The anti-commemorative thread for September 11th, 2001

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
We all know you are out there - and you have the right to be heard also - post here why you are rebelling against (or avoiding) the commemoration of 9/11/01, now two years ago.

***** This is only for an intelligent, interesting discussion, not to be flamed by all yous who think everyone should commemorate 9/11/01 regardless of reason. Please post here only if you don't feel we need all this commemoration hype, and your heartfelt reasons why. *****

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I have the right to not feel taken in by the two-year anniversary of 9/11 because I think the whole event has been marred by the Bush Regime using their deaths as political pawns for their own legitimacy and reelection-attempt gains.

I believe this whole scenario could have been prevented had our workers been doing their jobs, ie traffic controllers, and the Bush Regime had heeded all the warnings it was made aware of.

Terrorism? Perhaps. But we now live in more fear because the Bush Regime keeps hammering fear into the hearts of citizens by using 9/11 as their tool.

Frankly, I see no evidence yet to absolve the Bush Regime of responsibility for 9/11. Since 1996, with the New American Order, they had an even exactly like this in mind in order for them to dig their neoconservatistic heels into the World's ass. I believe the Bush Regime wanted an event such as this for their own political gains.

And I believe this whole event has been over-used to promote flagrant actions of Nationalism that have damaged the United States reputation. Not only against the World community, but also against other citizens herein the United States.

I should note that I feel for all the victims of 9/11, as I've suffered loss too.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I personally think that some of it is a bit over the top.
However, I do realize and respect the right of those who wish to mourn and reflect on what transpired. Lets not forget that we memerialize the attack on Pearl Harbor and this "commemoration" deserves it's place also.

CkG

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
This is only for an intelligent discussion,

You broke your own rule with this little bit of phlegm:

Since 1996, with the New American Order, they had an even exactly like this in mind in order for them to dig their neoconservatistic heels into the World's ass. I believe the Bush Regime wanted an event such as this for their own political gains.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
I have the right to not feel taken in by the two-year anniversary of 9/11 because I think the whole event has been marred by the Bush Regime using their deaths as political pawns for their own legitimacy and reelection-attempt gains.

I believe this whole scenario could have been prevented had our workers been doing their jobs, ie traffic controllers, and the Bush Regime had heeded all the warnings it was made aware of.

Terrorism? Perhaps. But we now live in more fear because the Bush Regime keeps hammering fear into the hearts of citizens by using 9/11 as their tool.

Frankly, I see no evidence yet to absolve the Bush Regime of responsibility for 9/11. Since 1996, with the New American Order, they had an even exactly like this in mind in order for them to dig their neoconservatistic heels into the World's ass. I believe the Bush Regime wanted an event such as this for their own political gains.

And I believe this whole event has been over-used to promote flagrant actions of Nationalism that have damaged the United States reputation. Not only against the World community, but also against other citizens herein the United States.

I should note that I feel for all the victims of 9/11, as I've suffered loss too.

Another post that has nothing to do with the subject and is simply a bash at President Bush.. I think you are actually pretty happy people died because it means you can use it to try to get a democrat into office.. thats all you care about.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
We all know you are out there - and you have the right to be heard also - post here why you are rebelling against (or avoiding) the commemoration of 9/11/01, now two years ago.

***** This is only for an intelligent, interesting discussion, not to be flamed by all yous who think everyone should commemorate 9/11/01 regardless of reason. Please post here only if you don't feel we need all this commemoration hype, and your heartfelt reasons why. *****

Translation: Don't post unless you agree with me.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I'm not getting into an arguing match here with you UQ, but an intelligent discussion does include discussion your feelings and whatnot about things.

Anything the person feels that contributes to their decision is expressable and intelligent to discuss.

Not everyone is going to agree, and not everyone is unpatriotic for their feelings. Deal with it unless you have something to contribute why wouldn't be taking time our of your life for this point of the past.

TubStain

Apr 19, 2001
I respect USA's right to mourn for their loss, BUT I do not respect the right of the government to use that as a means for controlling public opinionand inciting fear into people. Every major country has faced major losses of human life, some continue to do so. These countries do not have the benefit of making the world their center stage, like american's do. Therefore my view is that while american's can mourn and commemorate their loss, they should not expect the world to mourn for them, as well.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Well we are seeing who the real flamers and thread-disrupters are in the forums.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Well we are seeing who the real flamers and thread-disrupters are in the forums.

You expected a discussion when you started the thread by saying only post if you agree with your side? Then go on to not even address the issue you started and simply used it as a way to bash the President? I am glad you see the death of 3000 people as a political agenda advancer.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
folks - lets please refer to the first post here and have a good, enlightening chat.

please disregard the flamers b#llsh#t

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
folks - lets please refer to the first post here and have a good, enlightening chat.

