The Coolcoin Poetry Slam!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
You should visit.

You should call 1st.

what's your number?

6bLWiqL.jpg

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006

Merge that post with your pome, might be enough to make up the votes you need in the last minutes of the contest.

If you were defeated in an ATOT poetry contest what would that mean? The servers and all the backups might burn.

Edit: And was MLP not worthy of mention in your pome? :sob:

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
If you were defeated in an ATOT poetry contest what would that mean? The servers and all the backups might burn.

well i am only a lock in pometry contests

since this is only a poetry contest it's more of a level playing field

plus i didn't have trident photoshops like snoopy, and pictures are worth 1000 words

i am happy with my pome however. i channeled poe with all the strength i could muster.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
well i am only a lock in pometry contests

since this is only a poetry contest it's more of a level playing field

plus i didn't have trident photoshops like snoopy, and pictures are worth 1000 words

i am happy with my pome however. i channeled poe with all the strength i could muster.

To be clear, I wasn't implying that your pome was inferior, but your late entry puts you at a disadvantage.
Use any means to take down your opponents, even if it means stealing votes with unrelated content.

I'm still weighing the options before I make a choice, and I gave a hint that would secure my vote.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
To be clear, I wasn't implying that your pome was inferior, but your late entry puts you at a disadvantage.
Use any means to take down your opponents, even if it means stealing votes with unrelated content.

I'm still weighing the options before I make a choice, and I gave a hint that would secure my vote.

Sorry, I would do anything for votes, but I won't do that...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yeah, this submission is a bit late. You're going to have to cross promote the hell out of it if you want more votes now.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Just 2 1/2 hours left to vote for your winning poem! (I noticed that I didn't pick a timezone when I said 9 PM, so GMT it is)

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Even if my last minute vote counts, it doesn't make a difference.

Brian gets the vote, just like voting for Andrew Yang.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Now you know how Libertarian voters feel every election season :)

Congratulations to snoopy7548 for another commanding win!

I honestly still have no idea what a republican, democrat, libertarian, etc. are.

Why does everything have to be segregated into hard set, no compromise groups?

I vote for trying to do what's best given the current information, resources, etc.

High taxes or low taxes, hug the trees or cut them down...it all depends.

All I ever see these "political parties" do is lie, cheat, complain, and fight.

Seems like they get very little accomplished, other than taking away what somebody else set up.

The way things were/are set now worked for a good while. Now it's clear we need some big changes.

I don't care if humans are the cause of climate change/global warming or not. It's real and a big problem.

We need to shift from decimating the planet to restoring it. It's the largest threat we currently face.

Neither Trump or Biden are interested in changing or fixing anything, just tweaking it to their liking.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
ER, The Libertarian party is the one that promotes small government and personal liberty. We average about 2% of the vote every election season, even though there are a lot more people that agree with the platform's ideals.

I see you being more of a Green party supporter, which basically has the same issue with low voter turnout.

I don't want to go into full P&N mode, but I don't understand why people vote for Democrats or Republicans every year, expecting things to change when they do. Both parties are owned by lobbyists and special interest groups, and will continue to do their bidding no matter what they promised during the election.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
ER, The Libertarian party is the one that promotes small government and personal liberty. We average about 2% of the vote every election season, even though there are a lot more people that agree with the platform's ideals.

I see you being more of a Green party supporter, which basically has the same issue with low voter turnout.

I don't want to go into full P&N mode, but I don't understand why people vote for Democrats or Republicans every year, expecting things to change when they do. Both parties are owned by lobbyists and special interest groups, and will continue to do their bidding no matter what they promised during the election.

*looks up green party*

No, I don't think I'd fit in their group either.

I'm not an extremists calling for the destruction of modern society.

I've just lived long enough to witness climate change, and have kept an eye on science. The planet is badly damaged, to the point where it may not be able to sustain us much longer. Anybody remember the dust bowl incident in America? We might trigger a global event like that. I don't think banning cars, industry, or more stupid emissions regulation are going to fix the planet. We need to increase biomass and biodiversity, it should be obvious, a healthy planet is good for us.

For example:

How much industrial roof space is there? How much acreage in the average skyscraper? Could we require biodiverse rooftop gardens and/or have "vertical" farms inside cities? If we can grow the food we need where we live, we could return farmland to native wildland. How about large safe zones in the ocean, creating places for sea life to naturally respawn? Instead of basically clear cutting and stripping everything, how about we consider sustainability.

I think it's possible to live with nature as a modern civilization, we just need to actually consider it. Problem is the current mentality, short term profit at the expense of everything including humans. When you look at our long term future, helping the planet would actually be far more profitable (and not just monetarily).

-----

As important as I think the climate is right now, I know it's also not the only major issue.
I'm trying not to go all P&N here either, but these problems need more action less arguing.
We need to stop fighting over which "party" is better, who said what, or who smelt it dealt it.
I want to see more people sharing ideas and actually working together to fix the problems.