The Donald J Trump BS thread version 31.4 updated (in memorium)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, Sweden just had a domestic terror attack. Immigrants rioted.

I wonder if Sweden should sue Donald for instigating.......

Reactions: ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
V25 4-Mar-2017
Trump claimed Obama had him "wiretapped". Multiple officials in the administration said it is not possible for the President to order a wiretap on a citizen. FISA courts would have to approve a "wiretap" but it would have to be with probable cause. In a Sunday interview former Intel director James Clapper said such a FISA warrant does not exist.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-ca...ys-no-fisa-wiretap-court-order-against-trump/

The bullshit just keeps-a-comin'

Reactions: Homerboy

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
V26 8-Mar-2017
So Trump get's on the air and tweets a bald face lie
122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

Except one pesky little fact...
At 7:04 a.m., Trump tweeted the same statistic — and blamed all 122 releases on former President Barack Obama. Notably, Trump parroted Fox News’ “prisoners” language, though the standard government term is “detainees.”

He said that all the “vicious prisoners” were released by Obama, when in fact, Obama only released nine of the prisoners. The other 113 were all released under former President George W. Bush.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-spr...asing-gitmo-prisoners-b3055dc37e27#.4o4t2gky0

Reactions: Homerboy

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
V27 9-Mar-2016
For International Women's Day Trump tweeted the following...
“I have tremendous respect for women and the many roles they serve that are vital to the fabric of our society and our economy.”
Good news for this entry no explanation necessary

Feb 16, 2005
You think women shouldn't be respected?
pffft
LaJ9Kmo.gif

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
V28 10-Mar-2017
Remember Trump claiming the jobs numbers under Obama were fake, phony, fixed? Well this month the jobs numbers were good(235,000) and of course Trump wants to take total credit. But...
During his White House press briefing later in the day, Spicer was asked about Trump’s previous claims that positive job reports under the Obama administration were “phony or totally fiction.” “I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote them very clearly. They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now"/
So take your bullshit pick. Either todays number is bullshit or his claims during the entire Obama administration was bullshit.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/sea...orters-laughed-it-off-now-people-are-furious/

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Homer, I think you are going to have to adopt something like the Dewey Decimal System. A small factual section and the rest devoted to fiction. Within the latter, one for each of the responsibilities of the Office further divided by foreign and domestic policies.

Just a thought, but it would be a huge effort.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I just wanted to say, I support this thread in totality, and I think something similar should be done for every politician ever, and somehow presented to the voting populace at large.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Mom just walked downstairs complaining she spent 5 hours on Turbo Tax and she wasnt even finished. Said she hoped Trump would keep his promise and do something to simplify the tax laws.
I tried explaining to her Trump is full of crap and will never do anything good for America. We ended up having a debate. Short but intense.

End Result for those not wanting to read a long post: Mom provided further evidence that Trump lovers dont know whats going on in the world, dont know whats going on in America, and actually believe him when he says the new is all lies. But she doesnt watch the news at all.
She knew nothing of his FBI problems and shit going on with Russia.

Worst part?
My mother is not stupid. She worked nights for two masters degrees, served in the Navy for 26 years and headed a special NATO bomb-loader project in Iceland, and has worked at many law firms as a senior/master/uber paralegal for quite some time.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Mom just walked downstairs complaining she spent 5 hours on Turbo Tax and she wasnt even finished. Said she hoped Trump would keep his promise and do something to simplify the tax laws.
I tried explaining to her Trump is full of crap and will never do anything good for America. We ended up having a debate. Short but intense.

End Result for those not wanting to read a long post: Mom provided further evidence that Trump lovers dont know whats going on in the world, dont know whats going on in America, and actually believe him when he says the new is all lies. But she doesnt watch the news at all.
She knew nothing of his FBI problems and shit going on with Russia.

Worst part?
My mother is not stupid. She worked nights for two masters degrees, served in the Navy for 26 years and headed a special NATO bomb-loader project in Iceland, and has worked at many law firms as a senior/master/uber paralegal for quite some time.

Well, she may not be stupid about the things she has studied, but its pretty clear that she hasn't studied trump. Would she trust a doctor who didn't go to school? A lawyer?

She trusts a guy who is being called out by the media for his horrible policies, when he says they are just lying. Ask your mom what she would call someone who makes assumptions without evidence.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I've given up the weekly updates. Don't have that kind of time. Wish I could grant edit to a couple of people so we can have a better total. Every now and then will update when I hear a whopper.

V31 25-Apr-2017
Well Orange asshole is still claiming he won the popular vote in Nov.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...ular-vote-even-though-he-lost-by-a-landslide/

Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star has been doing this fairly effectively for some time, if you want to take a break and know that the work is still being done. :)

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/04/11/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

I'm actually curious how she spent five hours doing taxes. I use H&R Block's service and it took me maybe a half hour tops (state and federal). And I have a house, kid, student loans, charitable deductions etc.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You know, old people and computers...meh

The older crowd here is the exception.

I work in the tech field, and the 55+ crowd of colleagues can be quite challenged by the beep beeps and boop boops.