The fix is in: Bernie Sanders to sue DNC if access to db isn't restored

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Also remember, Sanders was not a part of the Democratic Party until he wanted to run for president. Sanders was always an independent. The DNC exists for the promotion of the Democratic Party. Sanders never wanted to be a part of the Democratic Party. That the DNC has allowed him any access at all should be taken as a positive.
Excellent point. Bernie is a communist if he's anything at all and contrary to popular belief on the right, Dems are still capitalists - for the most part anyway. They just don't have as much blind faith in the invisible hand of the market.

Bernie is only going to appeal to the far left of the democratic party. It's good that he's a candidate since it keeps the Dems in the news and therefore the minds of voters. But he's a side show and nothing more.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
That is certainly NOT at all what you claimed with your previous post, in which you asserted problematic US constant meddling which caused the locals to hate us was specifically in Afghanistan.

Since you apparently are unaware of this, Afghanistan is not even in the Middle East at all, but in Central Asia (or at least Asia in general). Now you can assert meddling by the US elsewhere in the Islamic world caused eventual consequences for the US in Afghanistan, but that is in fact substantially different than your prior claim.
Post 51 is my original post.. it states Middle East policies.. (it is an uneditied post I might add) my mention of Afghanistan is a reply to Charmonium (also an unedited post) in which the same policies I do not agree with carried over to that country also.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
FALSE. The seeds of ISIS were planted before Obama even got into office.

Stating that AQ and the Taliban were American creations is also FALSE. The Taliban started from muj remnants that got busy fighting eachother after the Soviets were run off. AQ was created during the same hububb as some fighters, especially those from Wahabi lands, saw the US as the new infidel to fight due to our presence in the Sa'udi kingdom. OBL wanted the Sa'uds to show US forces the door and use muj to fight Saddam. Riyadh declined, thinking the US military a safer bet, and OBL's feelings and ego did not take it well. Here begineth the fun.
And if you read my post I didn't say he created them single handed, The statement reads "helped create" That is why we read all the words for context, just like the other guy is failing to do.

The seeds were planted before him and guess what Obama did.. fertilized and watered those seeds. (drones as crop dusters)

Last edited:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Excellent point. Bernie is a communist if he's anything at all and contrary to popular belief on the right, Dems are still capitalists - for the most part anyway. They just don't have as much blind faith in the invisible hand of the market.

Bernie is only going to appeal to the far left of the democratic party. It's good that he's a candidate since it keeps the Dems in the news and therefore the minds of voters. But he's a side show and nothing more.
Bernie is not a communist

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Seriously, people, Sanders is an independent. As an independent he has just as much inherent right to DNC resources as he has inherent right to RNC resources. Understand?

Should the DNC provide resources and database information to Donald Trump? Why is Trump undeserving of the resources and rightfully denied, while Sanders rightfully should sue for access?

When you get right down to the fine details, the argument for Sanders is "I personally support him, therefore he is right."

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
So where is the best place (live streaming) to watch the debate tonight?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
And if you read my post I didn't say he created them single handed, The statement reads "helped create" That is why we read all the words for context, just like the other guy is failing to do.

No actually, I think your context sucks. I see a complete omission of the events and people who were actually involved with the creation of ISIS. Instead you focus on the guy who inherited the sectarian clusterfuck, started by the same guy Obama has wanted nothing to do with - Maliki!

Has the word "create" been altered lately to mean something else? If you want to attribute the creation of ISIS in part to Obama being able to influence events almost 2 years before he took office, well you go right ahead. How exactly does one help out on doing something that already transpired?

Please don't take this to mean I don't think Obama has made his mistakes navigating what has become the new Iraq issue, I'm just tired of hearing people who are still in denial over some of the basics regarding Iraq just decide fuck it, let's blame it on the time traveling Kenyan.

