The best :beer; ever?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
On the bad beer list, where's Hamms, Miller High Life, Pabst, and Lacrosse Lager?

:confused:

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Nice to see Bell's beers doing so well. Bell's Oberon being my personal fav.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: vi_edit
On the bad beer list, where's Hamms, Miller High Life, Pabst, and Lacrosse Lager?

:confused:

No offense but if you drank a real beer and followed it by one of those brands....it would be equivalent to skunk piss! . I would go as far as saying those cheap ass beers would strip the hair off a monkey :p

Sysadmin

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What?
No Westmalle on that list? The Tripel belongs right up there with Westvleteren and Rochefort, in fact, I'd take a Westmalle Tripel over a Rochefort 10, cept maybe for the fact that Rochefort is more rare around here, so I don't get to taste it as often.

Oh well, I agree with every beer I've drank on that list, it's only missing a few :)

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
Originally posted by: DanJ
That is a damn fine beer! Seasonal isn't it? like from april to october?

Yep; seasonal, typically starts running out around early November. Signs all over the place here (East Lansing, MI) when the bars and stores start to receive it. Nothing like the first Oberon of the season out on a bar patio; or the next 5.

Just a beautiful, beautiful beer.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
That is a damn fine beer! Seasonal isn't it? like from april to october?

Yep; seasonal, typically starts running out around early November. Signs all over the place here (East Lansing, MI) when the bars and stores start to receive it. Nothing like the first Oberon of the season out on a bar patio; or the next 5.

Just a beautiful, beautiful beer.

there is a pizza parlor near my house that carries Oberon.... freaking awesom combination:

pizza with pepperoni, mushroom, garlic, goat cheese, mozz, green peppers and spinach and a pitcher of OBERON. blissfulness.

nwfsnake

Feb 28, 2003
I was on business in Northern Germany many years ago, and had a red ale called something like "Rommel Dues", or something similar to that name. Best beer(s) I ever had, but then again I am not a huge beer drinker.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Big Rock brewery here in Alberta makes a very popular beer called Grasshopper. It's a light refreshing beer with little aftertaste. Although I'm a health nut and don't drink alcohol much, when I do have a beer or two, I get a Grasshopper. Unfortunately, it's not widely available outside of here.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Are any of these beers available at Trader Joes or Beverages & More?.....

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Btw, the best beers I have tried are in Germany and the Czech Republic..........Makes sense since beers were invented in that region. :beer: