The First Gay President

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by boomerang, May 14, 2012.

1. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

Most people appear to think it will be close. Still, I have a hard time envisioning a Romney victory.

2. Don Vito Corleone

We shall see. I don't anticipate a particularly close election, but obviously we have quite a ways to go . . .

3. xBiffx

xBiffx Diamond Member

Only in ATP&N can this go from Obama's a homo to Romney's gonna lose......

4. corwin

corwin Diamond Member

I wouldn't say most...I doubt a Romney victory but the Obama-ites think it's going to be a landslide for the most part, with as sad of an opponent as Romney is that it is likely going to be close shows how bad Obama is...but there's a long time to go in the election year, maybe they can make up/dig up enough stories about Romney hurting dog and gays to crush him completely but I doubt it, I see it coming down to the wire

5. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

I can't say that I've seen many people predicting an Obama landslide. Do you have any particular people or things in mind?

6. zsdersw

zsdersw Lifer

It's actually quite rare for P&N to go from fantasy to reality... so don't act like the transition you mentioned is par-for-the-course.

7. xBiffx

xBiffx Diamond Member

Thanks then for bring it back down to ATP&N levels then by claiming a prediction of a future event is reality. :rolleyes:

8. zsdersw

zsdersw Lifer

Get a grip. It's closer to reality than "Obama is a homo" by, oh, at least a billion times.

#33 zsdersw, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  9. corwin

corwin Diamond Member

It's been a general feeling I've gotten from most of his supporters but as if on queue...

Most that I've talked to feel Obama has it in the bag with room to spare for groceries the next 4 years...I think he'll win but it will be squeaking by

10. Moonbeam

Moonbeam Elite Member

Bigotry is based on the inculcation of the illusion of the reality of good and evil in childhood, usually, but, by far from necessarily, as a result of religious teaching. It is at heart a phenomenon that springs from hatred and fear. All evil is done in the name of the good because the two are inextricably bound up as one and the same thing. This is the mind trap, the mental defect that bigots cannot see, that what they think of as good is also exactly the same as what they call evil. This is why a higher level of consciousness is required to collapse this paradox and free the mind from its prison.

Our parents were infected with this disease, lived themselves with this hatred and fear, and molded us to perfection to save us from the monsters that haunted them, the fear of hell and all manner of unconsciously repressed desires they themselves, by their own parents in turn, were taught to hate and fear.

We were all destroyed by the fact that the path to perfection is not only narrow and hard, but totally impossible and hypocritical, that perfection does not exist but is a requirement for heaven and parental love. We all failed and were exposed to our parents hatreds and doubts and fears. They had to create a hell for us to teach us make us change our direction, stop being human and start being model citizen.

We were each forced by absolute demand never to ask for love, that we had to be sorry and promise to behave, to die to our real selves so we could be saved. But even when we died we were never saved. Our sins were endless and our failures the same.

And now it is us who are the parents, full of the same hatred and fear, full of the same need to control others to save us and them. We have become the guardians of hell, the monsters of good and evil, the carriers of humanity's greatest disease and it is burned deep in our minds and resides there unconsciously. And our teaching is to threaten, to punish, and to condemn. It is who we have become, masters of the Kingdom of Hell.

Our job is to make others feel evil so that evil will always be with us and Satin will always be welcome. The Devil we hate and fear is ourselves.

And everywhere we look we see our evil. Obama, the first gay President, it's about time he came out. We want to inflict on Obama all the pain we were forced to feel when we died to our real selves. But, of course there are people around who are worse than Obama, the people who reflect and who remember our real story.

Beware of the man of knowledge because he carries a red pill. But know that you could not help to be who you are, a sleeping saint who lives as a monster, because you had no choice, no choice at all. You chose to die to yourselves because you had to or you would have really died. And all the love you sought and were denied, is really there, buried deep within you in your own heart.

Stop trying to cause other people to feel your own pain and feel it yourself. It's like eating a cookie. By the time you finish you'll feel right as rain.

11. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

I saw DVC's post, and while that seems to say that he believes Obama will win comfortably it doesn't seem to be predicting a landslide.

Anyways, I guess it's just semantics really and while I feel confident in predicting an Obama victory I wouldn't presume to try and guess by how much it will be.

12. corwin

corwin Diamond Member

That was what I was trying to say...semantics is about right;) I am pretty confident Obama is gonna win myself, not that he would be my choice but Romney really isn't either soo...it's really a lose-lose to me in any case, I'm pretty much ambivalent this election cycle and am hoping for some real options to consider in about 4 years with minimal damage in-between

13. WHAMPOM

WHAMPOM Diamond Member

Is that an article by the Liberal Left Pinko Commie Gay Agenda Media we all hear about?

14. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

nah... Sullivan isn't really a leftist so much as a fanboy.

Obama could institute martial law and usurp dictatorial powers for himself and I'm sure Andrew Sullivan would write a glowing article about how awesome it all is.

15. Moonbeam

Moonbeam Elite Member

As per my post above, people are looking to cause others to feel their pain. I think it quite likely that if the pain of the economy worsens along with unemployment, the psychopathology of this illness will cause him to lose the election. We can witness in animals under tremendous stress that they begin to bite themselves. Americans will to that to themselves, which should tell you why Job 1 at the Republican brain defect mill is to obstruct anything that could bring progress. These conservative folk are the sickest kinds of animals, hell bent on causing pain. These are the facts. No condemnation is implied because it can't be otherwise. Unless we find a way to free ourselves from the enormity of our childhood pain, we will kill ourselves to the last person.

16. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

You clearly don't read Sullivan very often.

17. Jaskalas

Jaskalas Lifer

Media... what a joke.

18. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

he is a leftist? I must have missed that.

19. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

No. He has repeatedly and strenuously criticized Obama. Interestingly enough he has explicitly criticized him for an expansion of police and counterterrorism powers, the exact sort of thing you claimed he would support.

20. Ninjahedge

Ninjahedge Diamond Member

Fact: Obama is Hetero.
    Fact: Homosexuality has a negative stigma amongst a large portion of the voting public
    Fact: This cover got all of OUR attention.

This is just an attempt to sell more magazines. Somehow calling him "The first Gay President" is downright insulting. He is being called something he is not, and something that is still not popular amongst a large portion of the people who actually vote come election time.

I hear he's also Mexican.... :rolleyes:

21. corwin

corwin Diamond Member

You should have just stopped at the bold...the rest is irrelevant, this was a cover designed and worded to sell and that's pretty much it, just like the nursing cover

Though I'm curious...is he supposed to mexican-mexican or white-mexican?:D

22. crashtestdummy

crashtestdummy Platinum Member

He's also written glowingly on him. While he's certainly had some criticisms, he is a big fan.

This is not necessarily a bias (I tend to agree with a lot of what he writes), but he has come out in favor of Obama on many occasions.

23. JockoJohnson

JockoJohnson Golden Member

You are right, it is insulting to call him the first gay president...just like it was insulting to call Cinton the first black president. I know they meant it in a way to say they were the first to back them (Obama supporting gays and Clinton supporting blacks) but to say they are what they support is stupid. You have it absolutely correct in saying it is just to sell magazines.

24. fskimospy

fskimospy Elite Member

Of course he has, where did I dispute that? While Sullivan is most certainly an Obama supporter, Loki was saying that Sullivan is a unequivocal supporter, reaching even to the extent that he would celebrate Obama's claim of dictatorial power. That's clearly false and even a cursory reading of Sullivan's writing on the war on terror, executive power, etc. would show that.

25. xBiffx

xBiffx Diamond Member

For the lols. Not that I agree with this message.

[​IMG]