The greatest music video I have ever seen. Koreans please translate.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Differences in culture. You don't really hear about cash this/hoes and bitches that in Asian music culture much.

Nah, there's definitely a market for it, very very ripe. Actually whoever takes this role next will go big.

No one has done this comedic approach to rap since Eminem's debut Slim Shady. That was 12 years ago.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
There's comic rappers, just people don't do it exclusively and there's really not much market for it. MC Chris, Asher Roth, and Goldie Lookin Chain have all done it and MTV had a show almost entirely about it for a little while years ago, it was canceled pretty fast. Scratch and Burn I think.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Nah, there's definitely a market for it, very very ripe. Actually whoever takes this role next will go big.

No one has done this comedic approach to rap since Eminem's debut Slim Shady. That was 12 years ago.

It's been years since I've heard this song on the radio.

OMG did he just type radio???

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Lonely Island is ok, I thought Jizzed In My Pants was brilliant but the ones after that have just fallen kind of flat. The Samberg/Timberlake joints are pretty good though.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
A friend of mine who plays a lot of Starcraft 2 sent me this link the other day. Pretty much the greatest music video ever.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
That SNL kid? Those are just skits. I'm talking about full-blown comedic rapper hitting airwaves.

Lonely Island is three comedians, and they've put out 2 rap albums. They haven't gotten radio airplay, but radio is a dying medium. Social media is the future, and lonely island has been one of the most successful social media groups in internet history. They were making videos before they got on snl, and Lorne Michaels basically just gave them a budget and told to them make videos with snl's guest stars. Samberg is a movie star now because of lonely island.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
One of the guys from The Lonely Island was the director for the recent release, The Watch. All three of them also had cameos in the movie.

As for that group, you can't ignore some of their more popular songs like I'm on a Boat, I Just Had Sex or 3-Way (The Golden Rule). Along the lines of the Asian aspect of this thread, Japan is an amusing song (no music video). :p

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
The staff are like wtf.

On a side note: Do you guys find the video's chick cute/hot?

I bring this up because I can't fvcking stand her. She's so disgustingly fake, it bothers me. Her dyed hair, dyed brows, heavy makeup, unnaturally plastic fake teeth, crappy derp eyes that's caked with makeup. Zero body, flat as hell everywhere.

I haven't lived there for 18 years, don't tell me new gen idiots find that chick 'hot'.

I want to see more of the thicker-legged chick with the black dress (early on but after steam-room).

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
That SNL kid? Those are just skits. I'm talking about full-blown comedic rapper hitting airwaves.

Yeah a band with two comedic albums and their music videos compiling literally a billion hits on youtube is just some SNL kid doing skits.........