That crazy fundy VP nominee is at it again

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
It just happens to be the dude (again) and not the dame. I guess the pushback they're getting on the patriotic taxes is going to cause them to spend time defending the position. At least he also includes a lie about the "bush taxcut" in his spin.

?Catholic social doctrine as I was taught it is, you take care of people who need the help the most,? Mr. Biden said to an audience of union members in Akron, Ohio on Thursday. ?Now it?d be different if you could make the case to me that by giving this tax cut to the very wealthy, everybody else was going to be better off. We saw what happened the last eight years when we gave that tax cut.?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
?? Controversy not found. I also don't see anything untrue about his statement.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Arkaign
?? Controversy not found. I also don't see anything untrue about his statement.

This. Which happens to be my typical response to a lupi post. :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Guys, Catholics are fundies. Biden is spouting radical religious doctrine here. hehe

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The GOP has been grasping at straws all week long.

This thread is a prime example.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: lupi
It just happens to be the dude (again) and not the dame. I guess the pushback they're getting on the patriotic taxes is going to cause them to spend time defending the position. At least he also includes a lie about the "bush taxcut" in his spin.

?Catholic social doctrine as I was taught it is, you take care of people who need the help the most,? Mr. Biden said to an audience of union members in Akron, Ohio on Thursday. ?Now it?d be different if you could make the case to me that by giving this tax cut to the very wealthy, everybody else was going to be better off. We saw what happened the last eight years when we gave that tax cut.?

Pssttt... it's OK when a Democrat talks about religion...because they don't actually believe it...or some BS like that.

I'm not Catholic so I'm not intimate with Catholic doctrine but it would be a bastardization for Biden or Catholics to suggest that the Bible/Christianity says the GOVERNMENT should "take care of people who need the help the most".

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
When I first read "...the dude..." I immediately thought of Lebowski. And then, I thought of that douchbag snowdog humping waste-oid, Todd Palin.

Meh. :|

Now, I'm just disappointed by this thread.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: lupi

Pssttt... it's OK when a Democrat talks about religion...because they don't actually believe it...or some BS like that.

I'm not Catholic so I'm not intimate with Catholic doctrine but it would be a bastardization for Biden or Catholics to suggest that the Bible/Christianity says the GOVERNMENT should "take care of people who need the help the most".

Well, whether he was implying that or not, he's right that help should first be given to those who need it the most. That's not Catholic doctrine. That's the doctrine of common decency.

But making the extrapolational jump from that to tax-cuts is something of a stretch. There are better ways to help people than tax-cuts. Tax cuts are primarily to improve the economy.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Dude he can't mention that he's religion without being a crazy fundy, duh

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
because the GOP would never pander to religious-sensitive issues like gay marriage and abortion......

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: jpeyton

But the million and one threads about Sarah Palin isnt grasping at straws?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: nick1985

YASPT?

Nice duhversion.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: nick1985

No. It was based on an honest, unbiased look at the facts.

/severe, unrestrained sarcasm.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Amen. (pun intended) This is reaching even for a lupi post.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
So remind me again, who's the fundie?

The guy talking about helping others less fortunate?

Or the woman talking about teaching creationism in schools, humans and dinosaurs roaming the earth together, and a pro-life agenda that protects a rapist's unborn child?

:laugh:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Guys, Catholics are fundies. Biden is spouting radical religious doctrine here. hehe

Catholics aren't fundies.

Thank you. I didn't want to be the one to point out that lupi is nuts.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
So remind me again, who's the fundie?

The guy talking about helping others less fortunate?

Or the woman talking about teaching creationism in schools, humans and dinosaurs roaming the earth together, and a pro-life agenda that protects a rapist's unborn child?

:laugh:

This is the best possible answer. You get full credit.