Question The Division 2 - anyone into it?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I pre-ordered it on PC to get access to the beta. ANyone else sniffing this game? The first one had so much potential hampered by a lack of content. Methinks they won't make the same mistake twice.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No.
First one was a decent idea that went to heck.
I hated wandering around abandoned Manhattan, looking for something interesting to do. And all the missions were a pain in the tush. Least enjoyable sandbox I ever played in.

Reactions: thejunglegod

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Played the first one on PS4 for a couple of weeks then stopped; feel like lots of others did the same thing. In the beginning it was pretty good but most of the players didn't stick around which meant that there were far fewer higher level players doing missions. The game was sort of like Ubi's take on a more tactical Destiny or Dying Light but I don't think I'm wrong in stating that both of those games are better.

Also totally avoided the dark zone or whatever it was called in The Division because I tend to have crap luck with these types of games and was NOT about to lose all of my stuff to some eastern European hacker.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I got into the beta as well. But I spend half my weekend at my gf's place so I probably won't get to play much. I'll try to get on it tonight. I really liked the first one on PS4 but obviously I never played online much because I wasn't good enough and anytime I went online I got wrecked. Is it still single player with people joining for missions or is it all online now?

I was more interested in anthem but it seems the beta looked a lot different than the alpha I tried and also didn't seem to be very optimized.

Same feelings of the division 2 as the rest here. Missions were hard and people didn't play together, go figure like most other online games where they try to get people to stick together.

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'll have a copy since I bought an AMD GPU recently, but didn't play the first one at all. Don't know how much I'll be into it, but had no interest in the RE2 remake, so it was this and DMC5 as my free games.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Played a little of the beta. Not good framerates with the default custom graphics settings. Around 50-60 fps at 3440*1440. I didn't even try to mess with all the settings but surprised that the game doesn't look that good. It's very similar to the first one. Not sure if I'm so used to the menu and map layout. I last played it on console which I think the original had a easier layout to navigate.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
With everything seeming to be a disappointment lately, I'm holding until release to make a decision. I just want one of these games to work out and Division 2 seems like the last hope.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
With everything seeming to be a disappointment lately, I'm holding until release to make a decision. I just want one of these games to work out and Division 2 seems like the last hope.
Yeah I'm conflicted between choosing anthem or division two. The anthem alpha ran fine on my PC but division 2 had a lot of fps drops. I have to say the division 2 missions seemed more interesting, lots of side stuff but in the end it's basically all similar to before if you played the last one. I hope this one is more solo friendly. Because I mainly buy these games for PC, I don't have any friends that have gaming computers so they usually play console if they ever end up getting massive online games.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Anthem feel much more shallow than the Division so I would hold off. With all the bad publicity, Bioware will either take note and make massive changes or it will fade away.

If you do get the game on the PC, I would be up for some Anandtech forum action. Had a blast a few years back playing Destiny on the PS4 with the forum members.

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'll most likely wait until division 2 comes out to see if they have fixed anything or added stuff to Anthem. From the looks of it, seems very fun. I know I played a ton of destiny on PS4 with some forum members from here but eventually I got bored mainly since I wasn't good enough to do all the harder missions/raids.

Same thing probably for the division 2 may happen, might get too repetitive for me. I enjoy these type of games to an extent. But division 2 beta had a lot more content and customization. Anthem needs more customization for the Javelins, weapons that look and behave different, and better loot because what I see right now is you are basically doing the same missions over and over. They also showed at e3 those large strider mechs during gameplay which they are almost non existent in the full game.

If I can find it for a cheaper price I may pick it up sooner but for right now I've been going through metro 2033 redux to keep myself busy. I also haven't played battlefield V in a while, since I got a new drive and reinstalled windows.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
Just started playing open beta. I like it - it's pretty much the same as the first with a different map and slightly different names around things like securing supplies, etc... The only issue - the game seems to run "sluggishly" - it still plays fine, just feels a little "slow" on i7 with gtx1080 Ti when compared to Division 1.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I played a bit last night and compared to the previous beta the graphics preset won't save, same as before. It's set to custom and stays like that no matter how many times I restart the game. It's a mix of high/ultra settings.

At 3440x1440 I'm getting 50-70 fps and averaging probably around 60fps. This is with an i7 8700k , 32gb ddr4 and 1080ti.

I am as expecting performance to be better but looks like it inefficiently uses the CPU.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Played last night long enough to unlock all the beta items. My 2600k and fury showing its age (along with upping to a 4k monitor) had it running like a slide show. Turned resolution down to 1800 and game became a window even though set to fullscreen. Wasnt able to correct without closing and restarting.

Played about halfway through d1 before going to somethandng else. Does give me a desire to finish that.

Load and quitting the game take too long.

Never liked the bullet sponge factor, it's still mostly there.

