The best mp3 player ?

munisgtm

Apr 18, 2006
which one should i go for ?
Apple Ipod 30GB(5.5G)
Creative Zen M 30GB
Toshiba Gigabeat 30GB
Microsoft Zune 30GB

one thing i would'nt like in a MP3 player is DRM and protection stuff and lack of formats that it would play.

thanks in advance!

jonessoda

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2005
Zen. Creative has a couple decades of experience in the sound industry, and it really shows, plus they're packed with features and come with earbuds that aren't crap, so you don't have to replace them right away.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
there's a lot of ipod haters out there and that's ok but really nothing beats the ipod video for me.... i loved my 60gb one until i shattered the LCD :(

maybe i'll get the new 80gb one for xmas! :D

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
iPod is the best. <-- that is a period. Creative may be better if you want to do stupid stuff like watch video

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I'm still convinced the Creative Vision M is the best. The only thing that bugs me about it is you need that adapter to plug into a USB port, but they have a dock out now that solves that.

The screen is awesome, video is fairly easy to transfer, and it plays everything you throw at it. The touch pad gets some taking used to, but it becomes second nature after a while.
Battery life is excellent, and it looks pretty damn snazzy with it's blue LEDS :)

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Does any mp3 player out there support bluetooth? I'd like to use my bluetooth headphones with it if possible.

munisgtm

Apr 18, 2006
im now really confused between Ipod and Zen M ... both are great , but im leaning towards Zen M because of its screen and large number of formats that it can play.

Dec 10, 2005
The Zen Vision M is nice, but there latest firmware update removed FM recording, so :thumbsdown: in that respect. The earbuds with any player are generally going to suck, so don't base your purchase off of that. If anything, go to a store and see if you can try them all. As for the DRM stuff, it only applies to music that you purchased, not MP3s (but in the Zune's case, it also applies to the wireless sending of songs).

munisgtm

Apr 18, 2006
nice link irishScott i am now going for Zen M its superior in every sense except that Ipod is much more sexy-looking and the click-wheel is pretty sweet too.

Dec 10, 2005

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
With Engadget saying that the 4GB Clix is going to be $200, I'm buying one as soon as they come out. No real need for massive storage, it wouldn't come close to my collection anyway so I'll still be picking and choosing.

That, and give me a nice player with FLAC playback and I'm there.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
With Engadget saying that the 4GB Clix is going to be $200, I'm buying one as soon as they come out. No real need for massive storage, it wouldn't come close to my collection anyway so I'll still be picking and choosing.

iRiver = junk

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Originally posted by: EvilYoda

iRiver = junk

Right...

NuAlphaMan

Aug 30, 2006
As some have stated, the Creative Zen Vision:M is awesome. If you are watching video, you really need to get the Creative. Hands down, it's the best for video. For playing music, they are about the same. And don't be fooled, the Creative is sexy too! :)

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
another vote for the creative vision M. Mine has been nothing but spectacular.