thank you letter after interview.. Hows this?

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Is it better to mail it or to email it?

look at a couple post down, is it any good?

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Mail it.

Everybody and there brother e-mails everything. A real letter makes it look like you took time and effort into preparing it (even if its only a few more minutes to do so).

sirspotticus

Mar 30, 2001
email is probably fine. you'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't even thank their interviewers.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: AgentEL
I would say email as soon as you can while they still remember you.

That's what my GF has done on her last 2 interviews (all with the same company for the same position). Hopefully, she will be getting a call about her 4th one in the next week or so.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Hey guys how is this??:

Dear XXXXX,

I would like to thank you for your time meeting me today. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me, and also to ask my questions. I really learned a lot about the mortgage banking industry.
I look forward to hear from you. I hope that I would be a good match for the position. Have fun on your trip!

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
This is better

Dear Boss,

I would like to thank you for your time meeting me today. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me, and also to ask my questions. I really learned a lot about the mortgage banking industry.
I look forward to hear from you. I hope that I would be a good match for the position. Have fun on your trip! Give me the job, bitch. And pay me 6 figures too!!one1!1!!

Sincerely,
z0mb13

ahhahaha

seriously, take out "I really". or at least don't repeat it so much

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Hey guys how is this??:

Dear XXXXX,

I look forward to hear from you. I hope that I would be a good match for the position. Have fun on your trip!

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

If you say that you learned a lot, it may imply that you didn't know anything before the interview. Maybe you should say that you gained some sort of insight into the industry from talking to this individual. And for God's sake, grammar and spell check.

-geoff

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Change "I hope" to "I believe that I would be a great match" or something like that. I always email, sot hat you're fresh in their mind.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Hey guys how is this??:

Dear XXXXX,

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

You start every sentence but the last with the same word: "I". It makes your letter sound like the focus is you instead of the interviewer. Reword it.

Edit because I can't spell sentence.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Hows this one folks?

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

I would like to thank you for your time meeting me today. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me, and also to ask my questions. From our conversation, I gained a lot of knowledge of the mortgage banking industry.
I look forward to hear from you. I believe that I would be a good match for the position. Have fun on your trip!

Sincerely,

XXXXX

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Hey guys how is this??:

Dear XXXXX,

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

You start every sentance but the last with the same word: "I". It makes your letter sound like the focus is you instead of the interviewer. Reword it.

oh yeah, thanks for the tip

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Hows this one folks?

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

I would like to thank you for your time meeting me today. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me, and also to ask my questions. From our conversation, I gained a lot of knowledge of the mortgage banking industry.
I look forward to hear from you. I believe that I would be a good match for the position. Have fun on your trip!

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Here is another thing that needs rewording. When you break that sentence up it is stating this: I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to ask my questions.

That makes no sense. To me it sounds like you are thanking him for asking questions for you. :confused: Are you thanking him for allowing you to ask questions, or for him answering your questions? Make that a little clearer. You probably shoudn't thank him for letting you ask the questions (they are supposed to do that, right?) but instead for his good answers to them.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Hows this one folks?

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Here is another thing that needs rewording. When you break that sentence up it is stating this: I really appreciate your time and your willingness to interview me. I really appreciate your time and your willingness to ask my questions.

That makes no sense. To me it sounds like you are thanking him for asking questions for you. :confused: Are you thanking him for allowing you to ask questions, or for him answering your questions? Make that a little clearer. You probably shoudn't thank him for letting you ask the questions (they are supposed to do that, right?) but instead for his good answers to them.

:( what I mean is to ANSWER my question and not ask..

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
In general, too plain.

Use this letter to repeat and reassert your strengths. Say stuff like, "I hope I get the opportunity to prove my 133t skills". Or, "I hope you find my sooper dooper xray eyes and washboard abs a perfect match for the xxx position."

Unless you are sure he/she remembers you, consider putting the time and date of the interview. Introduce yourself again, by name. Like, "I am xxx. I met with you on xxx." but more formal. Restate your contact number and email address.

Remember, you are still selling yourself.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
I would like to thank you for your time meeting me today.

That sentence sounds awkward. Consider rewording. "Thank you for taking the time to meet today."

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
wow, this is great! i just came from an interview myself. i think i'm just going to email.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
email is fine - the quicker the better I think.

I was so grateful that I even mailed the HR person (who had nothing to do with the interview process except contacting me) a thank-you card.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Send it via Snail mail. Not everyone checks their email often. I always send them via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. It might cost $3.85, but at least I know for a fact that it has been delivered and in a timely manner.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: AgentEL
Check out page 9 for an example:

Text

sweet I am a CAL graduate too!

I hate it that their career center is so far away from central campus

:beer: yeah, it's a far trek, but I lived on southside so it wasn't too bad. Plus, the career center is a great resource (although I didn't get a job through them haha)

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
Looks fine. Interestingly enough, I've gone both snail and email and I've never gotten a job for which I followed up with a thank you note. As far as I'm concered, it's a surefire way to not get the job. :p