The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 109 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
The Gov't held up their end of the bargain. Stephen Ayres only received 2 years probation for his testimony.

His buddy that went with him committed suicide. He lost other friends, family, and a job. He incurred criminal charges, and has now testified to congress to save his own ass. All for an orange make up wearing sociopath that plays golf almost every day, and continues to radicalize more gullible idiots.

This timeline sucks.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Here you can check what has happened to 880 individuals charged. What they were charged with, if their cases have been settled, what the sentences have been, etc. Lots have been given no jail time.

Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Here you can check what has happened to 880 individuals charged. What they were charged with, if their cases have been settled, what the sentences have been, etc. Lots have been given no jail time.

Weird infographic they use to show the data. Looks like one of those tests for colour blindness. Some web-designer's learned a new trick and is determined to use it.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Weird infographic they use to show the data. Looks like one of those tests for colour blindness. Some web-designer's learned a new trick and is determined to use it.

Yeah, I just ignored that and went for the defendant list.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
CNN: Jury finds Doug Jensen guilty of all seven charges
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Doug Jensen, one of the most recognizable faces at the front of the crowd that stormed the US Capitol on January 6th, 2021 has been found guilty of all seven charges against him at a trial in Washington, DC. The verdict was returned around 4:45 pm Central on Friday after hours of deliberation. He will be sentenced at a later date. He remains in federal custody in Washington, D.C.

210109135401-booking-photo-douglas-jensen-super-tease.jpg

Bye Bye Dougie.
Another victim of Donald Trump. And Donald Trump still walks free. Doug, Trumpies, beginning to see how this works? The big mouth who talked you into this is not the one paying the price, YOU ARE.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Kyle Young, who pled guilty in May, was sentenced to 86 months for assaulting police officer Michael Fanone. He "was the individual who handed another rioter the stun gun used to electrocute Fanone. Young then showed the individual how to operate the device."

Glad to see a pretty stiff penalty meted out to this one.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Kyle Young, who pled guilty in May, was sentenced to 86 months for assaulting police officer Michael Fanone. He "was the individual who handed another rioter the stun gun used to electrocute Fanone. Young then showed the individual how to operate the device."

"As Fanone walked back to his seat in the courtroom, one man sitting in the audience called Fanone a “piece of s**t” and was quickly removed from the courtroom by a deputy US Marshal. "

That's Antifa for ya!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
"As Fanone walked back to his seat in the courtroom, one man sitting in the audience called Fanone a “piece of s**t” and was quickly removed from the courtroom by a deputy US Marshal. "

That's Antifa for ya!

i would feel real bad if that guy accidentally tripped down a set of granite stairs.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Two Texas men, Lucas Denney and Donald Hazard, who prosecutors say formed their own militia group called the "Patriot Boys of North Texas," were arrested Monday (Dec 13,2021) for allegedly assaulting police officers during the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

Denney pled guilty in March and today was sentenced to 52 months. 👍

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/28/politics/lucas-denney-january-6-rioter-sentenced/index.html

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Trial started today for 5 members of the far right militia Oath Keepers who participated in Jan 6 activities and who are charged with seditious conspiracy (a charge you don't often see) as well as other charges. Let's see how this goes.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But lawyers are stupid. Tried to move case out of DC. That got rejected. Apparently they will also argue that most of them didn’t even enter the capitol. Umm their are being charged with organizing this riot, not just participating in it dumb lawyers.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Jeremy Bertino, a Proud Boy, pled guilty to seditious conspiracy today and he wasn't even in Washington on Jan 6. He is going to be cooperating with the justice department regarding the rest of the Proud Boys involvement. He can get 5 years even with the plea deal. He was a leader and participated in the planning meetings.

Hopefully his testimony will sink the others.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Munn family of 5 sentenced!

14 freakin days???? :rolleyes:
I got more time than THAT back in grade school for pulling Becky Panchi's pigtails.
Apparently, the sanctity of our democracy isn't worth a plugged nickel.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
The mother of this family said before sentencing “I was looking for somebody to show me proof that our election was going to be secure.”

Yeah, most of us look for answers from national politicians by climbing into a locked building through a broken window along with a mob of people. :rolleyes:
As if there isn't already shitloads of evidence that the election was secure, I don't think there's anything in the world that would convince her. Even if trump straight up admitted he lost the election and it was clean she'd probably start thinking he was compromised by the deep state or a body double or some stupid shit.

The only thing these people were looking for was to force their view on the election, that it was stolen and fraudulent, I don't think they would happy with any other outcome.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
The mother of this family said before sentencing “I was looking for somebody to show me proof that our election was going to be secure.”

Yeah, most of us look for answers from national politicians by climbing into a locked building through a broken window along with a mob of people. :rolleyes:
I came here to post this story. How many more times are we going to see these bogus excuses from guilty people?

“I was looking for somebody to show me proof that our election was going to be secure,” Dawn Munn said. “If we don’t have a secure election, we don’t have a country. This is a country by the voice of the people.”

This is such garbage it makes me want to puke. She wasn't there looking for proof of a secure election. She was there to cause a riot and disrupt democracy. People like this could literally county every vote by hand and validate every vote and see Biden came out on top and still somehow allege that the election was stolen.

In explaining his reason for traveling to DC, Thomas Munn told the judge he had never been political before but “I just kept watching what was happening on the news, and I felt we should speak out.”

I'm curious what did she see "happening on the news"? What were her "news" sources?

From Wikipedia:
Borger and Hutchinson County are among the strongest Republican voting districts in Texas and the nation, having cast GOP ballots at the presidential level in all elections for more than a half century.

Reactions: Pohemi

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
It gets better. She doubled down on her stolen election claim during her sentencing.

"I'm sorry for what happened on January 6," Dawn Munn said, according to CBS News Congressional Correspondent Scott MacFarlane. "I understand this country has been divided between conservative and non-conservative values."

"I do not understand why our election is not secure," Munn continued. "If we don't have a secure election, we don't have a country."

According to MacFarlane, she then doubled down, asking why no one had answered her question. Munn later said she would never enter the Capitol building again, according to MacFarlane, but added. "I did feel I had a right to ask for an explanation for how our election is secure."

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Today Albuquerque Head, who dragged Officer Michael Fanone into the attacking crowd on Jan 6 after telling Fanone “I’m going to get you out of here” was sentenced to 90 months.

More would have been better.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Damn he actually is testifying. But apparently will play the sympathy card. He got emotional and choked up when recapping his recount of Jan 6. He also wanted to portray himself as an upstanding citizen because he got law degree from Yale. Failed to mention he got disbarred though

• Haha
Reactions: esquared and Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Damn he actually is testifying. But apparently will play the sympathy card. He got emotional and choked up when recapping his recount of Jan 6. He also wanted to portray himself as an upstanding citizen because he got law degree from Yale. Failed to mention he got disbarred though

when you start using words like omission, half the populations eyes glaze over and they start yelling