The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 111 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
One down, four to go...

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes convicted of seditious conspiracy
From CNN's Hannah Rabinowitz and Holmes Lybrand

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes has been convicted by a Washington, DC, jury of seditious conspiracy for orchestrating a far-reaching plan to stop the peaceful transfer of power after former President Donald Trump lost to Joe Biden in the 2020 election.
The conviction is a win for the Justice Department, which has argued that the US Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, was more than just a political protest that got out of control — but rather a violent attack on the seat of American democracy and an effort to keep Biden out of the Oval Office by any means necessary.
There are four other defendants facing multiple charges; the verdict is still being read in court.

Last edited:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Two down, three got off.

Jury acquits some defendants of seditious conspiracy

The jury has convicted Kelly Meggs of seditious conspiracy in addition to Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes.
The three other defendants were acquitted of that charge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Rhodes got off on a serious charge, dunno why...

Oath Keepers leader acquitted of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes has been acquitted, along with two other defendants, of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, which was the vote in Congress to certify the 2020 presidential election results on Jan. 6, 2021, when rioters stormed the US Capitol.
The other two defendants were convicted of that charge.
The Justice Department has charged about 50 defendants with some form of conspiracy as part of its broader prosecution related to the insurrection, while prosecutors have applied the rare seditious conspiracy charge of which Rhodes was acquitted in fewer cases.
The defendants in the Oath Keepers case face a range of other charges, including the destruction of government property, civil disorder, and tampering with documents.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
No, they didn’t get off. Only 2 guilty of highest charge. But others found guilty of at least 2 of the lower charges.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
No, they didn’t get off. Only 2 guilty of highest charge. But others found guilty of at least 2 of the lower charges.

The charge that really matters to me, and I believe to the future of this country is seditious conspiracy.

Reactions: balloonshark
Feb 28, 2021
tl;dr

Elmer Stewart Rhodes​
Kelly Meggs​
Jessica Watkins​
Kenneth Harrelson​
Thomas Caldwell​
Seditious conspiracyGuiltyGuiltyNot guiltyNot guiltyNot guilty
Obstruction of an official proceedingGuiltyGuiltyGuiltyGuiltyGuilty
Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceedingNot guiltyGuiltyGuiltyNot guiltyNot guilty
Maximum possible sentence60 years86 years56 years46 years40 years

Table does not list all charges brought against each defendant.

Charges in table each carry a penalty of up to 20 years in (federal) prison.

Sentencing date TBD.

Rhodes, Meggs, Harrelson, and Watkins were in prison while awaiting trial and will remain in prison pending sentencing. Caldwell has been and will remain on release pending sentencing.

Maximum possible sentences above are for all charges for which each defendant has been adjudicated guilty and assumes sentences will be served consecutively. Actual sentences are likely to be far less.

There is no parole in the federal system, but inmates can receive credit for up to 54 days per year of their sentence for good behavior.

Elmer Fudd Stewart Rhodes graduated from Yale Law in 2004. He wears an eyepatch because some wascally wabbit he shot himself. In the face. By accident.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
The sad part is, this will be taken by the far right loonies that this is another example of the government oppressing them.

Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If only you knew what the far right actually is.

Please, go on

M50je4f.gif

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and feralkid

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Oh look a pretty picture....

Can you not manage to find out what the far right is or do you need someone to explain it to you? Because todays far right is not actually the far right at all.
what are they then? you brought it up, please explain your thinking

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh look a pretty picture....

Can you not manage to find out what the far right is or do you need someone to explain it to you? Because todays far right is not actually the far right at all.

can you not define it?

if your stance is that the GOP has encouraged and mainstreamed conservative extremism, then we can agree

SlayerOfMead

Aug 11, 2022
what are they then? you brought it up, please explain your thinking

I would be explaining fact not thinking.

This is trolling. You must back up your assertion of "fact" with links from credible sources and your own commentary.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

SlayerOfMead

Aug 11, 2022
can you not define it?

if your stance is that the GOP has encouraged and mainstreamed conservative extremism, then we can agree

Yes I can but you can NOT, you should know your history before posting knee jerk reactions, I have no stance on the Republicans or the Democrats because not one of them nor the MSM can tell the truth if the truth fell out of the sky and wriggled on their faces.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So, we have two found guilty of Seditious conspiracy and a third now running for president? What's wrong with this picture?

But the real fun won't happen until republicans take the gavel come January, then.... house republicans will try everything they can to justify seditious conspiracy. To make seditious conspiracy into a good thing. Make seditious conspiracy into patriotic Americanism at its best.
Believe me, we will soon see that day when Marjorie Taylor Greene stands up in front of the US house and promotes seditious conspiracy.
The fan is about to hit the shet in this topsy turvy upside down world of republican politics.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Lol here we go…

So far we’ve got a “Both sides” bitch and a “I’m not going to tell you because it’s a secret” bitch.

Tell me you are a troll without telling me you are a troll.

it would certainly help his case if he took his own advice