Yeah folks, what's wrong with you. Either post something that timmy can agree with or stay out of the thread.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Yeah folks, what's wrong with you. Either post something that timmy can agree with or stay out of the thread.

Bush has the lowest presidential approval ratings on any president in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I will treat it like any other day. Anyone remember the Oklahoma city bombings? Big news for a few years then it just faded away. Those events should be remembered, but not celebrated. If you want to have a private mourning or something, that's quite alright. However, I hate it when the media takes over and makes everyone re-live it.

I also hate it when people have to bring up politics (phillyTIM) when talking about this. The subject has been beaten to death and all your crappy whinning has been flushed down the toilet long ago. Let's move on.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I never said it had to be what I agreed with; I simply expect the discussion to stay on the topic of the thread. We've rebuted and argued about all of your s#it in multiple threads.

some people may have these feelings that go back to something political, some may have feelings that go back to something religious, some reasons go back to their own personal values. some people just may not have a real reason other than rebellion. it doesn't matter.

i thought it'd be interesting just to simply see who & why people are not participating in the remembrance of 9/11, and allow a place for them to express their thoughts. we have enough respect for those who commemorate it, have some respect for those of us who don't. i'm sure there the reasons why are interesting, and different for everyone; and not everyone expects political gain out of their feelings.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
9/11 is the day the media and politician attention whores try to cash in on the deaths of 3000 Americans.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Why not just celebrate it truly for what it was, the downtrodden martyrs striking at the heart of the fascist evil Bush GOP administration. Why not just lament that the 4th plane didn't hit the white house, and the POTU wasn't there along with the rest of his administration. You've lamented their lives before in other threads, let's put a smile on this one!

Show your true feelings Philly, don't muck around with this anti-commemorative stuff. As you and BOBDN have enlightened me, GOP = Evil, Democrat = good. So let's celebrate!

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Personally, tomorrow will be 11/9 not 9/11 since I'm in the UK, and as such, I will not really "do" anything.
(ie: I don't like the way its been used to make the world think the US must be right since they siffered such a tradgedy)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I think the name Patriot Day is a disgrace to all those who died on 9/11.

9/11 is a date of historical significance, like Pearl Harbor. I'm not going to be tying any ribbons, hanging any flags, or praying at any services or vigils. I'll just enjoy my day as normal.

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
wow, this thread is a disgrace.

You liberals abd anti-bush people are just spouting out the same old babble.

Did you really not expect the media to be all over this incident? Did you really not expect Bush to instill fear into people? Do you honestly think that he could have stopped this?

This is a joke. If those terrorists wanted to attack us, then they would have attacked us. They've done it before and I promise to you that they will do it again...and get away with it...and depending on the President's political party at that time, all those of the other party will say that he should have stopped it.

Regardless of what happened, thousands of US people were killed but a terrorist attack. And now you're going to just pretend like it didn't happen? You're going to just sit there and not feel bad at all for these innocent people who didn't deserve to die?

I'm sorry, but you liberals are just going too low. You try to complain about every single thing this current government is doing, but to refuse to acknowledge a day when many of our own people died? That's pathetic

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Wow, it's good to see UQ is back. I'm just waiting for him to snap and starting calling everyone a f**ktard or whatever his insults du jour are this time around.
rolleye.gif

Personally, I don't plan on doing anything particular on 9/11. I watched a couple of those memorial specials on TV. It reminded me how much I was behind Bush when we went to Afghanistan. And then how f'd up I thought it was when we pissed away the world's sympathy to take out Iraq. Just like Jessica Lynch, we took a wrong turn and ended up the anti-hero.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Stojakapimp

Did you really not expect the media to be all over this incident? Did you really not expect Bush to instill fear into people? Do you honestly think that he could have stopped this?

This is a joke. If those terrorists wanted to attack us, then they would have attacked us. They've done it before and I promise to you that they will do it again...and get away with it...and depending on the President's political party at that time, all those of the other party will say that he should have stopped it.

Regardless of what happened, thousands of US people were killed but a terrorist attack. And now you're going to just pretend like it didn't happen? You're going to just sit there and not feel bad at all for these innocent people who didn't deserve to die?

I'm sorry, but you liberals are just going too low. You try to complain about every single thing this current government is doing, but to refuse to acknowledge a day when many of our own people died? That's pathetic

It truly is pathetic, but really, you shouldn't expect much more from them.

KK

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Stojakapimp

well said