TF2 Servers? Yes! We have a new TF2 Group :-)

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I usually check to see if anyone is on before playing. I'll be playing tonight just throw me a message on steam if something is getting started.

Hmm... I tried to add you as a friend under the name loof and it found loofen_83 and said you hadn't logged in in over a year.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
We are starting up a game on the AT server now if anyone is interested.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
If you guys start games, you should announce it on ATOT as well, i did last time and the mods didn't have a problem with it.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Phokus
If you guys start games, you should announce it on ATOT as well, i did last time and the mods didn't have a problem with it.

Good plan. Last night we could not get over 5 people at a time, so the game ended up dying. :(

KT

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I'd play, but I've discovered the only way I can get into a server is if I follow a friend in using the Steam Community. I have a snowflake's chance in hell of getting in using the in-game or steam.exe server list, always hangs at the parsing game info stage.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I was just on a great server with Pontifex. I doubt he knows I was there, though :p

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I tried a new map yesterday called CP_Castle (I think?) it ws great, much better than any of the other custom maps I have tried.

I should be on again tonight after 5:30PDT if anyone is up for a game! :)

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: drum
server down?

It appears so, it is saying 'this server is running an older protocol than your client, whatever that means'. :confused:

KT

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: drum
server down?

It appears so, it is saying 'this server is running an older protocol than your client, whatever that means'. :confused:

KT

It means the server needs the patch that was put out 2 days ago.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I have not seen BadRobot around in a while, but I'm hoping he will have a chance to update the server soon.

Once it is updated we need to organize a game.

KT

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Any updates? I was looking forward to playing with some ATers but the server still doesn't have the patch. :(

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Sheesh. I just hopped in a game with you Keith, and that server is annoying. Twenty custom .wav files, text spam every 30 seconds. How could you stand that? :p

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Beev
Sheesh. I just hopped in a game with you Keith, and that server is annoying. Twenty custom .wav files, text spam every 30 seconds. How could you stand that? :p

Never tried it before, I only hopped on there because it gave me 5 ping. :p I think they thought it was CS or something with all of the stupid songs and whatnot. I only could handle about 30 minutes there.

Anyway, I'm not sure what has happened to BadRobot, but maybe we could organize something on a different server? We could use the AT TF2 group page to do it maybe?

KT

BF04

Sep 25, 2004
ok newb alert!
how do find the Anand server in the server list in Steam? I can not locate it by IP.

thx

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
You should be able to find it by IP... However, it isn't updated so maybe if it's not on your favorites/history it won't let you see it.

BF04

Sep 25, 2004
I see the filter, however I do not see a location to allow me to input an IP.

I will check again.

thx

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: BF04
I see the filter, however I do not see a location to allow me to input an IP.

I will check again.

thx

Go to the favourites tab then click enter favourite by IP (or something like that) then input the IP there. Should work.

KT

BF04

Sep 25, 2004
Got it listed in Fav. now thanks.

Another newb question if you do not mind. Is this a beta? Their are not many maps and I am just curious if their coming out with alot more and or do we have to pay for a retail type? I have looked around the web but not alot of info.