-meeting-during-g-20

So this apparently happened... and the two of them only had a translator in the room with them. No other representative of the U.S. was present.

Someone quickly tell me how this is Obama's/Clinton's/Congressional Dem's fault! Tell me how there's nothing wrong with it! Tell me about some time when someone did something remotely similar and that makes this reasonable.

Then, if you are that someone, go to hell.

In all fairness it's pretty embarrassing to talk about pee sex tapes with anyone else in the room.

Reactions: Aegeon and cytg111

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Perhaps a bit of hyperbole...but do you want to get IMPEACHED?? This is how you get impeached especially in light of the ongoing investigations in Russian interference and collusion.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
no.... no. there will be none of that. Instead, more golfing!

with carts because we SAF ain't walking

Reactions: cytg111

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
Small mind exercise:

WHAT IF THE RUSSIANS AREN'T THE ENEMY !

It's peace time, you know. Not war. McCarthy has died decades ago.
There are worse countries and dictators than Russia. You might not like Putin, but after the Russians got a taste of what capitalism would bring them, during the mid-nineties, they actually vote for Putin. It's democracy at work. Now look at your buddies Saudi-Arabia, Turkey. If you can be friends with them, you can be friends with the Russians too.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I think it's now safe to stop saying it's "news" that members of the tRUmp campaign/admin met with russians. About the same shock level as "hey, there was a baseball game today" from ESPN.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Yeah guys, what if they aren't our enemies? They were trying to help us all along, we just couldn't see it. They hacked us because they love our freedom.

Small mind exercise:

There are worse countries and dictators than Russia. You might not like Putin, but after the Russians got a taste of what capitalism would bring them, during the mid-nineties, they actually vote for Putin. It's democracy at work. Now look at your buddies Saudi-Arabia, Turkey. If you can be friends with them, you can be friends with the Russians too.

Reactions: jackstar7

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Small mind exercise:

What ifs nice.

Unfortunately in the real world they are your enemies.

You have sanctions against them.
They are involved in political and economic cyber attacks against you.
They have invaded one of your allies.
They are fighting on the opposite side in a theatre of war you're involved in.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Small mind exercise:

As I laid out in the OP: you may now proceed to hell, sir.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah guys, what if they aren't our enemies? They were trying to help us all along, we just couldn't see it. They hacked us because they love our freedom.

They just want what's best for America!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
What ifs nice.

They are also carrying out cyber warfare against multiple allies and are working hard to undermine the Western democratic alliances on their way back to domination of Eastern Europe, the Near East and Central Asia.

But other than that it's all peaches and cream.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What ifs nice.

Point of order- Ukraine is not an ally. Other than that, you're correct.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
What ifs nice.

In all fairness to the russians, the centrist democrats did restart that war to get some votes at the margins. Unfortunately for the rest of us they lost to Putin.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Point of order- Ukraine is not an ally. Other than that, you're correct.

To be more accurate it was the aggressive NATO push to ally with Ukraine that motivated Putin to install a puppet government here instead.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Again more bad decisions by trump.

"
That Trump was not joined in the conversation by his own translator is a breach of national security protocol, according to Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group, though one that the president likely would not know about."

This guy has not one lick of sense, common or not. I am embarrassed for my fellow Americans, and for the rest of the world for that matter.

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
And that is proof of what ?
EU has sanctions against them. Most people in my country are not happy out that. We lose 1-1.5 billion euros sale per year, because we are forbidden to trade with Russia by the European Commision (which we didn't vote for btw, they appoint themselves).

Still haven't seen proof it was the Russian state. Because there is no proof.
All countries spy and cyber attack against each other.
US fuckers were eavesdropping on cellphones of their ally's leaders. (Merkel, remember that ?). And evidence on more cases.
Should the EU start sanctions against the US now, because we caught you red-handed ?

The Ukraine is not my ally. And most people in my country do think the same. We had a referenda, and we don't want agreements with the Ukraine, and we certainly don't want them in the EU. Their previous government might have been a bunch of assholes. Their current government is an even bigger bunch of assholes.

Or are you talking about the Crimea ? There was a referendum them, a huge majority (90%-95%) of voters want to join Russia. You might not like it, but that referendum was real. I guess you only like democracy when everything goes your way ? Did Crimea really got invaded and occupied ? Normally when a country does that, there is resistance. Some of the occupied Europeans fought for 5 years guerilla against the Germans. Did you ever hear about the resistance in the Crimea ? Ever ? No ? Maybe because the Crimeans are happy they are not part of Ukraine.

