The Derek Chauvin / George Floyd Trial

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Derek Chauvin’s Use Of Force ‘Totally Unnecessary,’ Minneapolis Police Lt. Testifies

Looks like the police force has come out against crushing / choking a person until they die. Good for them.
Now it is up to the jury to believe the police, to believe the witnesses such as the firefighter / EMT.
George Floyd was murdered and he needs justice.

I was just watching a segment on CNN where they were talking about choke holds with a MMA teacher. He was explaining the knee on the neck in Floyd's case. He said if you used this you would keep your foot in a normal perpendicular position to your leg/ankle and put your weight on your toes to control the pressure to the neck. Otherwise you could be putting all of your weight on he other person's neck.

Correct way.

cyborg.jpg

Here we have Chauvin with both knees on Floyd and feet splayed with all weight on Floyd. Based on this pic and others after it looked like he stayed in that position.

A-police-officer-kept-his-knee-on-the-neck-of-George-Floyd.jpg

Reactions: ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I already accepted.
One is enough.

I think you got triggered by something in your head.
This sentence indicates one isn't enough for you. My eyes not my head...
The correction is limited to just pointing one spoke and not many. While one voice in authority is strong, it is not the same as many stating something unanimously. Nothing more than that. p/quote]

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have found on here no matter what I say I am accused of being a racist.
It's not the accusations but your statements that make you racist. While not an exact quote, your post predicting if Chauvin is found guilty on all count us spooks will still riot and burn cities to the ground.

I do appreciate your honesty because you said that is what you think.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's not the accusations but your statements that make you racist. While not an exact quote, your post predicting if Chauvin is found guilty on all count us spooks will still riot and burn cities to the ground.

Should there be riots, I'd bet very long odds that it won't be just black people. And I agree with pcgeek. If that cop walks there will be riots. No doubt about it.

Reactions: pcgeek11

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Should there be riots, I'd bet very long odds that it won't be just black people. And I agree with pcgeek. If that cop walks there will be riots. No doubt about it.
Pcgeek said a lot more than that do you agree with his entire statement?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

I don't recall making any mention of race. I'm no more racist than you.

Pcgeek said a lot more than that do you agree with his entire statement?

I think that they will have riots and lots of looting if convicted of murder or not.

That is what I said.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Go back and read his entire quote.

Here I'll make it easier for yoiu all here are all my posts in this thread.

I think he should be convicted and serve lots of time. There was no need to knee his neck and certainly not for 9 minutes. He was subdued and handcuffed. Lay him down and call for transport, all he could do is flop around.

I'm not so sure about what extent he should be convicted of. I don't think he intended to kill Mr Floyd, but did intend to harm him.

I also believe no matter the sentence or conviction it will not be enough to satisfy the mob rioters who will be back out in full force. I hope not, but I don't have much faith in any peaceful end.
I think that they will have riots and lots of looting if convicted of murder or not.
Complete cities have not been burned to the ground. Just large pieces of them.

Read what I said... Duh.

You do realize you can riot and loot without burning.
Right?

What do you think is going to happen with a conviction or not?
Not stereotyping. It is just what I believe.

We shall see.
How is that racist?
First lets get it straight I never brought up Burning anything to the ground. Take the burning issue up with the person that brought it up MrSquished.

They did however wantonly burn down many buildings in several cities.

All I said was I felt there would be riots and looting regardless of the outcome of the trial. I could be wrong.... shrug.

If I am wrong I will be happy and surprised.
Hey you brought up burning not I.

They burned many buildings in several cities.

I do exist in reality. You just don't like it. LOL
That is just stupid. My comment is racist because I didn't justify it to your satisfaction. :rolleyes:

No, I'm going to ignore your question because it is a stupid question. I have found on here no matter what I say I am accused of being a racist.

Mar 11, 2004
I like how these fucking racist pricks so worried about black people rioting never seem to give a shit about the college kids rioting to defend pedophile coaches, or winning or losing soccer/hockey games, or the many other moronic times that white people riot over completely fucked up shit. Or the times they rioted to straight up murder black people.

