That crazy fundy VP nominee is at it again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: lupi
It just happens to be the dude (again) and not the dame. I guess the pushback they're getting on the patriotic taxes is going to cause them to spend time defending the position. At least he also includes a lie about the "bush taxcut" in his spin.

?Catholic social doctrine as I was taught it is, you take care of people who need the help the most,? Mr. Biden said to an audience of union members in Akron, Ohio on Thursday. ?Now it?d be different if you could make the case to me that by giving this tax cut to the very wealthy, everybody else was going to be better off. We saw what happened the last eight years when we gave that tax cut.?

Pssttt... it's OK when a Democrat talks about religion...because they don't actually believe it...or some BS like that.

I'm not Catholic so I'm not intimate with Catholic doctrine but it would be a bastardization for Biden or Catholics to suggest that the Bible/Christianity says the GOVERNMENT should "take care of people who need the help the most".

as someone pretty well versed in catholic ideas, the bold is what a catholic should expect of government, as well as what they should expect from everyone else.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
So remind me again, who's the fundie?

The guy talking about helping others less fortunate?

Or the woman talking about teaching creationism in schools, humans and dinosaurs roaming the earth together, and a pro-life agenda that protects a rapist's unborn child?

:laugh:

wow, ah, I think jpeyton just owned you, OP.

I'm impressed.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
This thread contains nothing I didn't already know, but it does make me want to support Biden just that much more because what he said is correct.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Yall need to slow down your posting, the hypocrisy bus is starting to get pretty packed.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Yall need to slow down your posting, the hypocrisy bus is starting to get pretty packed.

Oh? I've never attacked SP for being a "crazy fundy".

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

The hypocrisy is you calling someone a hypocrite. Your thread is a joke and is being responded to as such.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Robor

The hypocrisy is you calling someone a hypocrite. Your thread is a joke and is being responded to as such.
Don't mind lugi, he's the epitome of a partisan hock.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hypocrisy?

Is that kind of like calling for increased market regulation after 26 years of fighting for deregulation?

Or calling out earmark spending after accepting more earmark dollars per capita than any other governor in the union?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Guys, Catholics are fundies. Biden is spouting radical religious doctrine here. hehe

Catholics aren't fundies.

Check your sarcasm meter.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Pssttt... it's OK when a Democrat talks about religion...because they don't actually believe it...or some BS like that.

I'm not Catholic so I'm not intimate with Catholic doctrine but it would be a bastardization for Biden or Catholics to suggest that the Bible/Christianity says the GOVERNMENT should "take care of people who need the help the most".

That's because whenever a Democrat talks about religion, it isn't about how creationism should be taught in science classes, or how govt should be used to enforce 'Christian values' like outlawing abortion, homosexuality, etc etc.
Granted, it tends to be about wealth redistribution and helping the poor, but at least that's what Jesus actually preached about.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Vic

That's because whenever a Democrat talks about religion, it isn't about how creationism should be taught in science classes, or how govt should be used to enforce 'Christian values' like outlawing abortion, homosexuality, etc etc.
Granted, it tends to be about wealth redistribution and helping the poor, but at least that's what Jesus actually preached about.

Not about the gov't doing it. To suggest that Jesus was talking about the gov't when talking about helping the least among us is to bastardize his teachings.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

say what?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Not about the gov't doing it. To suggest that Jesus was talking about the gov't when talking about helping the least among us is to bastardize his teachings.

No, you're applying modern values and out of context. Religion and govt were the same thing in Jesus' time.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JS80

say what?

How much chapter and verse would you like me to quote for you?

I'll start off with Matthew 19:16-24

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

No, you're applying modern values and out of context. Religion and govt were the same thing in Jesus' time.

*sigh*....

No I'm not applying anything modern. The teaching is that people are supposed to help those less fortunate. It is a bastardization of that individual principle to suggest that a Gov't should do it - especially forcefully under the guise of "helping".

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

say what?

Uhhh hello? WTF does that have to do with taxes and redistribution - or even the government?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It just happens to be the dude (again) and not the dame. I guess the pushback they're getting on the patriotic taxes is going to cause them to spend time defending the position. At least he also includes a lie about the "bush taxcut" in his spin.

You poor, pathetic, brainless child. I don't even know if you know how much you lie because you're too reading challenged to understand the words on your screen, let alone comment on them with any more intelligence than a rock.

?Catholic social doctrine as I was taught it is, you take care of people who need the help the most,? Mr. Biden said to an audience of union members in Akron, Ohio on Thursday.

What's your point? Biden named one of his sources regarding issues of social conscience, which are consistant across many religions and non-religious philosophiesl . NOWHERE did he state he would impose any religious dogma on any issue. That's in direct comparison to Palin, who has explicitly stated that she would want to see her ooga booga mystery oil creationism taught in science classes in public schools.

?Now it?d be different if you could make the case to me that by giving this tax cut to the very wealthy, everybody else was going to be better off. We saw what happened the last eight years when we gave that tax cut.?

Where's the "spin" or "lie" about the Bushwhacko tax cuts for the wealthy? :confused:

The only lies and spin I see are in every word you post. :thumbsdown: :|

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

*sigh*....

No I'm not applying anything modern. The teaching is that people are supposed to help those less fortunate. It is a bastardization of that individual principle to suggest that a Gov't should do it - especially forcefully under the guise of "helping".

Uh... Jesus was pretty clear that the more prosperous have to give to the poor or else burn in hellfire for all eternity. It doesn't get much more forceful than that.

Luke 16:19-26

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

say what?

Uhhh hello? WTF does that have to do with taxes and redistribution - or even the government?

Have you actually read the Gospels, CAD?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01

He reads the gospel of neo-con.

More like the gospel of Ayn Rand. Which is fine... as long as one keeps in mind that Ayn Rand was so rabidly atheist that Richard Dawkins looks pious and faithful in comparison.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

say what?

Yes, and Matthew 19:16-24 has NOTHING to do with taxation and/or government redistribution. To suggest it does is to bastardize the teaching.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Uh... Jesus was pretty clear that the more prosperous have to give to the poor or else burn in hellfire for all eternity. It doesn't get much more forceful than that.

Like how Mccain has given over 7 figures to charity over the last couple years, while bho just manages to break 6 figures and biden gave a pack of gum and a donut during that same time.