The end of an era has come.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
RIP. I still have the first wallet I bought, a shitty $10 leather/pleather one from '08 or so. Hoping I don't have to spend anything on another for a long time.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Will be interesting to see if the newer one holds up. Should be hard to misplace.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
My wallet consists of a braided Scunci hair tie. Sorta like the old Italian gangsters that use a big a$$ green rubber band to hold heads of broccoli 🥦 together. The credit and other cards give it the stiffness needed for my wad.

Shout out into the void for my personal hero, Long Johnny Wad

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This post not sponsored by Ridge Wallet, more on them later. I always hated the bulkiness of a wallet so for the longest time I just didn't bother. I would just carry my bank card around, and leave the driver's license in the car, and if I needed something else for wherever I was going I just made sure to bring it. This however got me into some snags a few times which would always reinforce to me that I should really just get a wallet. Then I found out about Ridge wallet, and got one and it's a life changer. It's not as bulky as any other wallet as it's the same size as bank/credit cards so I don't mind carrying it around.

• Haha
Reactions: brianmanahan

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This post not sponsored by Ridge Wallet, more on them later. I always hated the bulkiness of a wallet so for the longest time I just didn't bother. I would just carry my bank card around, and leave the driver's license in the car, and if I needed something else for wherever I was going I just made sure to bring it. This however got me into some snags a few times which would always reinforce to me that I should really just get a wallet. Then I found out about Ridge wallet, and got one and it's a life changer. It's not as bulky as any other wallet as it's the same size as bank/credit cards so I don't mind carrying it around.
The thing that puts me off those is they look rigid so they would be uncomfortable in a back pocket?
Also they are £90, which seems fairly spendy for what they are!

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
If you're gonna go with a wallet, get one with a fine metal mesh that interferes with magnetic scanners. Probably obsolete now with the decreasing use of magnetic strips.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The thing that puts me off those is they look rigid so they would be uncomfortable in a back pocket?
Also they are £90, which seems fairly spendy for what they are!

Yeah I don't know if I'd want it in my back pocket then again I don't think I'd want any wallet in my back pocket, seems like that would be uncomfortable either way. It's small though, like the same size as a card, but it is hard so it would be like sitting on a small rock or something. It seems kind of pricey but it's something you only buy once maybe every 10 years if less. I imagine this thing will last me well over 10 years. I sometimes think of buying another just to have as a spare in case they ever go under. I don't know how lucrative having a business based on selling only wallets really is. I don't even know how it's profitable, it's not like it's something people buy often.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Yeah I don't know if I'd want it in my back pocket then again I don't think I'd want any wallet in my back pocket, seems like that would be uncomfortable either way. It's small though, like the same size as a card, but it is hard so it would be like sitting on a small rock or something. It seems kind of pricey but it's something you only buy once maybe every 10 years if less. I imagine this thing will last me well over 10 years. I sometimes think of buying another just to have as a spare in case they ever go under. I don't know how lucrative having a business based on selling only wallets really is. I don't even know how it's profitable, it's not like it's something people buy often.
Mines not much bigger than a credit card but it's leather and was pretty cheap. It probably won't last forever but I've had it a few years already.

1000017614.jpg

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
My wallet was getting pretty old and ratty. When my father died and I was executing his estate I noticed his wallet was in better shape-maybe a decade or so of use. I chucked my wallet and have been using his since then. That was about twenty years ago.

Personally I just don't trust a man that doesn't have a ratty wallet.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Mines not much bigger than a credit card but it's leather and was pretty cheap. It probably won't last forever but I've had it a few years already.

View attachment 95873
I see that rfid stamp. Just because you're paranoid, that doesn't they're NOT out to get you. One of us. One of us.
Personally I just don't trust a man that doesn't have a ratty wallet
How about a guy who has a rat AS a wallet?

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Wow people still put wallets in their back pockets?
Ok George.
maxresdefault.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I've tried numerous wallets over the years, of various sizes. I find this one to be a good balance. It's quite sleek, I double check my pocket sometimes to make sure I didn't forget my wallet. The gray is VX21, so tough sailcloth material. Enough room for multiple credit cards, license, insurance ID, Costco card, a little bit of cash, plus business cards to hand out. Only upgrade I'd want is RFID protection.

BifoldWalletOpenPackedGrey [MConverter.eu].jpg

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Ok George.
maxresdefault.jpg

I am old. Small BellRoy bi-fold (no extraneous papers) in left back pocket. Handkerchief and comb (remember them?) right back pocket. Keys in left front. Money clip (purchased in L.A. jewelry district in 1982) in right front. Cell in cargo pocket.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
i think i am on 3 wallets since highschool. leather bifolds for me.
Yep same here maybe a few more than three but leather bifolds are my go to. My current wallet is a leather bifold from I Medici and it has held up to the wear and tear of everyday use.

My parents purchased it for me when they were in Italy around three years ago. I'm usually not fond of Italian made products for whatever reason but this wallet seems really well made.

Last edited:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Ok George.
maxresdefault.jpg
That's a woman's wallet.

Bought a leather checkbook cover in 1990. It's going to outlast checks. In 20 years, it'll be beside rotary phone memes.

Tri fold, FTW.