And then they're crying about being called racist for trying to condemn black people for rioting should yet another racial injustice occur?

I guess its good to see our resident crybaby bitch is still looking to retain his crown of biggest crybaby bitch.

Its cute that he likes to make sure that I know he's read my post. The funniest part is he seems to think I'm reading his posts as well. I'm not. Its just obvious when there's dozens of his posts that he's obviously once again whining that he's being called a racist for saying racist stuff. I'm guessing he's doing his clownshow routine of claiming he never said something despite it being quotable. Dipshit doesn't even attempt to edit his post to hide the original while still claiming he didn't write what people quote from his posts. And Greenman going "What, who me? Durr, well I don't know if he's racist, because he's said other stuff that isn't racist so well he might not be racist then. He's probably not because I'm sure its the same as people calling me a dumbass because I tell them I'm a dumbass that doesn't know but insist that my dumbass opinion is more truth than any facts."

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
PCgeek really good at Republican dog whistle speak.

Republicans: Those urban people are looting and burning down our cities
Republicans: I never said black

Everyone knows in the context of the George Floyd trial when righties referring to angry looters burning down our cities" they mean predominantly black people.

Turns out the geeskter is good at playing dumb too

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I like how these fucking racist pricks so worried about black people rioting never seem to give a shit about the college kids rioting to defend pedophile coaches, or winning or losing soccer/hockey games, or the many other moronic times that white people riot over completely fucked up shit. Or the times they rioted to straight up murder black people.

And then they're crying about being called racist for trying to condemn black people for rioting should yet another racial injustice occur?

I guess its good to see our resident crybaby bitch is still looking to retain his crown of biggest crybaby bitch.
PCgeek using the Ron Johnson defense.

Reactions: Meghan54

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I don't recall making any mention of race. I'm no more racist than you.

And I explained why we still think it is racist, then I predicted what you would do if I was right, and you did exactly that.
Notice how you still haven not given any explanation, and instead is arguing that because you never said it out loud we can't blame you on being racist.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Not watching live, but the noon headline caught my eye:
"Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo testified today that his officers are trained in the department's de-escalation policy."

I'm cynically pondering if that "training" involves anything more than simply reading them the policy once.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Not watching live, but the noon headline caught my eye:
"Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo testified today that his officers are trained in the department's de-escalation policy."

I'm cynically pondering if that "training" involves anything more than simply reading them the policy once.
Well if the suspect (for lack of better term) is dead, technically the situation has been de-escalated.
Just not in a way that keeps them alive :/

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I would find it unfathomable if manslaughter is not a conviction based on the evidence so far. Policy violations all over. Very vague call for paramedics, not assessing the crowd.

Also, beware how lacking the information the paramedics can provide the doctors at a hospital. These first responders sure are lackadaisical...

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
This sentence indicates one isn't enough for you. My eyes not my head...
Because the guy used the plural and not the singular in the sentence. Using the plural suggests to the reader that two or more officers said exactly that. Not one.

So don't go around defending someone else's error of fact by vicious proselytization.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Officer Blackwell got the strongest Minnesota accent yet. Not quite "Fargo" extreme, but prominent.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Bombshell. Blackwell says that the Chauvin maneuver is not how they train it, she don't know what improvised restraint that was. She says they are trained to use two arms.

Threw her buddy under the bus. Not surprising though. It's all about keeping up appearances, not genuine care.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I would find it unfathomable if manslaughter is not a conviction based on the evidence so far. Policy violations all over. Very vague call for paramedics, not assessing the crowd.

Also, beware how lacking the information the paramedics can provide the doctors at a hospital. These first responders sure are lackadaisical...

Maybe because a paramedic's educational requirements are lackluster in comparison to a doctor. Most only require a 2 year training coure which is equivalent to an associate's degree with requirements fluctuating from state to state. They are for the most part trained to stabalize, not diagnose, and contact the ER doctor for guidance in critical situations.