The Haunted v2.5 for UT3 is out

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
why is nobody else complaining about the weapon sounds? they sound pathetic and wimpy and even cranking the volume doesnt help. this is the only game I have an issue in something is wrong with it.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
One more thing on this and I'm going to just leave this thread be.

Personally, it annoys the hell out of me that the Tab key brings up the console instead of showing the scoreboard. Also, when I go to kick in the game by hitting 'q', I constantly hit the Tab key, bringing up the console, making the game unplayable until I hit Tab again to turn it off.

You can place the scoreboard in the Tab key. Here's how. (credit to Klementh on the Steam forums)

That's what I've done to my UTInput.ini and it works. (...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config):

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=F11
TypeKey=F10

[Engine.PlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Tab",Command="ShowScores | Onrelease ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Tab",Command="ShowScores | Onrelease ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx
One more thing on this and I'm going to just leave this thread be.

Personally, it annoys the hell out of me that the Tab key brings up the console instead of showing the scoreboard. Also, when I go to kick in the game by hitting 'q', I constantly hit the Tab key, bringing up the console, making the game unplayable until I hit Tab again to turn it off.

You can place the scoreboard in the Tab key. Here's how. (credit to Klementh on the Steam forums)

That's what I've done to my UTInput.ini and it works. (...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config):

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=F11
TypeKey=F10

[Engine.PlayerInput]

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]

I always do custom key bindings for every game I play. Melee I always have binded to a mouse button for quick access.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
okay, i take back my bashing of this mod. i decided to give it another try and got the 2.5 and i enjoyed it much more than before. i wish there were more maps though.

has anyone found all the hidden weapons (ice gun, nade launcher, flame thrower, sniper rifle) for each map? canyon i did, but for lost temple i can't find the flame thrower and stronghold, i can only find the ice gun.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I played this for a bit yesterday. Not bad, but I could not find many people online. There seem to be 4 different game modes; does anyone have any opinions on which is best/most popular?

KT

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I played this for a bit yesterday. Not bad, but I could not find many people online. There seem to be 4 different game modes; does anyone have any opinions on which is best/most popular?

KT

I think Survival is probably the most popular, that's the only one I can usually find people playing in at least.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx

KT

I think Survival is probably the most popular, that's the only one I can usually find people playing in at least.

Cool. I'll try it out again tonight. Hopefully I can find some ATers out there. I need to change my buttons too, I kept getting all messed up with my controls; has a different feel than I'm used to.

KT

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Cool. I'll try it out again tonight. Hopefully I can find some ATers out there. I need to change my buttons too, I kept getting all messed up with my controls; has a different feel than I'm used to.

KT

I was just on and if you choose Survival I found 6 servers running it, 4 with people on them.

I'm going to log back in now and play a bit, might be on a little later, just depends on things.