Loaded it up at 4k on my 1080ti machine and it played smooth.

One non game element that kinda gets me, you are usually coming in after a fairly short amount of time, yet the changes of landscape look as if the place was a decade or so abandoned (except for isolated places still having some sort of power connection of course).

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I noticed all kinds of for drops on my system at ,3440x1440 on my 1080ti. Averaged 50-80fps with lots of drops in the 50's and lower range.

I may get it but it seems boring and it also seems much harder to do solo now because the AI is much smarter.

I ended up picking this game up instead of anthem despite the new anthem patch that just dropped. Apparently it fixes many bugs but there are still other bugs and it also seems to have reverted the previous loot update.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I'll have a copy since I bought an AMD GPU recently, but didn't play the first one at all. Don't know how much I'll be into it, but had no interest in the RE2 remake, so it was this and DMC5 as my free games.

Same deal here, but I was already planning to buy the game, whether pre-purchase or after release day. It was part of what sweetened the deal on the RX 580 that I got it from, because it saved me $60. I enjoyed the first game, after a friend got me into it. Pretty much just a solo player, don't do incursions or legendaries because I don't want the pain of wiping with a group of complete strangers.

I was lucky enough to be invited to the technical alpha, and both the closed and open betas. My very first impression was: not much has changed. Did they use a new engine or the same one as Division 1? I didn't notice too many fps drops, but the game did feel less 'snappy', movement, animations, etc...not sure if it was my imagination or not.

Didn't like the changes to the map, and the way that lootable boxes (don't) appear now, there's crap scattered everywhere...if they were going for realism, I guess maybe it's better, but it's a time sink, in essence. It's going to lead to extra time spent wandering around to search every nook and cranny.

Definitely will be playing it for at least a few weeks, the new maps and missions seem worth doing at least. We shall see.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
ahaha... i think i learned enough not to get burned by ubisoft.

Last year alone they burned me too many times on what the game was going to be, and what we got.
So, no i am gonna pass on division 2, because i am tired of aimbots, hackers, and people head shoting me in the dark zone 3 sectors away, along with guys glitching rat king like bosses for loot, so they can have guns which can 1 shot kill you with there aimbots 3 zones away.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Been finishing up the Div 1 campaign since playing the beta. Have seen a couple names from my ubi friends list from here back when 1 came out that started in 2 last night. Will probably get 2, but not in a hurry, will wait till at least the first sale.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Same deal here, but I was already planning to buy the game, whether pre-purchase or after release day. It was part of what sweetened the deal on the RX 580 that I got it from, because it saved me $60. I enjoyed the first game, after a friend got me into it. Pretty much just a solo player, don't do incursions or legendaries because I don't want the pain of wiping with a group of complete strangers.

I was lucky enough to be invited to the technical alpha, and both the closed and open betas. My very first impression was: not much has changed. Did they use a new engine or the same one as Division 1? I didn't notice too many fps drops, but the game did feel less 'snappy', movement, animations, etc...not sure if it was my imagination or not.

Didn't like the changes to the map, and the way that lootable boxes (don't) appear now, there's crap scattered everywhere...if they were going for realism, I guess maybe it's better, but it's a time sink, in essence. It's going to lead to extra time spent wandering around to search every nook and cranny.

Definitely will be playing it for at least a few weeks, the new maps and missions seem worth doing at least. We shall see.
I've been following the game on Reddit and those that got the ultimate and gold editions have been playing since the 12th. They are saying the end game content is going to be a lot better. Not sure how that will affect me because in these type of games I usually don't make it there. But they also say there is loot everywhere, it drops constantly.

When I played the two betas, I did see some highlighted loot bags/boxes I several areas. Performance in the two betas seemed off for me despite having a good system. The second beta performed better I think. I just saw someone do a play test of the actual game on YouTube at 1440p ultrawide with the same card I have and it was in the range of 64-80fps+ including firefights which was surprising because I remember dipping into the 50's in the beta.

I played division 1 on PS4 and I wanted one of these type of games for PC. It was between anthem and division 2. Well anthem is still messed up despite the new big patch they had. Seems it still requires some time for Bioware to fix it. I also noticed there was more content in the division 2 beta than what people are reporting for the full game of anthem. The game play mechanics are the only difference but that game just should not have been launched in it's current state. So I'm looking forward to playing D2 on Friday if I get the time.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
I'll be playing it. I'm a terrible person for buying it, worse for considering the gold edition for Tuesday access. I love loot games, I love shooters and I love rpgs. Games like this are crack.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'll try to be on tomorrow despite having some friends come over after work. My user name should be selayan on uplay. Although I'm not sure what level you need to be to do group stuff.

Added you and don't worry about leveling up quickly. My daughter's 5th birthday is this weekend and my folks are coming in so play time will be minimal.