The Five Absolute Worst Foods You Can Eat

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Proven Science"

Hmmm, thousands of years ago, it was 'Proven Science' (to the best of their abilities at the time) that the world was flat.
400 years ago, it was 'Proven Science' that Newtonian Physics were perfect.
200 years ago, it was 'accepted' by society that if you moved faster than a galloping horse, the flesh would rip from your face.

Our science isn't perfect. I might know something about that, I have a minor in Astrophysics. Anyway, we do the best we can with our current tools and technologies and every generation puts faith in it's science understanding and claims it is correct/perfect.

No doubt many of these foods were manufactured/created with good intentions. But now studies ARE finding that they ARE harmful. In time, that will be 'proven science' but until then, the people saying so will be labeled, "morons, conspiracy theorists, etc".

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
It's amazing how popular junk science is today. Every special interest wants to prove that the holy mantle of science is behind them, even when it clearly is not. Global warming, aliens, ID, evolution with abiogenesis included, second-hand smoke, aspartame, fatty foods, Atkins, you name it. All bullsh!t. Concensus is not science. The plural of anecdote is not data.

:thumbsup:

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
Rip... :sigh;

Not only was the last quack site you posted based on trying to sell something, but this one is, too.

Rip, you REALLY need to consider the source of your info.

Your paste job talks about "taint." Well, both sites you've posted have the ultimate "taint." They are trying to turn you away from proven science and get you to buy their products, none of which are peer reviewed or independently studied, much less approved by the FDA.

Stop looking at quack sites, Rip. It's obvious you have a non-functioning bullsh!t detector.

One thing I've learned is that no one cares about my health more than I do.

I research what I eat and what vitamins/supplements I take.

I had two physicals recently (I changed doctors) and both said I'm the picture of health and not to change ANYTHING I'm doing.

I think I look okay for 45 years old:

Pic

Don't know what else to say to you as you clearly don't have an open mind.

HeaterCore

Dec 22, 2004
If any of you ever heads down to Charlottesville, VA (home of UVA), stop by a little place called The White Spot and pick up a Gusburger. A hamburger with double cheese, mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles, onions...topped off with a gigantic fried egg and served with the greasiest fries on the planet.

After a night drinking I couldn't distinguish the cheap-beer hangover from the cholesterol hangover.

BTW, Rip -- have you ever participated in a thread without saying something screwy, getting in a pointless argument with someone, and then calling them ignorant/closed-minded/etc.?

-hc-

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: HeaterCore
If any of you ever heads down to Charlottesville, VA (home of UVA), stop by a little place called The White Spot and pick up a Gusburger. A hamburger with double cheese, mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles, onions...topped off with a gigantic fried egg and served with the greasiest fries on the planet.

After a night drinking I couldn't distinguish the cheap-beer hangover from the cholesterol hangover.

BTW, Rip -- have you ever participated in a thread without saying something screwy, getting in a pointless argument with someone, and then calling them ignorant/closed-minded/etc.?

-hc-

So you've been here for 5 months and you're an authority?

Have you ever participated in a thread where you added any value and didn't make baseless accusations?

HeaterCore

Dec 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Riprorin
Originally posted by: HeaterCore

-hc-

So you've been here for 5 months and you're an authority?

Have you ever participated in a thread where you added any value and didn't make baseless accusations?

Not just yet, but there's always tomorrow. ;)

-hc-

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Rip... :sigh;

Not only was the last quack site you posted based on trying to sell something, but this one is, too.

Rip, you REALLY need to consider the source of your info.

Your paste job talks about "taint." Well, both sites you've posted have the ultimate "taint." They are trying to turn you away from proven science and get you to buy their products, none of which are peer reviewed or independently studied, much less approved by the FDA.

Stop looking at quack sites, Rip. It's obvious you have a non-functioning bullsh!t detector.

One thing I've learned is that no one cares about my health more than I do.

I research what I eat and what vitamins/supplements I take.

I had two physicals recently (I changed doctors) and both said I'm the picture of health and not to change ANYTHING I'm doing.

I think I look okay for 45 years old:

Pic

Don't know what else to say to you as you clearly don't have an open mind.
Hey you forgot to include your head with that pic

Rob_63

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2003
I live on Pork rinds, Craklins, and fried chicken gizzards all dipped in a genorous heaping helping of Lard. Yum Yum.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: DAGTA
"Proven Science"

Hmmm, thousands of years ago, it was 'Proven Science' (to the best of their abilities at the time) that the world was flat.
You make a good point, but it was NEVER 'proven science' that the earth was flat. Aristotle, for all he was wrong about, knew that the earth was round back in 300 B.C. The Bible says that the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22), clear back in the Old Testament, so the Ancient Hebrews knew about. A Greek mathematician accurately calculated the diameter and circumference of the earth in 500 BC, simply by measuring shadows in different locations at the same time of day and year.

This whole "ancient peoples thought the earth was flat" until Columbus discovered it was round is one of the biggest lies that schools teach our children. That the earth is round is obvious to anyone who has ever looked out over the open ocean, where the curve of the horizon is only 30 miles away.

Sorry, I know it's off topic, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Go climb a mountain and look at the horizon. Watch a lunar eclipse and see the earth's round shadow on the moon. Sail a boat on the open ocean.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Lol,Mercola doesn't know what danger is.. try taking a chocolate bar away from me during that time of the month.Now that is really dangerous !

Btw,I normally eat a lot of chicken,veggies, salad, fruit, raisin bran mixed with non-fat yougurt is my main breakfast meal but I'm not going to deprieve myself entirely of other foods.

Eating isn't just about fuel,it's a textural experience,the colorful sight of attractively prepared meals, the wonderful aroma's, the hanging out together while the meal is prepared, sitting and eating together.. I rather suspect Rip dislikes food because eating
can be such a sensual experience,it probably reminds him of sex and P&N regulars know how he feels about that ;)

It is impossible not to smile when you put chocolate in your mouth ! :D

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
I LOVE apple with peanut butter. I think it tastes better than any sweet junk food.

I'm a big chocolate fan too. Breyers chocolate ice cream with Splenda is awesome and there's some good sugar-free dark chocolate bars.

Not sure what any of this had to do with sex though. ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I LOVE apple with peanut butter. I think it tastes better than any sweet junk food.

I'm a big chocolate fan too. Breyers chocolate ice cream with Splenda is awesome and there's some good sugar-free dark chocolate bars.

Chocolate often leads to sex, at least in my household;)

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Way more information than I want to know. :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

It doesn't work that way with you guys? FYI Chocolate is a known aphrodisiac.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
There also the same danger of having a bean burrito before bed. Actually ther's a couple but they have to do with your bedmate:laugh:

you ever try to pull the "dutch oven " on me again and you die big boy :)
Now that's TMI

Actually if memory serves me right it was more like Danger Will Robinson, danger ! lol :p

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
oh jesus...

talk about $hitting on my parade :)

French Frys are my only weakness...

dont eat chips, sea food, doughnuts...though i do like diet sodas.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000

It doesn't work that way with you guys? FYI Chocolate is a known aphrodisiac.

See ya - (as he runs out of the house to buy a box of chocolates). :D

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

peanut butter and banana is really good too, of course PB and banana nestled between a couple of chocolate covered graham crackers owns !

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

peanut butter and banana is really good too, of course PB and banana nestled between a couple of chocolate covered graham crackers owns !

Have you ever tried PB & honey? That's also good.