The seeds were planted before him and guess what Obama did.. fertilized and watered those seeds. (drones as crop dusters)

See above, but I think if you look you'll find the Obama admin has had a far more respectable record on Iraqi sectarian violence than what you are insinuating. As in, not promoting it. The use of drones is heavily concentrated in Afghanistan and Pakistan, which is why you'll probably also find that Maliki's US approved/supplied sectarian purges and denying them a political voice is the generally accepted cause the started ISIS in Iraq. Cheney and Co. threw this gasoline on the smoldering fire that was hundreds of thousands of demoralized Iraqi soldiers with no jobs, few prospects, but easy access to weapons.

I have to tell you, I find it incredibly hilarious to listen to people lambast Obama for his insistence on no civilian casualties regarding Syria, to go on and on about how cautious he is, how concerned he is about how his decisions will be seen or reacted to. These same people have been, and still are, trying to convince others that Obama has been acting EXACTLY THE SAME, giving us the SAME RESULTS when it comes to the administration of US interests in the region.

Somehow, the overly cautious, hyper-sensitive politician who is allergic to all collateral and anything that even approaches persecution, would see someone like Maliki, a wanna-be despot with a love of conspiracy theories, ethnic purges, and extra-judicial 'justice,' and as close to Iran as anyone in Iraq - as the person to throw his weight behind.

You can't have it both ways, and there's no facepalm .gif big enough to represent that kind of fail.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Seriously, people, Sanders is an independent. As an independent he has just as much inherent right to DNC resources as he has inherent right to RNC resources. Understand?
It's not just his previous lack of affiliation with the DNC that's the issue though.

Sanders' campaign seized on a glitch in a DNC-housed program to access Hillary Clinton's proprietary data on early-state voters this week. In response, the DNC locked Sanders out of all voter data, including information gathered by his own campaign.

So what really happened was that Bernie got access to proprietary data developed by the Clinton campaign. And Sanders fired his IT chief because of that breach. But they still want to keep access to the data.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Should the DNC provide resources and database information to Donald Trump? Why is Trump undeserving of the resources and rightfully denied, while Sanders rightfully should sue for access?

When you get right down to the fine details, the argument for Sanders is "I personally support him, therefore he is right."

Still trollin'.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
According to the news story I heard, it was Sanders' staff who found the problem and reported it to the DNC. They just couldn't resist digging around in Clinton's data first. I don't have a link handy to verify this, however.

my understanding is that the access restrictions first broke after a database patch in October, at which point the Sanders folks notified the DNC and called it a day.

then the bug occurred again after another patch recently, and this time the Sanders' folks instead were like "fuck it," and 4 staffers spent an hour querying the Clinton campaign's database, including specifically looking for voters flagged as "loose" Hillary supporters (meaning, the ones worth targeting by the Sanders campaign)

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Still trollin'.

Some of the Sanders' supporters on this forum deserve to be trolled ;) So, yea. If I post something factually incorrect, absolutely tear me apart for it. Otherwise, yours and my posts are all fair game.

Is there any serious discussion going on in this thread between individuals that I am disrupting?

Just a reminder of recent history in this thread:

Jhhnn said:
Not likely. Dems haven't adopted rage & resentment as core values.

It must be acknowledged that Righties have shitty & sullen butthurt attitudes about nearly everything, now extended with some righteousness against their own manipulative leadership. They still believe in the same divisive shit that leadership led them to believe, however, creating an opening for Trump's pandering to what they want to hear.

I strongly encourage the right fringe to make a statement, tell us how they feel, let their freak flag fly boldly over the inchoate rage & seething resentment they seem to love so well. The rest of us really need to see it & I believe they'll oblige.

Last edited:

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
So what really happened was that Bernie got access to proprietary data developed by the Clinton campaign. And Sanders fired his IT chief because of that breach. But they still want to keep access to the data.

Sanders wants to keep access to his data, not Clinton's...

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

The best example of what is wrong in US politics is if relatively normal things such as free tuition, equal wages, maternal leave etc...etc.. are associated with "far left", "side show" and even "communism".

