The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 108 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Couy Griffin was convicted earlier this year for trespassing on Jan 6 and now a judge has removed him from his position as a county commissioner. This was the result of a lawsuit asking for his removal on the grounds that he violated the 14th amendment by taking part in an "insurrection" against the government. Part of the ruling is that he is barred from holding any state or federal elected position in the future,

"This is the first time a judge has formally ruled that the events of January 6 were an 'insurrection.' "

I hope it's not the last.

About time.

And yeah, we need a lot more of it.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Thank you, Allisolm.

I did not know where to post the news of the Cowboys for Trump founder.

One thing the republicans have learned from Trump and put into practice is to play the victim., always the whiny ass victim.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One thing the republicans have learned from Trump and put into practice is to play the victim., always the whiny ass victim.
But Damn Man, you are so mean to them and they feel things deeply. Nothing personal though. It's ALL you liberals.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
#902 is interesting, aside from the fact she is the 70th Texan arrested of J6.

She is a lawyer for the Oath Keepers", and is also charged with destroying and hiding potential evidence to obstruct the criminal investigation into the Capitol attack
She's got the crazy eyes thing down pat.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Thank you, Allisolm.

I did not know where to post the news of the Cowboys for Trump founder.

From the link: "I don't think it's fair to accuse me of insurrection," he says. "I didn't have any intent of being a part of an insurrection or a violent mob. My intent of going to Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6 was because I had concerns that our elections had been compromised."

See his feelings? It's not fair that he just had delusional concerns that the election had been compromised and wound up in a similarly delusional crowd committing insurrection against the elected government of the United States for reasons. I mean, how was he to know that in a democracy you don't get to act on your personal opinion based on conspiracy theories that say the election was stolen by the loser of the election. How was he supposed to know that's want insurrection is. Who the fuck knows that? You have good intentions, man, you deserve a pass. Otherwise you would actually have to think about consequences and those just don't apply to exceptional people.

Reactions: Lezunto

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
From the link: "I don't think it's fair to accuse me of insurrection," he says. "I didn't have any intent of being a part of an insurrection or a violent mob. My intent of going to Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6 was because I had concerns that our elections had been compromised."

See his feelings? It's not fair that he just had delusional concerns that the election had been compromised and wound up in a similarly delusional crowd committing insurrection against the elected government of the United States for reasons. I mean, how was he to know that in a democracy you don't get to act on your personal opinion based on conspiracy theories that say the election was stolen by the loser of the election. How was he supposed to know that's want insurrection is. Who the fuck knows that? You have good intentions, man, you deserve a pass. Otherwise you would actually have to think about consequences and those just don't apply to exceptional people.
He isn't a criminal. Only dark-skinned folk are criminals. He just made a mistake.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
2 Proud Boy members who were indicted early in 2021 (the wheels of justice grind slowly) just pled guilty to obstructing the certification of the electoral college vote at the US Capitol. Nicholas Ochs and Nicholas DeCarlo. They're scheduled to be sentenced in Dec to 41 to 51 mo. 👍

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I keep hoping that now that the convicted ones have pled guilty or were found guilty, the government comes back with charges of sedition and/or Insurrection.

Reactions: Meghan54

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
An interview with a Trump supporter by Vice shows this guy doing two sides. He views the murder of the cops as bad, but says he understands why the incident happened.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
What should a lawyer NOT do for their client in court? Scream at the judge!

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
CNN: Man who wore 'Camp Auschwitz' sweatshirt at US Capitol riot sentenced to 75 days in jail

220915150242-02-rioter-camp-auschwitz-sweatshirt-screengrab-medium-tease.jpg

Guess that's the cost for a Nazi taking part in an insurrection.
Hardly seems worth the effort... to indict, that is.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
2 Proud Boy members who were indicted early in 2021 (the wheels of justice grind slowly) just pled guilty to obstructing the certification of the electoral college vote at the US Capitol. Nicholas Ochs and Nicholas DeCarlo. They're scheduled to be sentenced in Dec to 41 to 51 mo. 👍

I hope they whimper when they’re sentenced.

Mar 11, 2004
If at first you don't succeed try, try again.

MAGA rioter attempts to recruit extremists while incarcerated | Salon.com

On Friday, Law & Crime reported that federal prosecutors are warning in a sentencing recommendation that Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, a convicted Capitol rioter with a history of cosplaying Hitler and extremist neo-Nazi ideology, is trying to organize extremists behind bars.

Makes you wonder, is sending these people to prison actually going to accomplish anything or is this like what happened in Iraq where we put terrorists together in jails and that in turn led to the formation of ISIS?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
If at first you don't succeed try, try again.

MAGA rioter attempts to recruit extremists while incarcerated | Salon.com

On Friday, Law & Crime reported that federal prosecutors are warning in a sentencing recommendation that Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, a convicted Capitol rioter with a history of cosplaying Hitler and extremist neo-Nazi ideology, is trying to organize extremists behind bars.

They sentenced him to 4 years. 👍 I would have been happier if they followed the prosecution recommendation of 78 months.

Last edited: