The first 2012 Presidential Debate - 10\03\12 - 6 p.m. PT (9p.m. ET)

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
They need to either cut off the mike of whoever goes over the limit or give more time to answer.

Both candidates ran over their time limit numerous times.

Just let O'Reilly sit with a button to cut the mics. That'd be entertaining television.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Obama is just doing the rope-a-dope like his Muslim brother, Ali.

He even through a shot at himself in his closing statement.

Down goes Frazier in a month, you watch.

Feb 19, 2001
I think Romney-Ryan will be much better off overall in debates. Romney's a businessman. That's a given he should be a pretty good speaker. You don't become a businessman and CEO by being a horrible speaker.

Ryan is decent too, and Biden's just flat out stupid but loyal. As long as the campaign doesn't act flat out retarded, I think Romney-Ryan will have what it takes to win the debates. The question is whether that's enough to turn things around.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What the hell? Thats it!?

But, I don't wanna see no stinkin' Vice Presidential debate!

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
FACT OBAMACARE will tax my HSA %40 next year while his cronies all get waivers!

NICE JOB Romney and I do not even like him that much.

GO BIG BIRD NO. 1 on PBS! I do like Big Bird better than Mr. Lerher as well.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
There are several more debates to go.

Romney will have to follow through with more real policy details and not contradict himself while facing pointed attacks on the claims he has made during this debate.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
What the hell? Thats it!?

But, I don't wanna see no stinkin' Vice Presidential debate!

Because Ryan is going to make Biden look like the fool he is.

Remember Biden had to debate the Palin before. Ryan is no Palin...

CNBC Call Romney a clear winner.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
That was disappointing. Romney basically made promises that he can't keep and Obama didn't do that good of a job of pointing them out. Obama was the worse speaker over all, but not by much. The people who write the ads will definitely have to very clearly point out the many problems with Romney's plan if Obama is going to win this election.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There are several more debates to go.

Romney will have to follow through with more real policy details and not contradict himself while facing pointed attacks on the claims he has made during this debate.

Not if Obama doesn't force the issue.

Obama did a bad job. Romney wins this round.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
He's Mormon, can't even take caffeine pills.

Christians "can't" have sex out of wedlock. How's that working out? :)

I'd agree Romney clearly took this one. He started a bit rough, but pulled himself together and owned it.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Romney wins on aggression but he again didn't give one damn specific. I have a serious problem with that. He dodged questions and interrupted too much. Sure that looks nice to Joe American but give me specifics.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Obama displayed what his weakness has been all along, unwillingness to confront.

He seemed passive with no real conviction.