But I guess compared to "democrat" Hitlary, anyone who is "more left" than her (which sure ain't difficult) must appear as "extreme left" or "communist" :)

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
the rub is that the Sanders IT director says that the data was saved, and the DNC wants proof that any saved data was destroyed.

Proof? And no Breitbart links please. I haven't read anything stating the data was archived.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Excellent point. Bernie is a communist if he's anything at all

Links to Sanders advocating the communal ownership of the means of production?

Links to him supporting a one party system?

Links to him demonizing the entire concept of profit that isn't him complaining about a system that consolidates wealth into a minuscule group of people?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Sanders wants to keep access to his data, not Clinton's...

Maybe some people need to read the fine print and see who actually owns the data. Make judgments and decisions based on facts, rather than based on who wants to see whom win.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Proof? And no Breitbart links please. I haven't read anything stating the data was archived.

Reports: 4 Sanders Staffers Searched Clinton Data And Saved Files

Audit shows Sanders campaign saved useful Clinton data

Bernie Sanders’ campaign’s breach of Hillary Clinton’s voter data may have been more extensive than previously reported, according to a person with knowledge of investigation.

According to data reviewed by TIME, the Sanders campaign appears to have obtained files with lists of voters that the Clinton campaign had cultivated in 10 early states including Iowa and New Hampshire.

Beyond simply reviewing the data, the logs show the Sanders staffers took deliberate steps to harvest and store the information. According to the logs, the Sanders staff created from scratch no fewer than 24 lists—consisting entirely of data pulled down from the Clinton campaign’s database—and saved them to their personal folders.

Sanders Campaign’s Breach of Clinton Data More Serious Than Disclosed

Dacey’s account also details attempts by one of the aides to delete records to hide his tracks, contradicting Uretsky’s earlier claim that he was trying to establish proof of a data breach, not to peek into the Clinton campaign.

http://www.ibtimes.com/bernie-sanders-campaign-suspends-2-aides-over-clinton-data-breach-2233608

the Clinton campaign released a statement of 4 questions they think the Sanders campaign needs to answer, and they seem reasonable to me.

• Why'd your campaign say you didn't store anything?
  • Why'd your campaign claim it was an accident?
  • Why did the Sanders campaign claim that only one staffer was involved in accessing Clinton campaign data?
  • Why did your campaign claim that the "one staffer" was junior level?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...Four-Questions-Bernie-Sanders-Needs-to-Answer

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yawn. In case nobody else noticed, Bernie apologized during last night's debate & Hillary accepted it. I doubt either campaign will bring it up again but the floggers of dead horses will probably go on about it like Ben-fucking-ghazi.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yawn. In case nobody else noticed, Bernie apologized during last night's debate & Hillary accepted it. I doubt either campaign will bring it up again but the floggers of dead horses will probably go on about it like Ben-fucking-ghazi.

What choice did he have exactly? Either try to defuse it or she would pour it all over him.

While I think the DNC does bear a lot of responsibility they didn't MAKE the Sanders people look at and save data that they knew with total certainty wasn't theirs.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What choice did he have exactly? Either try to defuse it or she would pour it all over him.

While I think the DNC does bear a lot of responsibility they didn't MAKE the Sanders people look at and save data that they knew with total certainty wasn't theirs.

So what? In Bernie's camp, the buck stops with Bernie & he did the right thing. It's not like he instructed his staff to steal the data, bullshit comparisons to Watergate aside.

Hillary still had choices, didn't she? She could have done the Donald, gone all huffy & puffy, but that's not what happened.

This will fade quickly, other than among concern trolls & back biters.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
So what? In Bernie's camp, the buck stops with Bernie & he did the right thing. It's not like he instructed his staff to steal the data, bullshit comparisons to Watergate aside.

Hillary still had choices, didn't she? She could have done the Donald, gone all huffy & puffy, but that's not what happened.

This will fade quickly, other than among concern trolls & back biters.

I'm sure neither wanted to represent themselves as a Trump raging maniac.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

I don't see any. Beating up an old man who just apologized to you on national TV would not have been a sound PR decision.