When I grew up, everybody told everybody that the Russians where the enemy. 45 Years of Cold War. People were really scared. Politicians (US politicians) used a constant fear of nuclear war to achieve their goals. In the end, it turned out the Russians were more scared of us than we were of them. Their military power was nothing. Ordinary Russian people are just like European ordinary people. Whenever I see a street-interview with ordinary russian people, I actually find them a lot more sympathetic, and also smarter, than the average americans I see.

The Russians are not my enemy. Neither are they your enemy.
In 2014 during the Olympics we were all buddies with Russia. Suddenly something happened (and not only the fact that the US and EU supported a violent coupe in Kiev against a democratically elected governement). Some people think they can make a lot of money in the Ukraine (Jo Biden's son is one of them).

Somebody wants you to believe that we are at war with Eurasia. That we've always been at war with Eurasia.

Somebody has been spinning the news very hard during last 3 years. And you all have been eating it little good little civilians. It drives me nuts.

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
- Well if Putins idea of being a friend is to serve up Trump as POTUS, then ill take a pass on that friendship.
WTF ?

Are you proud Americans ? Land of the free and the home of the brave ?
You're whining like a bunch of pussies.

Clinton lost the elections because the Democrats fucked up. They underestimate Trump. They pushed Clinton as their candidate, because "it was her turn". In stead of following true democratic principles. The democrats failed to point out what Republicans have done under Reagan, Bush and Bush. How a new Republican government is gonna make life miserable for the majority of US voters. (Trump is not the danger. He's just a clown. The Republicans are the danger).

But now, it seems Democrats and their voters are gonna whine about how "we got robbed!".
They fvcked up. Own up to it. Go back to doing politics in stead of trying to win just by marketing and advertising and meaningless rethoric. Forget about Russia. Focus on how the Republicans are gonna get thousands of people killed because of lack of healthcare. Show how middle-class incomes are going down. Show how only the rich get tax-breaks. Show the US people how the Republicans want to make life more unfair. Do you job. Forget about Russians.

Reactions: Indus

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
WTF ?

Clinton lost the elections because the Democrats fucked up. They underestimate Trump. They pushed Clinton as their candidate, because "it was her turn". In stead of following true democratic principles. The democrats failed to point out what Republicans have done under Reagan, Bush and Bush. How a new Republican government is gonna make life miserable for the majority of US voters. (Trump is not the danger. He's just a clown. The Republicans are the danger).

But now, it seems Democrats and their voters are gonna whine about how "we got robbed!".
They fvcked up. Own up to it. Go back to doing politics in stead of trying to win just by marketing and advertising and meaningless rethoric. Forget about Russia. Focus on how the Republicans are gonna get thousands of people killed because of lack of healthcare. Show how middle-class incomes are going down. Show how only the rich get tax-breaks. Show the US people how the Republicans want to make life more unfair. Do you job. Forget about Russians.
Nope.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
He probably sold Alaska back to them for a very very beautiful price.

Seriously though this is incredibly irresponsible at best. He's basically daring the GOP house to pass Russia sanctions now...which could end up his only major legislative "achievement" of the year. I wonder if he'd veto it..

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
WTF ?

Wtf.
1st. Not an American.
2nd. One does not exclude the other, you make valid points about what should be dems loud agenda but that does not negate what happened during the US election and whats happening in european elections right now.
It would be a fuddernaught of epic proportions to "forget russia" in this wake of russia pushing boundaries EVERYWHERE.. by land sea air and by cyber. Crimea, really? With a voter turnout at 90% for 90% in a poulation thats always in the 40% ballpark... And of course you had the spesnaz in the region weeks before just like in eastern ukraine.. if memory serves me they even caught a few of them. Yea, sure, free elections and democracy all the way - Putin style.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
To be more accurate it was the aggressive NATO push to ally with Ukraine that motivated Putin to install a puppet government here instead.

Nato wooed both Ukraine & Georgia even as Russia depended on Ukraine for strategic bases in Crimea. Yanukovych was their guy in Ukraine. Ukraine fell into disarray & the Ukrainian Right Front served as muscle for a revolution, ousting Yanukovych. Moscow saw that they were no longer reliable partners so they seized Crimea bloodlessly. It's 85% Russian, so they were probably happy to get away from what was happening in Kiev. Putin went even further, sponsoring an "uprising" in the Donbass, home to industries of strategic importance to Ukraine.

The poor bastards in Ukraine have been getting screwed by the Russians, their own corrupt oligarchs & western bankers as well. It's been a grand looting spree. The whole point of sanctions is to force Putin into making Ukraine a deal they can live with.

Reactions: UNCjigga